Taekwondo?

You are learning lifes most valuable lesson.

Something can be hard and you might not want to do it, but if you persevere and just keep turning up you get a reward a hundred fold greater than anything fleeting.

This is a test of your character.

What kind of Man do you want to be?

Seeing as I'm a girl I don't think I'd want to be any kind of man :D But in all seriousness I get what you're saying.

I'm not sure I can help much with motivation, but you can work on some things:

Make plans/focus on little things you can improve on. Think of moves/strategies you want to try out before class and try to hit a mini goal. This can be anything from keeping a good posture, keeping your elbows tucked, taking smaller steps when moving (defense) around or working on a specific move, like setup to throw or armbar (offense).

Staying relaxed is good strategy to save energy, learn to pick your battles (rest when in good position and use bursts to get out of bad situation or attack)

Watch what more skilled people do and see if you can implement some of their tricks

Try to get in better shape and strength train on your off days a little

Have you found your tokui waza (favorite technique/throw) yet? That can make practice very interesting. There's a lot of variables, e.g. if you're tall in stature, probably foot sweeps will be more effective than shoulder throws. Once you ID some throws you're good at then there's practicing setups and counters. I like uchimata but I was never really good at it. I ended up getting into taiotoshi. Just sort of stumbled into it after sensei did a class on it.

Back