Taekwondo Appreciation Thread

the_foot_fist_way_movie__1_.jpg

This thread won't be long.

taekwondo is a joke. It's absolutely useless in MMA.

While I agree, we aren't discussing MMA here. This is the Stand Up forum so we are discussing stand up martial arts and this thread is a Tae Kwon Do thread so we aren't discussing MMA.

Taekwondo has some cool quick foot work!:icon_chee

BUT THAT'S IT

Impressive kicks I would say. I wouldn't use them in street fights, though, Easy to get off balance when caught.

Kind of sad the kind of people this forum has brought, I blame the mainstream. This isn't a thread about shitting on Taekwondo, if you don't like the martial art then stay out of the thread and refrain from commenting on it. I am a MT guy myself, but Taekwondo is still a legitimate martial art and some people enjoy it, not everyone is out to be an "ultimate fighter". Grow up.

It stems from insecurity. You say the right things an insult the right styles or training methods or fighters and you will be excepted by the masses on this forum. It's quite pathetic that many people here would rather regurgitate someone elses beliefs rather be man enough to form his own opinions and thoughts regardless of what criticism he may face from a board full of anonymous people who have no impact on their actual lives.

It also says alot about their training as well. One wouldn't be so insecure if he was well trained and experienced a wide range of what the martial art world has to offer.

I've heard Tony Robbins has done some wonderful work with martial artists. Perhaps some "Yes!!" cartwheels would be in order to boost some of the sherdoger's self esteem.

tkd can be deadly if practiced correctly.most of the people here dont know what real tkd is.

It stems from insecurity. You say the right things an insult the right styles or training methods or fighters and you will be excepted by the masses on this forum. It's quite pathetic that many people here would rather regurgitate someone elses beliefs rather be man enough to form his own opinions and thoughts regardless of what criticism he may face from a board full of anonymous people who have no impact on their actual lives.

It also says alot about their training as well. One wouldn't be so insecure if he was well trained and experienced a wide range of what the martial art world has to offer.

I've heard Tony Robbins has done some wonderful work with martial artists. Perhaps some "Yes!!" cartwheels would be in order to boost some of the sherdoger's self esteem.

Did anyone watch the vids I posted???
Taekwondo domination!!!

nah damn vids havent been loading up on my computer as of late!:mad:

I don't enjoy TKD bashing, I have a soft spot for it for some reason. Probably because I reckon nothing beats a good kick to the head to knock someone out. Saying that it is unpracticable for MMA but its a traditional martial art turned local money making center... So it has lost a lot of credit.

ITF%20taekwondo%202.jpg

Your not going to see much love for the art on a "Mixed Martial Arts" forum but ah well. Anyways, I prefer the ITF style anyways, the Olympic style (WTF) is pretty putrid.

I've fought a legit Taekwondo guy before and his kicks had some power to them.

tkd can be deadly if practiced correctly.most of the people here dont know what real tkd is.

That's because it's difficult to teach real tkd profitably. If you want to make a living teaching martial arts in the US, the money is in volume, which means in making your classes accessible to everyone. The places where I've seen tkd go hard is typically at the college level, where everyone is in the club because they want to be there (not because their parents signed them up) and there's no money on the line to incentive instructors to water anything down.

Back