Tae Kwon Do, Capoeira, Karate or Kung Fu?

Between these Karate by far

I always thought he was joking around with that. is kung fu actually a legit base? (real question, don't know)

if it is then he has to be the worst representation of kung fu ive ever seen in my life

Not just Karate! Kyokushin Karate!

depends how u will mix it into MMA and WHAT TYPE OF FIGHTER you are.
Every fighter is different.

when u plan to learn boxing and wrestling i would suggest to use Tea Kwon Do but Tea Kwon Do doesnt do much in the cage when u dont have wrestling and boxing. But when u have wrestling and boxing tea kwon do can be a very very good addition to the whole game.

Kung Fu is not as a base but some stuff in Kung Fu can help out as well in a spiritual way, the movements but u need to add this on wrestling and boxing. Kung Fu isnt the best base for MMA imo.

For me Karate as a only base is to stiff but Karate is very good for that stance and this distance control. It is a better base but for me Karat is little bit to stiff... but some stuff on Karate are great.

Technically sanda is kung fu and its basically kickboxing with throws so id go with that. Otherwise karate.

All martial arts can be successfully applied to mma.

Not my martial art. Its 76% eye gouging and the rest are groin and throat strikes. I already regret teaching jon jones a few techniques.

Not my martial art. Its 76% eye gouging and the rest are groin and throat strikes. I already regret teaching jon jones a few techniques.
Jon is a fast learner confirmed

Yes, Kung fu is the thousand year old martial art known for being fat as fuck and spamming overhand rights.

Taekwondo or Karate, but neither are ideal since they don't involve full contact sparring.

I think we’ll see successful kung fu in MMA in the future.

If you watch how those hardcore Wudang guys are training, a lot of that stuff could carry over to MMA...maybe even baffle fighters who haven’t been exposed to it.

I’m less convinced by other kung fu styles, but Wudang has a lot of potential to be useful in MMA.
There are some great videos of the training on YouTube.

This is gonna be super silly question but what’s the difference between karate and Kung fu? I know karate but I always just kinda assumed they were the same.

TKD and Capoeira because they give flexibility and agility, which translate well to other arts and prevent injuries. Karate is a stiffer sport, upright with lack of upper body movement and more of a emphasis on power strikes. Imagine Pettis with good boxing - real defense and upper body movement, angles and counters. Would make his overall movement ridiculously good.

Back