Tabata (recovery)

Henry Swanson

Excitement’s my game
@plutonium
Reaction score
What do you guys do for recovery right after a hard tabata session? I'm currently doing tabata squats with a 20 lb. bar and afterwards my legs are fried.

I pace. Walk around until I can jog then jog for a couple minutes (3 maybe), and have my post workout guinness.

Urban said:
I pace. Walk around until I can jog then jog for a couple minutes (3 maybe), and have my post workout guinness.

I just started drinking guiness again. The four pack (cans) came with a free glass. Have you tried Kilkenny's ale?

kilkennycan.jpg

Sonny said:
Yeah, I'm starting a new conditioning program by Urban.

Cool. Now you got me interested..;) Mind telling about it?

krellik said:
Cool. Now you got me interested..;) Mind telling about it?

Yeah sure. I'm currently preparing for re-entry into police recruiting. It's coming up in June and even though I passed all of their fitness tests last June I'm worried they may make me do them again, just to make sure I haven't been sitting on my ass doing fuck all for the past year.

If I do have to take the fitness tests again, I want to dominate them this time around.

Urban has me on a 6 day schedule with a mixture of weights, intervals, sandbag drills and a shitload of burpees. I had to tweak it a bit because I don't have a lot of equipment and my conditioning is sub par these days.

I do them with no weights and then afterward i do some light stretching and front/roundhouse kicks slowly to work on form and then i do some kicks at a faster pace. Using a 20lbs bar must kill...its a great work-out to sneak in especially if squat/lunge day is several days away...and since it works the quads so specifically i can pull or press for real later in the day...this is one of the staples that i've learned on this forum that has caused my fat loss to accelerate...talk about amping up your metabolism...

My recovery after tabata squats generally involves lying on the floor gasping for breath. After awhile I'm able to stand up and I go for a walk, after about 3-5minutes I go into a gentle jog for another 10 or so then cool down by walking for another 5.

Back