Movies T2 Judgement Day the GOAT Action Film of All Time?

T2 Judgement Day The GOAT Action Film of All Time?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's definitely between T2, Predator and Die Hard for me for pure action.

I just watched Gemini Man recently and honestly thought it was pretty damn good for an action flick. It's kind of a shame how far action movies have fallen. No one really seems to care about them anymore. I felt if it had been released in the 80s or 90s, it would be considered an all time classic. But since it was released in 2019, it's a flop and lost to history.

Terminator2poster.jpg

In this sequel set eleven years after "The Terminator," young John Connor, the key to civilization's victory over a future robot uprising, is the target of the shape-shifting T-1000, a Terminator sent from the future to kill him. Another Terminator, the revamped T-800 has been sent back to protect the boy. As John and his mother go on the run with the T-800, the boy forms an unexpected bond with the robot.

For me it's

1. T2 Judgement Day
2. Die Hard

Terminator 2's the best
MiserableFirsthandBeardedcollie-max-1mb.gif

Fallout is the real standout of the whole series imo and the critics and audience scores seem to back this up. It's a real anomaly for me, as the others, though enjoyable enough, weren't particularly memorable and I've never felt compelled to watch them again whereas Fallout absolutely blew me away when I went to see it in the cinema on a whim. I was pretty much burnt out on the MI series tbh and never would I have expected the 6th installment to be this good.
That's funny because that's how I feel about the ones after number 3. They were enjoyable the same way a FF movie is but I couldn't even begin to tell you what the plot was.
Both of you are not wrong.

I myself prefer the first one, but you're not wrong.

I don't think anything is better, maybe as good but T2 is equally impressive to me every time I watch it.

yeah, it’s good and shit. way too many fucking threads about it here, like yeah we get it- it’s cool, what else is there to say at this point fellas

I voted no but I'd put it top 5

Die Hard
Red Dawn
Robocop
Predator

I never liked Terminator 2 because of how John Connor made the Terminator become a vegan soyboy.

Seriously guys?
It's a Terminator that's supposed to kill people, not hug them!

I never liked Terminator 2 because of how John Connor made the Terminator become a vegan soyboy.

Seriously guys?
It's a Terminator that's supposed to kill people, not hug them!
Eddie Furlong and his buddy totally ficked that movie, IMO

"Are you calling moi a dipshit?"

Yea, gtfo with that shit

Eddie Furlong and his buddy totally ficked that movie, IMO

"Are you calling moi a dipshit?"

Yea, gtfo with that shit

Never really had a problem with that personally as the film treats him as what he is, a punk kid rather than trying to make him some poochie like outrageous paradigm where his antics are the height of coolness.

The main weakness of the film relative to the first one for me beyond being less original is that it feels a little less focused, you have the standard terminator chase and the cyberdyne/sarah plot mixed in, not badly done by the standards of most blockbusters at all but not quite as focused as the original.

Last edited:
It seems it has more popular appeal because if the Sci-Fi element, unlike potentially more iconic classics such as Rambo.

Rambo has been a houshold name even Pres Ronald Reagan referenced it.

But the Terminator is catching pretty fast.

Yes, it's the best pure action movie of all time.

My top 5:

1: The Dark Knight
2. Terminator 2
3. The Winter Soldier
4. Predator
5. Die Hard

I don't know if SW can be applied here.

IMHO, yes, but it has very stiff competition with Predator & Die Hard.

Its certainly the GOAT Action/SciFi movie of all time.

The only real competition it would have is Aliens, but its Action/Horror/SciFi/Suspense.
T2 & Fury Road.

T2 & Fury Road.

Fury Road does really stand out as a film in one of these big franchises that manages to stay lean and focused.

I spose part of the problem really is when your dealing with less able writers/directors they try to cover themselves by including these overly cluttered plots full of "lore". Fury Road as plenty of lore but its not throwing it in your face in the form of overly busy plotting, its keeping it in the characters and setting.

If it's not #1 it's certainly in the upper echelon.

T2 will always be in the discussion, and doesn't belong outside of any top 5 action movie list, IMO. The action direction is absolutely top tier. The canal chase sequence is such a standout example of in-camera stunt work edited together so perfectly. It's beautiful. Not to forget, T2 has the GOAT villain in the T1000. Tough villain to top in terms of deadly efficiency and lack of vulnerabilities. Also perfectly casted.
We won't get another movie like it, unfortunately. The practical effects and makeup all hold up and are more effective tools for storytelling than CGI could ever be, IMO. CGI bullet hits are stupid. So is CGI gunfire. I don't like the overly CGI looking liquid metal effects from Dark Fate either. It's not cooler at all. The T1000 had real weight to it and you got a sense of the tough viscosity of it's makeup. I could go on forever about how great this movie is.

Back