T-Wood will probably never be the best WW ever

L0ki

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Unfortunately for Tyron, the best WW ever also happens to be the GOAT.

T has too many losses and a controversial decision for that claim.

He's 0-1-1 against Wonderboy. However, he did just beat the guy that beat Thompson, so he's the rightful, lineal Champion. That's how I see tonight: he rightfully earned his belt.

If he wins about 15 more consecutive, all against number 1 contenders, then he may have a solid argument.

15 sounds about right as GSP fought 22 top 10 guys vs. T-Woods 7 (Tyron fought more but he lost the other bouts).

At that rate, he would be about 44 or 45 by the time he has done all that.

He's definitely a damn good WW, though.

Anyone else see it this way?

This is in response to the numerous people asking "what would T-wood have to do to be the best WW ever" or "He's already the best ever".

Woodley beat Wonderboy. He's 1-0-1 against him.

GSP%20Jackson.gif

He doesn't need to be "Best Ever"

One of the best ever is just as great an accomplishment... and more realistic!

best =//= greatest. but tough for woodley to be the best, GSP was great everywhere and just dominated his opponents all the time

Time is not on his side, and normally this stuff comes down to popularity. Woodley has no great opponent either. GSP had 2-3.

He's too old to be WW GOAT, but he has a claim to best WW fighter ever strait up. Prime Woodley VS Prime GSP would be amazing. I would have to Favor Woodley, I think he'd win 6/10 or 7/10. His TDD is God tier, and his Power, quickness, and intelligence make him a difficult force to contend with. GSP wouldn't be able to secure a TD, maybe he'd pressure Woodley against the fence to wear him down. Eventually tho GSP would throw his volume jabs and get countered and finished more times than not imo. Very Very few pressure fighters have survived against Woodley. Overall just a nightmare matchup for GSP. I think most agree Hughes would have little to no chance against Woodley, that's a horrific matchup as well.

Last edited:
I like gsp so I won't talk negative about him. Woodley is a great champ who speaks his mind. Most minorities think like woodley which upsets alot of people on this forum lol.

Damn good? Reads like a pat on the head and a participation trophy. Tyrone is legit the #3 WW GOAT on his way to catching Matt Hughes. Next will be George. Hughes has 7 title defenses, St Pierre 9, Woodley is sitting pretty at 3. It's possible

He's too old to be WW GOAT, but he has a claim to best WW fighter ever strait up. Prime Woodley VS Prime GSP would be amazing. I would have to Favor Woodley, I think he'd win 6/10 or 7/10. His TDD is God tier, and his Power, quickness, and intelligence make him a difficult force to contend with. GSP wouldn't be able to secure a TD, maybe he'd pressure Woodley against the fence to wear him down. Eventually tho GSP would throw his volume jabs and get countered and probably finished more times than not imo. Very Very few pressure fighters have survived against Woodley.

It still amazes me how some idiots still consider GSP an underdog against any man who walks this earth at WW. GSP literally beat everyone he faced. Why the hell would Woodley be different? Before EVERY SINGLE GSP FIGHT this forum was crawling with threads ''This is the one!'' I've been here since 2008 and literally every fight you could see those threads... Shields is on another level... Diaz is gonna KO him... Hardy is gonna land that cross... Bisping is gonna maul GSP... Penn is gonna kill him... Yet here we are, GSP beat all of them.

the so called GOAT is "Scared" to fight him and is trying to fight smaller men(Khabib/Conor)-(Ducked Anderson) so id say Tyron is the GOAT WW

It still amazes me how some idiots still consider GSP an underdog against any man who walks this earth at WW. GSP literally beat everyone he faced. Why the hell would Woodley be different? Before EVERY SINGLE GSP FIGHT this forum was crawling with threads ''This is the one!'' I've been here since 2008 and literally every fight you could see those threads... Shields is on another level... Diaz is gonna KO him... Hardy is gonna land that cross... Bisping is gonna maul GSP... Penn is gonna kill him... Yet here we are, GSP beat all of them.

I was a mod at another MMA forum and the amount of posters that were 100% sure that Nick was going to murk Georges....it was about 70 to 80% of all posters.

I think to be GOAT, a fighter has to be as close to perfect as it can get and GSP is just about the only fighter that fits that description.

The Hughes and Serra losses hold little weight, as he brutally avenged both losses, including one of them twice.

The Hendricks fight was controversial. Other than that, he kicked the Hel out of everyone he ever fought, which can be said as an absolute.

I like gsp so I won't talk negative about him. Woodley is a great champ who speaks his mind. Most minorities think like woodley which upsets alot of people on this forum lol.
Odd comment. Its relevant to like 20 other active Woodley threads but not really this one. Somebody's on a mission, lol.

woodley took the number 2 spot from Hughes but the man has absolutely nothing on prime Georges and it's crazy anyone would even pretend otherwise.

GSP has the GOAT record, partly because he retired after the Hendricks win. I think if GSP stuck around we would have already seen him lose a couple fights. None of that takes away from GSP's legacy tho, I just think Woodley is the worst matchup imaginable for him.

the so called GOAT is "Scared" to fight him and is trying to fight smaller men(Khabib/Conor)-(Ducked Anderson) so id say Tyron is the GOAT WW
So you criticize GSP for wanting to move down and fight the best at LW but it's okay that Anderson wanted GSP to move up to MW.....

Back