T-Wood coming for 4 (four) belts.

Yeah, no.
You said he doesn't defend his belt but then went on to list his defenses. Tyron defended his belt 3 times within a year. Name a single champion in recent memory who has done that.

And then took more than a year off.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...champ-tyron-woodley-talks-joining-165-175-185

tyron-woodley-post-ufc-214.jpg

Woodley recently spoke to media to promote UFC 228. In their discussion, “T-Wood” discussed possibly making big history in the future. The rumor of dispelling the welterweight championship arose.

In turn, more divisions such as 165 and 175 pounds would be added. Woodley said he’s willing to win titles at 165, 175 and 185 pounds to make history (quotes via MMA Fighting):

“I heard they were thinking about that. I don’t know which one I would do – I mean, I could make 165, it wouldn’t be very sexy, but I could make it.

“And obviously 175 would be a little easier to make than 170. I make 175 and I could make 185, too. Those are three different weight classes that I could fight in and be extremely competitive in all of them.”

The 36-year-old isn’t interested in cutting down to 170 pounds much longer. The ability to fight at a higher weight class is beginning to sound more appealing:

“I would love to fight in a different division, you know?. I walk around at 200 pounds, only having to drop 15 pounds wouldn’t be a bad look for me at all.”

TyronvsLawler-6.jpg
Woodley keeping the delusion alive about how good he is.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...champ-tyron-woodley-talks-joining-165-175-185

tyron-woodley-post-ufc-214.jpg

Woodley recently spoke to media to promote UFC 228. In their discussion, “T-Wood” discussed possibly making big history in the future. The rumor of dispelling the welterweight championship arose.

In turn, more divisions such as 165 and 175 pounds would be added. Woodley said he’s willing to win titles at 165, 175 and 185 pounds to make history (quotes via MMA Fighting):

“I heard they were thinking about that. I don’t know which one I would do – I mean, I could make 165, it wouldn’t be very sexy, but I could make it.

“And obviously 175 would be a little easier to make than 170. I make 175 and I could make 185, too. Those are three different weight classes that I could fight in and be extremely competitive in all of them.”

The 36-year-old isn’t interested in cutting down to 170 pounds much longer. The ability to fight at a higher weight class is beginning to sound more appealing:

“I would love to fight in a different division, you know?. I walk around at 200 pounds, only having to drop 15 pounds wouldn’t be a bad look for me at all.”

TyronvsLawler-6.jpg
generally when they start talkin´big, it´s the beginning of the end...

Yeah, no.

And then took more than a year off.
Yet because of injury. Also a guy who defended his belt three times in a single year can take a year off if he wishes especially in a division where there wasn't really a real number one contender anyway.

Tyron is one of the best champions in the UFC right now.

Yea, no.

Maybe he should try being dominant in his own division first.

Really? He has a draw and win over Wonderboy and win over Maia. Hardly seems dominant.
It's about how he won. He came in with the best strategy in both fights. They were boring to casuals who don't understand high level MMA.

I can't wait for the 8 weight would-be champ to materialize and show this chump four is for pussies.

Pretty sick of all these multi-belt wannabes in all seriousness. Keep dreaming fellas.

Yet because of injury. Also a guy who defended his belt three times in a single year can take a year off if he wishes especially in a division where there wasn't really a real number one contender anyway.

Tyron is one of the best champions in the UFC right now.

Come on, man.

2014 Three fights
2015 One fight
2016 Two fights
2017 Two fights
2018 One fight

Frequency isn't his strong suit. I'm not saying he doesn't fight enough, but he sure doesn't fight a lot.

I get that he had an injury, no complaints here, but I take exception to fighters "taking off a year" for pretty much any other reason. That's ridiculous.

Love hearing someone say they wanna chase four belts. I always wondered if someone would do that given how hard it must be to even make weight in four different weight classes + No one's even be able to win three belts yet.

Woodley should be doing it at Middleweight, Light Heavyweight, and Heavyweight, though. Fuck a 165 pound division.

You said he doesn't defend his belt but then went on to list his defenses. Tyron defended his belt 3 times within a year. Name a single champion in recent memory who has done that.

It's easy to defend 3 times a year when you don't engage in the fight.

What a shit show mma weight classes are. A 200 lb beast is your 170 lb champ... and he’s defending his belt against a guy who is even bigger than that. Lolwat

Last thing UFC needs is more weight classes. Honestly.
It’s quotes like this from Woodley that should even more strongly pursuade those into seeing the only thing adding more classes will do is dilute the classes even more.

Let’s say he gets two of the belts, now we have two more damn classes being held up by people with belts in more than one.

And say he drops one, now we have another class with no true champ and another interim situation leading to a non lineal belt.

Fuck all that noise.

0% chance UFC gives him a title shot at another weight class unless he moves there and has an undeniable streak against top contenders. If he loses his current title I doubt they give him an easy road back to the title shot.

His only two title defenses were the worst ones I’ve ever seen, so I wouldn’t be too proud of those belts.

And I’m sure the till fight will be a BARN BURNER.....

But hey, he’s almost halfway to what GSP accomplished. WW goat lol

It’s quotes like this from Woodley that should even more strongly pursuade those into seeing the only thing adding more classes will do is dilute the classes even more.

Let’s say he gets two of the belts, now we have two more damn classes being held up by people with belts in more than one.

And say he drops one, now we have another class with no true champ and another interim situation leading to a non lineal belt.

Fuck all that noise.
Or it could be more like 125, 135, 145. DJ wouldn't even face TJ at 125. There's no way TJ, Cruz or Cody could deal with the size difference that Holloway and Ortega presents.

Back