T or F: GSP will win the stand-up against Nick Diaz.

Unless GSP fights like a pussy by not standing still and by throwing a bunch of pu$$y kicks and jabs while using head movement, Diaz wins by flat footed one dimensional volume punching.

I feel I'm going to be watching Bendo-Diaz again, which would be an alright GSP fight.

diaz by jab

I was thinking the same, doesn't Diaz have a reach advantage? Not saying that makes his stand up an auto win, but good usage of the jab should be a focus as always I would think...

To the posters declaring this fight a cakewalk and saying with confidence Diaz has LITERALLY no chance- Lets see your betting slips with the house on it. Or you could stop talking out of your ass, eithers fine.

GSP can definitely pick him apart on the feet, but he will probably just wrestlefuck him.

GSP for sure. Much more power and better technique. Diaz will most likely get dropped and even finished.

If Nick comes in with an improved footwork and more polished striking gameplan, I believe he'll get the better end in the striking department. He has the skils to do so.

If he doesn't, I'm afraid GSPs boxing will beat Diaz' boxing. Remember, footwork is as much a part of boxing as punching.

not sure where you get this - diaz doesn't have better combos then St Pierre - his striking is simply inferior to GSP's - I know Penn fans just can't wait for someone, anyone to take St Pierre out but the above is wishful thinking - were you the guy who actually questioned St Pierre's cardio in this thread? - that actually got me to chuckle

Yeah, bla bla bla. Penn/GSP assumptions which I didn't say, cardio I never mentioned. Your response to Diaz not having better combos is "his striking is simply inferior". lol.

True. Diaz throws a lot of punches but GSP will pick him apart.

i'll admit it is hard to not think about what happened to bendo and nate and compair it to nick vs gsp ,but i think nick will have success at this standup. i think GSP might take more chances in this fight and stand longer than he should against diaz.

GSP will take a similar approach to the Kos fight in terms of stand up. Kick the leg, stay on the outside, dart in and out, and only get in close when going for take down. No mid-range fighting at all. No actual standing with Nick. Just try to pick him apart the whole time. That being said, I don't think GSP will be fast enough and have the cardio (assuming Nick really tries to pressure him the whole fight) to be able to hang with Nick for the full 5. Diaz by 4th or 5th round armbar.

I'm genuinely curious to know why you don't think that GSP has the cardio to go the full 5. After all, isn't that the Shertards' knock against GSP, that he goes the distance?

cyborg is a much better kicker than GSP and those brutal kicks from him didn't phase diaz. daley is also a much more dangerous fighter and although he almost finished diaz, he was ultimately TKO'd himself. beyond, playing tag and running away, GSP has nothing for diaz in terms of striking.

"faze", not "phase"

True GSP is far more diverse in his striking. He mixes up punches and kicks and is great at level changing, covering the distance and footwork. I don't see him winning by KO but I do see him giving Diaz fits and possibly knocking him down.

This.

I can see GSP standing and winning with Diaz

False. There won't be much standup unless Gsp feels Diaz is beaten up or gassed enough that he is no longer a threat on his feet. With Nick's insane cardio and chin, that won't be the case. Gsp will keep him grounded.

Back