T or F: GSP will win the stand-up against Nick Diaz.

You GSP nuthuggers are crazy, I'm a Diaz fan, but I'm not here to say he'll win, just that he can. Also, I have no problem with Condit getting that W, but if it was 3 different judges, you never know. However, you can't just dismiss Diaz cause you don't like him. If Serra caught him standing, Diaz can too. :icon_lol:

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Nick Diaz will be one of GSP's easiest fights to date.

True, because he will first take Diaz down for some GNP to wear him down. Yes I think GSP can actually wear Nick Diaz down.

In a straight up boxing match I believe Nick beats him 3 out of 5 times.

You GSP nuthuggers are crazy, I'm a Diaz fan, but I'm not here to say he'll win, just that he can. Also, I have no problem with Condit getting that W, but if it was 3 different judges, you never know. However, you can't just dismiss Diaz cause you don't like him. If Serra caught him standing, Diaz can too. :icon_lol:

Do you honestly think that Diaz will out strike GSP? I'm looking at it from a logical perspective. GSP has excellent counters and a well rounded striking game, plus the fear of the takedown on his side.

The stand up aspect, let alone the fight, is going to be a lot less competitive than people think. I think we are going to see the best gsp ever. His confidence will be at an all time high. He knows his knee held up well and he knows that he can take a heavy shot. Gsp is going to run through Diaz.

GSP has the advantage everywhere, thanks to his skillset.

I think GSP will outwork and outland him on the feet by a decent margin, however, I think Diaz will get some pretty good shots in and force GSP to wrestlehump him.

True. GSP will be hittin' that nose with his superman punch while he employs a condit-esque strat.

Yep. Just keep kicking that front leg, Georges is also too good to be quickly overwhelmed when it enters boxing range like some of Diaz' opponents have been.

He'll just be pumping his jab and leg kicking and looking for a takedown... He's not really gonna stand with Diaz

He'll just be pumping his jab and leg kicking and looking for a takedown... He's not really gonna stand with Diaz

The age of the Diaz's is over. Everyone knows their limited game now.

Does Diaz have a chance? Of course. If they fight 100 times, GSP will be sick with the flu a couple of those, turn his ankle once or twice, suffer emotional calamity right before the fight etc etc etc. Diaz could win at least 5 out of the 100. Will this be one of those times? I doubt it.

GSP will pump the jab, circle, leg kick, feint, get easy takedowns, and wreck Diaz from the top.

/thread

Back