T or F: GSP will win the stand-up against Nick Diaz.

You would have said such a thing about Nate before the Bendo fight too, Im sure.

And obviously Nate fought with the TD in the corner of his mind, it showed, he got badly outstruck by Bendo.

The same will happen to Nick. If he DOESNT fear the TD at all well he'll leave himself badly open to TD's and GSP will take him down at will so the fight wont be standing long enough to see Nick dominate from there. In a way or the other, he WONT dominate GSP standing.

lol didnt GSP said he was worried about carlos scrambles? and carlos did eat him a live with elbows from the bottom. after one close sub attempt, expect GSP to stop using takedowns.

True to an extent. He will crack him plenty in between TD's..

I think GSP has better standup than Nick Diaz. Way quicker, way more well rounded. uses kicks well, mixes in takedowns, uses angles better. I don't see him laying on the cage and getting battered by Nick like some fighters in the past have.

Pretty much this, right here.

By the way...that's not a lemur in your avatar...it's a tarsier.:)

lol didnt GSP said he was worried about carlos scrambles? and carlos did eat him a live with elbows from the bottom. after one close sub attempt, expect GSP to stop using takedowns.

crack_pipe.jpg

he'll do whatever he can to win. based on nicks fihgting style. i would throw alot of leg kicks and side step out. maybe throw a few quick leg kick and jab combo's then side step out and repeat until there's a takedown. just don't play his game.

False. Diaz will 209 him. Why? Because I WANT to believe it...

I think GSP is a better striker than Diaz. I'm sure that he is more technical than Nick, he just need to be careful because the guy has a strange boxing, but he got heavy hands.

Could go either way, GSP could outstrike Nick with the jab and dart tactic (I in no way mean that negatively). I dont see GSP hurting Diaz or flooring him as some have suggested. I dont think we will see Nick hesitant because of the threat of the takedown. His confidence in all areas of his game and his aggressive style should see to that.

GSP will use a smart strategy. Leg kicks, strong jab, etc. I think he will mix in TDs later on in the fight, towards the end of rounds.

I would love to see GSP "CroCop" Diaz and bust open his face! GSP's stand-up is varied and refined, whereas Diaz loves to sit there and box! As long as GSP doesn't get caught in a back-and-forth punching brawl, he will easily take this fight!

GSP batters Diaz everywhere this goes. In fact I think he will do it largely based on standup. Hard low kicks (no threat of TD), jabs and right hands over the top.

Diaz is only dangerous when you're playing his game. GSP is strong mentally and will not succumb that Nick's tactics. I personally think it will be a fun fight, simply because Diaz will not give up, back down, or be intimidated, I think he gets ruined.

You GSP nuthuggers are crazy, I'm a Diaz fan, but I'm not here to say he'll win, just that he can. Also, I have no problem with Condit getting that W, but if it was 3 different judges, you never know. However, you can't just dismiss Diaz cause you don't like him. If Serra caught him standing, Diaz can too. :icon_lol:

you must be trolling - condit never had a sub attempt that was even remotely close - and elbows/striking from the bottom is a joke - it'll never ko a guy or get him off you or do anything but keep the ref from blessing you with a stand up

I think Georges wins everywhere he wants the fight to take place.

He will dictate when they strike and he will dictate when they grapple and there pretty much isn't going to be anything Nick can do about that.

GSP in and out on his feet while Diaz is fearful of the takedown, Diaz finally loses patience, rushes GSP, GSP wrestles him to the ground and we see more of that great pressure, can-opening, and use of direct angles as we saw against Conduit.

T. GSP will dominate the standup. As well as the ground.

Gsp wins the fight any and everywhere it goes.

Well, no.

He has better combos though, and that does tend to be the decider if both try to take the center. I have a hard time seeing GSP fight like Condit did. He'll probably rather take him down once Nick starts throwing.

not sure where you get this - diaz doesn't have better combos then St Pierre - his striking is simply inferior to GSP's - I know Penn fans just can't wait for someone, anyone to take St Pierre out but the above is wishful thinking - were you the guy who actually questioned St Pierre's cardio in this thread? - that actually got me to chuckle

Back