T or F: GSP will win the stand-up against Nick Diaz.

True. and the people claiming diaz will give no reason other than 2009 homie

True.

GSP has great footwork, a great jab, and good head movement. GSP will not stand in front of Diaz like many before him has done.

Mix in the TDs by GSP and Nick will be wondering what is coming next.

GSP outclasses Nick in every aspect of MMA.

GSP has great movement, and is great at getting in and out with his jab. His kicks are very solid as well.

Specifically his superman punch/leg kick combo would work great on Diaz. The angle he cuts after the landing the kick would leave Nick swinging at air.

cyborg is a much better kicker than GSP and those brutal kicks from him didn't phase diaz. daley is also a much more dangerous fighter and although he almost finished diaz, he was ultimately TKO'd himself. beyond, playing tag and running away, GSP has nothing for diaz in terms of striking.

total fail
Nick wont fight GSP like he fought Daley and Cyborg.

the fear of the TD changes EVERYTHING

GSP will school Diaz everywhere. It will be delightful

Yeah GSP has much superior striking.

I think GSP will keep it standing for the most part. It's not exactly hard to pick Nick apart standing as long as you keep moving.

I think it will look nearly identical to the Bendo/Diaz fight with leg kicks, takedowns and ground and pound.

Nick is an easy fight for anyone that has cardio and doesn't brawl them with.

GSP will tool him standing. In and put jabs, leg kicks, and then he will take him down and just expose him on the ground

did jake shields outstrike GSP a couple of rounds???

Nick by gogo round 3

GSP will outstrike Diaz for brief moments and won't give him the chance to strike back because of his takedowns.

True.

GSP has great footwork, a great jab, and good head movement. GSP will not stand in front of Diaz like many before him has done.

Mix in the TDs by GSP and Nick will be wondering what is coming next.

GSP outclasses Nick in every aspect of MMA.

GSP has a stiff Kyokushin stance with tight shoulders and next to no head movement.

His gained muscle mass has also made him slower, though he compensates for that by coordinated footwork that comes from hours of Octagon time and overall experience. Moves less than before, is more accurate with it. He used to hop around a lot, now it's more precise, but slower.

GSP via jabs and leg kicks.

GSP via a Condit like strategy of picking his shots and getting out of the way. He will also take the fight to the ground when he sets up the opening or Diaz manages to corner him.

And we can't forget that Diaz uses volume boxing with moderate power, which makes GSP a horrible match-up for him.

His gained muscle mass has also made him slower, though he compensates for that by coordinated footwork that comes from hours of Octagon time. Moves less than before, is more accurate with it. He used to hop around a lot, now it's more precise, but slower.

I'd say that it has more to do with pacing himself. When was the last time we saw GSP tired? And that amount of muscle mass requires a lot of cardio.

did jake shields outstrike GSP a couple of rounds???

Nick by gogo round 3

no he didnt, he eyepoked GSP and actually did a lot better than people were expecting, but no he didnt outstrike GSP.

This topic needs a poll, so we could point at the 8% of delusional fans and laugh

:p

I think GSP has better standup than Nick Diaz. Way quicker, way more well rounded. uses kicks well, mixes in takedowns, uses angles better. I don't see him laying on the cage and getting battered by Nick like some fighters in the past have.

I agree with this.

Back