T.J is a hypocrite..

oldschoolmmafan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
After beating Garbrandt, he clearly stated that because of the fashion in which he beat him, he doesn't deserve a rematch. Now he's begging...

win-by-design-not-by-chance-lincoln-murphy-growth-architect-customer-success-strategist-45-638.jpg

Garbrandt didn't deserve a rematch. It was actually really stupid that the UFC gave him one. Thankfully TJ knocked him out again and finished it by putting an unnecessary stamp on the matter.

TJ does actually deserve a rematch at 135 though. Not because it was a bad stoppage. Because it just makes sense. Flyweight is getting shut down and bantamweight doesn't have a legit champ until TJ defends his title against the guy who just demolished him.

I think Cejudo would have got the finish even if the ref let it go on longer. He's probably pushing to get an immediate rematch because he wants to be a double champ but lost the opportunity. Imo Henry should be given the shot to challenge for his belt at 135

Garbrandt didn't deserve a rematch. It was actually really stupid that the UFC gave him one. Thankfully TJ knocked him out again and finished it by putting an unnecessary stamp on the matter.

TJ does actually deserve a rematch at 135 though. Not because it was a bad stoppage. Because it just makes sense. Flyweight is getting shut down and bantamweight doesn't have a legit champ until TJ defends his title against the guy who just demolished him.
I'll just quote this in hopes that the thread is complete after it.

He wants it at 125 though.

Hoping for a Hendo style beating after T.J. is kod again just to make it clear. Got to give the guy what he’s asking for.

TJ only wants the fight at 125 because he wants to be a "Champ Champ"

I think Cejudo would have got the finish even if the ref let it go on longer. He's probably pushing to get an immediate rematch because he wants to be a double champ but lost the opportunity. Imo Henry should be given the shot to challenge for his belt at 135
There's a stat in the books for TJ. 1st fighter to have a chance to be a Champ/Champ and fail.

TJ fought multiple contenders after a split decision loss before he was granted a title shot.

The circumstances are different here since flyweight is getting shutdown and TJ should be aiming to redeem his loss against a guy who destroyed him. He deserves the rematch at 135 not 125.

TJ only wants the fight at 125 because he wants to be a "Champ Champ"

If he had any balls he would have been calling out the FW champ not the FLW champ. Not only is he a coward. But he lost to a guy in a lighter class. That’s epic fail all over the place and there’s no hiding that stink that TJ now wears.

Looks good on him.

If he had any balls he would have been calling out the FW champ not the FLW champ. Not only is he a coward. But he lost to a guy in a lighter class. That’s epic fail all over the place and there’s no hiding that stink that TJ now wears.

Looks good on him.
I would actually rather see T.J move up than move down. A lot of good match ups for him at 145 , he is hell bent on becoming three division champion though and no way he can move up before getting the 125 belt.

TJ will get a rematch eventually, but it should be at 135. And the winner of assuncao vs Marlon get the first crack at TJ.

The quicker the rematch happens the more it favors Cejudo. TJ needs to recuperate after getting dropped and the weight cut.

I'll just quote this in hopes that the thread is complete after it.

Also, I think Garbrandt was given he rematch for the way he beat the UFC 135 GOAT. T.J must have felt he either must become double champ or beat Cruz in a rematch to solidify himself as the greatest 135 fighter and a Cruz rematch seemed unlikely.

Cody was still standing when the fight was called in favor of TJ in the rematch. If TJ is saying his loss "doesn't count", then surely Cody still standing was never finished. Why doesn't he fight Cody a third time to make it fair?

Henry Cejudo already said straight after that they'd do it again at BW, but TJ is the one bitching and saying he wants another shot at the 125 belt in a rematch.

Rematch should be for Dillasnake's 135 belt or he should be told to GTFO. But UFC seems to really be behind him so I could see them giving him what he wants....I noticed when I went to UFC 231 there were all kinds of commercials and endorsements with TJ, I really got the impression that they want to give him a push. Plus we saw how salty Dana was after TJ got rekt last night.

Cejudo is GOAT

Back