T.J. Grant, the Forgotten Title Challenger (UPDATED).

On Sherdog? Say it isn't so. You know we snark first and then *maybe* settle in to reasonable discussion. Its wonderful when it happens - kinda (kinda) like guys respecting each other after they get in a scrap - but mostly its gang warfare in here. You're a great poster. Good luck as a Mod.

Smart post. Gave me a good chuckle. Cheers.

He would have won the title, whooped everyone up until he uppercuts Khabib’s panic wrestling and then rides off in the sunset.
The timeline has been ruined, so many things have happened that weren’t supposed to. Trumps Presidency, which caused them to get the last Andre no chrome supply to make Biden seem sentient still, COVID, Conor’s leg break, Khabib winning the “title” against #13 Al Aiquinta and Anakin losing to Kenobi.

<DontBelieve1>

Remember people were posting the pic of Dana with a stack of cash on a baseball field implying Grant was faking a concussion injury?

Just imagine how badly Grant's grappling partner that gave him that concussion must feel. He really ruined the man's career.

E2PgIW9WYBQYde3.jpg

tumblr_mnf4nm54ey1qfrkf9o1_500.gif
Moar gifs of this Ko. Ty.
More angles.

TJ Grant was a guy where he never excelled at anything but just won fights where you fights.

That was a brutal turn of events, you hear about lots of guys recovering from concussions.

Seems like he never did.

I remember the memes of Dana with the stack of cash everytime questioned his injury.

Is he still working in the mines up here in Canada?

Remember people were posting the pic of Dana with a stack of cash on a baseball field implying Grant was faking a concussion injury?

Just imagine how badly Grant's grappling partner that gave him that concussion must feel. He really ruined the man's career.

I can only imagine. Good point.

Dude had lethal elbows! Crazy that he was scheduled to fight Benson and it never happened, casuals never heard of him but he was an excellent fighter. And a fellow Canadian so it was kind of a big deal at the time.

Fair enough. I guess I was wrong with the title.

I'm just trying to work something different into this sub forum lol.

Haha I don’t intend to speak for everyone because similar to you I don’t think the average mma fan even knows who he is but the guys who have been following the sport for a while like me and you might remember

Wiman has taken some brutal punishment. Ouch.

And went like 20+ fights before Grant, only finished once during the time. Against quality fighters.

Wiman is a guy who deserves a thread like his too imo. Very underrated and under appreciated.

Also the few times he has been finished, they've been pretty memorable.
ConcernedHardtofindIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

9An60Fi.gif

CommonUnnaturalLeveret-size_restricted.gif

ImpassionedPowerlessEyra-size_restricted.gif

And went like 20+ fights before Grant, only finished once during the time. Against quality fighters.

Wiman is a guy who deserves a thread like his too imo. Very underrated and under appreciated.

Also the few times he has been finished, they've been pretty memorable.
ConcernedHardtofindIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

9An60Fi.gif

CommonUnnaturalLeveret-size_restricted.gif

ImpassionedPowerlessEyra-size_restricted.gif

Spencer Fisher deserves some love too.

I used to work for a Canadian company that sponsored TJ Grant. We were psyched, then it all went south for him. Left a big hole and then he went and worked in one! Wish him nothing but the best.

Never understood the hype behind him.. I felt Benson would’ve UD him in Milwaukee

Your concern with asking the same question every other week for 10 years? A question which has been answered every other week.

He retired due to excessive concussions. He works a day job. We all know.

Hyperbole.

But okay.

Never understood the hype behind him.. I felt Benson would’ve UD him in Milwaukee

Winning fights decisively and in a row usually garners attention?

I remember this situation very well since Gray was one of my favorite fighters and I thought he would be able to beat Benson. Little did I know he was about to run into a beast in TJ. It’s a shame we never got to see TJ again.

Back