T.J Dilly's a freak athlete.

PurpleDrank

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Mans been striking for 4 years. Barao since he was a teen. What a freak. Who else in the UFC has been striking for this long and has gotten as good as he has?

Just watched the fight for the first time right now cos I live in the UK and went to bed cos I thought I wouldn't miss much.

Holy shit. Beautiful, captivating to watch. McGregor is not the master of human movement any more!

Just watched the fight for the first time right now cos I live in the UK and went to bed cos I thought I wouldn't miss much.

Holy shit. Beautiful, captivating to watch. McGregor is not the master of human movement any more!

Ya, I'm watching it right now. He looks amazing in there.

yeah true hes a very good athelete. and barao isnt as good as he is made out to be aswell in my opinion

I don't remember anyone calling Barao an athlete. The top fighters aren't always athletes.

yeah true hes a very good athelete. and barao isnt as good as he is made out to be aswell in my opinion

Because he lost to Dillashaw who's a beast? Are you forgetting the rest of his fights? This mentality is just retarded

Mans been striking for 4 years. Barao since he was a teen. What a freak. Who else in the UFC has been striking for this long and has gotten as good as he has?

I was very impressed by T.J. and wasn't expecting much from this fight but now I know who T.J. is... T.J. is a good person too. I remember on that TUF show, two people sort of played on him and I thought it sucked because TJ just seem like a good kid. Now, he has the belt and those two losers aren't don't much. Can't remember their names.

Because he lost to Dillashaw who's a beast? Are you forgetting the rest of his fights? This mentality is just retarded

He was only great at kicks. Dillashaw negated then with footwork and displayed good boxing skills shutting game down completely. The hybrid MMA boxing game is king. It's been proven time and time again. Props to Ludwig and his luck on receiving such incredible specimens.

I don't think its because he's just so much more athletic, I think he just has better technique. Some guys just get stuck in their ways and don't evolve and for a fighter like Barao, who had not lost in nearly a decade and had steamrolled through top fighters to get and hold the belt, I imagine its even easier to get complacent. TJ was hungry and seemed like he was always trying to improve himself and like he was really interested in learning the finer details of striking where as Barao just fined tuned a few weapons and relied on those.

All of a sudden....

Nick just posted a shot with him saying he looks soft in comparison.

10358229_1387613408144485_180867648_n.jpg

He's just technical. I'm willing to bet Dodson is the better athlete yet he didn't improve as much as Tj... So far

Dilly's got some great cardio. Guy didn't really lose a step the whole match.

He was only great at kicks. Dillashaw negated then with footwork and displayed good boxing skills shutting game down completely. The hybrid MMA boxing game is king. It's been proven time and time again. Props to Ludwig and his luck on receiving such incredible specimens.

The fuck are you talking about? Dilliashaw used kicks just as much as punches. How does that prove hybrid MMA boxing is king?

He's just technical. I'm willing to bet Dodson is the better athlete yet he didn't improve as much as Tj... So far

Can't do it, eh? Can't come out and say that a White guy is a great athlete? It's unnatural, I get it. White guys are technical, and the really good White fighters are really really technical. lol

"Freak athlete" is a bit much though, I'll give you that.

i dunno. when i think of a, "freak athlete", i think of someone who is absolutely ripped, and is strong and fast without much effort put in.

dillashaw just seems like a really hard worker. he doesn't seem like a special athlete at all. he just had a great gameplan, with lots of dedication.

i dunno. when i think of a, "freak athlete", i think of someone who is absolutely ripped, and is strong and fast without much effort put in.

dillashaw just seems like a really hard worker. he doesn't seem like a special athlete at all. he just had a great gameplan, with lots of dedication.

Coordinating his footwork, strikes, and head movement together the way he did is a testament to his work ethic and his athletic ability. He's a hard worker yes, but I think you'd have agree that you have to be athletically gifted to put on a display like that against one of the best.

He isn't a freak athlete though, at least not by my definition. When I think of a freak athlete, I think of Alexander Karelin, Usain Bolt, LeBron. Guys like that.

Back