T.J. Dillashaw

Nothing that Urijah couldn't do better, and we saw how that turned out.

Comes in with a good gameplan-good footwork, use the striking to score points, don't stay stationary,stay in boxing range or outside kicking range, don't get involved in flurries, look for td's towards the end of rounds(be mindful of barao getting wrist control and or him sliding his legs up his back)
Dillashaw-can win a u or sd pretty easy actually-if he limits the grappling to just spamming td's and top control judges'll givem the points for effective grappling and octagon control(hell if he whiffs on a few of them he'll get points for aggression) to win the striking portion he's just gotta make it a boxing match and not a mt bout(hands are about equal,what puts barao ahead is the kicks and knees)

He's only gotta win 3 outta 5rds..........its not as cut and dry as everyone thinks

..........................nice brisk jog around the octagon for 4 rounds and hope Barao trips and or tires out. :icon_lol: j/k He has a chance if he fights smart in the beginning. If he can prolong the fight doubt can seep in.

If TJ were a little more seasoned I'd be more interested in this fight. Couple more fights against top 10 guys... He's just not on Barao's level right now.

Not a faber fan BY ANY STRETCH, but everyone seems to forget he had like 3wks to prepare( dillashaw is coming in with a full camp/good coaching/assuming injury free)....personally love the way wineland fights(but he leaves A LOT of openings standing,and lacks the wrestling to dictate the fight)

Barao is awesome, but a lot of sherdog is sleeping on dillashaw

Quicker it ends better for barao
Longer it goes I'm thinking tj

I think people don't remember that Barao has a 100% takedown defense in the UFC, and 96% in his entire career (i think it's write like that.)

KO

or

He needs to come in and use his footwork. He needs to get in and get out- that WILL frustrate Barao. He needs to use his Alpha Male conditioning more than anything, keep it moving and keep him guessing.

He needs to either get a KO or turn it into a frustrating stand-up fight.

I have a feeling Barao will gas later on, TJ needs to stick to that game plan until the championship rounds, then he can really open up after Renan gasses.

I think people don't remember that Barao has a 100% takedown defense in the UFC, and 96% in his entire career (i think it's write like that.)

I understand. I still think that Dillashaw has the striking and footwork to cause Barao fits.

I understand. I still think that Dillashaw has the striking and footwork to cause Barao fits.

yeah, i know, i don't like to do a prediction, since the fight can be anything (Gus vs Bones), but in this fight i think Barao will try a little to stop the desire of a brawl.

yeah, i know, i don't like to do a prediction, since the fight can be anything (Gus vs Bones), but in this fight i think Barao will try a little to stop the desire of a brawl.

A brawl would actually favor barao, so why would he stop that desire?

imo I can see TJ using his footwork and angles to outpoint Barao on the feet.

I don't see tj finishing barao AT ALL, don't understand were all the "he can ko him" comments are coming from

I can't see T.J upsetting Barao at all to be honest. Anything can happen though I guess...Since the Anderson loss to Weidman, I feel like I've truly understood the wise words of Anderson Silva: "fight is fight".

cea9lHq.jpg

Constantly using his footwork to create openings, attack at one angle and exit at another . Never stand directly in front of barao. I can see tj frustrating Barao a lot.

We have a winner! Bump for shaming of the "Barao via whatever he wants" posts :icon_chee

Back