T.J. Dillashaw says no rematch for Renan Barao: "I messed him up"

Rematches should only be given in championship fights if they go to decision and it ends in controversy.
TJ dominated means no rematch.
Barao needs to win vs a top guy maybe even two before he gets another shot at the belt.

I cant believe ppl anyones really talking about this. At this point the only ppl who deserve instant rematches if they lose are Aldo and Jones.

Great... No defenses and he's already being picky with fights. I was pretty happy when he won but seriously.

On a separate note I would disagree with an immediate rematch.

If u disagree too then why say "no defenses and i think he's picky."
I say shut up woman just shut up.
TJ outclassed the mighty Barao. Let's c if Regan can return the same

Renan was a champ, who was on a 30 win streak. In my opinion this should be considered.

Im tired of these god damn rematches. Barao defended the belt only 3 times!! That aint shit!!

Tj made him look like rookie. Wasnt even close.

TJ Dillashaw got the title shot off of beating Mike Easton...
He already beat the rest of the top 5 except Raphael Assuncao,
who will most likely fight TJ for the title. TJ can defend his title against lesser opponents than Barao, lol. Kind of like Cain fighting other guys than JDS. But that being said Barao should fight at least once before the rematch.

Keep shitting on Barao. I'm confident Barao will take back the belt.

TJ Dillashaw got the title shot off of beating Mike Easton...
He already beat the rest of the top 5 except Raphael Assuncao,
who will most likely fight TJ for the title. TJ can defend his title against lesser opponents than Barao, lol. Kind of like Cain fighting other guys than JDS. But that being said Barao should fight at least once before the rematch.

I kinda agree with you.

Based on what Renan was able to accomplish and his impressive streak he deserves the rematch. Based on the actual fight he doesn't deserve it. If he gets it the rematch or he doesn't it doesn't bother me one way or the other because both sides have arguments for and against.

At this point the only ppl who deserve instant rematches if they lose are Aldo and Jones.

????? Please explain. How is Barao not in the same category as Jones and Aldo?

Have people started posting pictures of ducks yet?

Based on what Renan was able to accomplish and his impressive streak he deserves the rematch. Based on the actual fight he doesn't deserve it. If he gets it the rematch or he doesn't it doesn't bother me one way or the other because both sides have arguments for and against.

A case can be made. GSP and Barao both got knocked down. While GSP got finished , Barao survived. The rest of the fight was Barao in zombie mode. If you look at it, GSP-Serra and Bara-TJ ain't that much different.

Maybe not an instant rematch but as soon as he gets a,top ten win or a win against Cruz he's next in line IMO

champions should not have a say on who they fight. they're supposed to take on all comers. that's the entire point of being champion. you're supposed to be able to defeat everyone at your weightclass.

????? Please explain. How is Barao not in the same category as Jones and Aldo?

I'm not saying hes not as skilled but as a champion he only had 3 successful defenses. IMO you need to dominate as champ for some time before you can just get an instant rematch.

I'm not saying hes not as skilled but as a champion he only had 3 successful defenses. IMO you need to dominate as champ for some time before you can just get an instant rematch.

OK, makes sense

Shut up pussy. Tj needs to fight the best contender for the belt. Period. Some could argue TJ never deserved the chance to begin with, but Barao stepped up to defend the belt and probably too fast from his last camps and fight. No else at 135 is better than Barao. Barao cleaned out that division before Dillishaw. Dillishaw needs to stop being a bitch and show some honour. What a lame bitch champ he's already coming off as.

lol at making excuses for Barao. Did you watch the fight he got wrecked barely competitive.

I honestly agree. If Barao comes back and wipes out his next opponent then maybe we could say that he had an off night.

Having a streak like his, he could have (and probably did) completely underestimate Dillashaw. That does not mean Dillashaw didn't whoop him for 5 rounds and has his number.

When they rematch (if they do, never know in MMA), and Dillashaw does the same thing again, then we know he is Barao's kryptonite and probably would realize what Cruz would've done to him pre-knee injury.

Immediate title rematches should only be for fluke knockouts or really close fights. Their fight was neither.

Back