T.J. Dillashaw says no rematch for Renan Barao: "I messed him up"

His point is valid since it was a dominant win, but he should just fight the guy that the UFC names the contender.

He wrecked Barao with a combination of a first-round crack to the dome and some excellent footwork. Wouldn't count Barao out in a rematch though... that guy has way too many tools to win the fight

With all respect to TJ, and he's got a point, but champs should not decide who they fight.

And he isn't making that decision. He's just making his opinion heard. Which is the only right opinion.

100% agree...Barao needs to work back up after that perfomance...

Yes I agree, he handed Barao an asswhooping and he doesn't deserve a rematch straight away.

Shut up pussy. Tj needs to fight the best contender for the belt. Period. Some could argue TJ never deserved the chance to begin with, but Barao stepped up to defend the belt and probably too fast from his last camps and fight. No else at 135 is better than Barao. Barao cleaned out that division before Dillishaw. Dillishaw needs to stop being a bitch and show some honour. What a lame bitch champ he's already coming off as.

I 100% agree. Renan should not get an immediate rematch.

Great... No defenses and he's already being picky with fights. I was pretty happy when he won but seriously.

On a separate note I would disagree with an immediate rematch.

Most contradictory post I've seen in a while.

Shut up pussy. Tj needs to fight the best contender for the belt. Period. Some could argue TJ never deserved the chance to begin with, but Barao stepped up to defend the belt and probably too fast from his last camps and fight. No else at 135 is better than Barao. Barao cleaned out that division before Dillishaw. Dillishaw needs to stop being a bitch and show some honour. What a lame bitch champ he's already coming off as.

TJ should be fighting Assuncao then umber one contender and a guy who recently beat TJ ina controversial division. TJ only got the titleshot because Assuncao was injured so of course that is the fight that should be next.

I 100% agree with TJ. He put a beating on Barao like no other. I would pay good money to see Cruz vs TJ and Barao vs Asunscao

With all respect to TJ, and he's got a point, but champs should not decide who they fight.

yep. added to the fact he's barely been champ for two weeks, its not as if he's had the belt for years. he should be careful of how he comes across.

Agree, no more instant rematches. That sh** is getting old and mucking up divisions. The only reason anyone would want an instant rematch in this case is because they are die-hard Barao fans. There is no logical reason for it.

Getting your ass kicked doesn't entitle someone to a title fight.

Adding a "... but the UFC ultimately decides - this is just my opinion. I'll fight anyone they put in front of me." would be good in the future.

TJ is right. I'm glad he didn't finish Barao in the first round and proved everyone he won convincingly.

Lost a little respect for TJ for refusing a rematch with a guy that lost one time in 10 years...

Still a fan though. Cant turn on a guy that won me 2k for something like this. haha

yep. added to the fact he's barely been champ for two weeks, its not as if he's had the belt for years. he should be careful of how he comes across.

Be careful how you come across or enjoy being the UFC champ... difficult choice.

If I was UFC champ I'd never leave the house. Do I wear a cardigan or a sweatshirt? No fuck itI'm gonna wear dungarees I'm the UFC champ!!!! (inner voice) no calm down, ground yourself dude. Can you imagine how you'd come across wearing that shit???

I'd fuckin hate to be TJ Dillashaw right now.

I 100% agree with TJ. He put a beating on Barao like no other. I would pay good money to see Cruz vs TJ and Barao vs Asunscao

cuz your a fool who thinks Cruz will just came back after 3 years off and be exactly the same as before with no warmup fights prior. midaswell pay me good $ to announce TJ as winner instead of having them actually fight.

IMO the only reason there should be an immediate rematch is if there is some form of controversy such as a bad stoppage, freak injury, or dumb judges. There was. I controversy here though, Barao straight up go wrecked.

Back