T.J. Dillashaw: I truly believe Dominick Cruz going to try and retire before he fights me again.

TJ is Cruz's toughest competition at 135. I though the squeaked out the decision in their first fight, and I think he could do the same in a rematch. If anyone strips Cruz of the belt, it's going to be Dillasnake.

Last edited:
It's annoying from a competitive standpoint, for sure. But TJ Dillashaw draws worse than a video of me playing ping pong.
Does Cruz draw? Does Cody?

Cody is a sloppy brawler, Dillashaw is aggressive and fan pleasing while still being very technical. I don't get the hate other than people are sheep, especially shertards.

I'm sure cruz is shivering with fear, despite the fact that he whooped dillasnake's ass for the majority of the fight, coming off a nasty injury and huge layoff. Other than some legkicks late in the fight, dj had minimal success. Can't imagine a rematch being any closer. Domin8or would just whoop that ass again, more decisively this time.
Did we watch the same fight, or do you have a completely different definition of "whoop ass" than the rest of us?

All the best moments of the fight belonged to Dillashaw. Cruz "evaded" by evading the pocket altogether, and the takedowns he landed were absolute bunk, that led to absolutely nothing and Dillashaw was back on his feet in seconds. This is just a meme at this point that Cruz is amazing at "evading," it's not like he's using exceptional head movement in the pocket.

Cruz won after a layoff with a rushed camp. Dillashaw was never the champ. He was a contender with a fake belt who came up short against the actual champ. Get back in line and try again.

“It doesn’t make sense but there’s definitely some politics behind it. I’m just not the kind of guy that’s going to go out of my way to be a (expletive) head and that’s what the UFC wants. They want these drama queens, They want guys that are going to act like they’re on “Days of Our Lives” and create a bunch of drama and turn this into a bunch of bull (expletive) rather than an actual sport.

“If you act like a professional and you do your job and act the way you should be, then you’re not going to get hyped up.”
It's sad that the UFC has turned in to this, but unfortunately that's what sells with the casuals. It's the reason why the Kardashians and other train-wrecks are so successful, the general public as a whole is very dumb.

I don't quite understand why people enjoy this type of garbage, but it sells and I can't argue against it. As a business your goal is to make money, and if this is what the people want then that is what they will do.

Cruz won after a layoff with a rushed camp. Dillashaw was never the champ. He was a contender with a fake belt who came up short against the actual champ. Get back in line and try again.
Under what criteria did Cruz win other than it's a feel good story? Dillashaw was the aggressor the whole fight, Dillashaw landed more, Dillashaw landed much harder strikes. Do flash takedowns that do no damage, do nothing at all, really count for so much?

This really counts for so much?
yxoVOv.gif

uPY6qw.gif

Most of the time he was "evading" and landing something, Dillashaw was landing something harder.

Dillashaw also had him in the most trouble late in the fight. Can't find gifs of those moments however.

Cruz's "evading"
QuarterlyUnrulyFlicker.gif

Dillashaw's (head movement and countering in the pocket)
SkeletalHandsomeIndigobunting.gif

Now Dillashaw gets shat on for not "being a draw," when Dillashaw is the one that made that a fucking fight. If Cruz had fought a clone of himself that night we would have been watching Dancing with the Stars.

If only he could learn to use his lead leg and set up his kicks with punches. Seeing him wing kicks all night long like a karate kid movie was embarassing.

And exposit just how he was more effective, please. Dying to hear it from your genius mind.

"Durr, he's a master of 'EVASION' hurr"

Landing more strikes, having better defense and getting takedowns. He was more effective in 3 of the rounds.

He did all that after a layoff, when he rushed his return and took the fight at an earlier date than he wanted to. He beat Dillashaw at far less than his best. Sorry if that hurts your feelings bud.

TJ totally deserves it. As a big Cruz fan, I really want to see the rematch.

However, I can understand the UFC's decision. If they made a rematch, and by some means TJ picked up the win, then obviously Dom would deserve a rematch there as well... It would have tied up the division for some time.

Faber - Cruz was easy to promote, and now there's some hype behind Cody because he picked up some KOs and casuals love that, and of course- easy to promote as well.

I think if TJ picks up an impressive victory, in his upcoming fight, he will surely get the next shot. Focus TJ. FOCUS on what's ahead of you.

Landing more strikes, having better defense and getting takedowns. He was more effective in 3 of the rounds.

He did all that after a layoff, when he rushed his return and took the fight at an earlier date than he wanted to. He beat Dillashaw at far less than his best. Sorry if that hurts your feelings bud.
He landed 3 more strikes total in the whole fight. Dillashaw landed by far the more significant strikes.

HOW did he have better defense? By evading the pocket altogether? Dillashaw actually had better defense because he fought in the pocket and utilized head movement and covered his chin, looking to counter, in the pocket. Literally jumping out of the cage and running away would be the best defense I guess. I'm not saying they should be rock'em sock'em robots but there's nothing comparatively impressive about Cruz's "defense" and "evasion" when he avoided the pocket like the Wicked Witch of the West avoided water.

You didn't hurt my feelings. You're just an idiot, and I doubt you even watched the fight. Lemming.

He landed 3 more strikes total in the whole fight. Dillashaw landed by far the more significant strikes.

HOW did he have better defense? By evading the pocket altogether? Dillashaw actually had better defense because he fought in the pocket and utilized head movement and covered his chin, looking to counter, in the pocket. Literally jumping out of the cage and running away would be the best defense I guess. I'm not saying they should be rock'em sock'em robots but there's nothing comparatively impressive about Cruz's "defense" and "evasion" when he avoided the pocket like the Wicked Witch of the West avoided water.

You didn't hurt my feelings. You're just an idiot, and I doubt you even watched the fight. Lemming.

Dillashaw literally landed less significant strikes. He lost 3 of the rounds. You aren't the one who decides what's significant.

There is no part of the judging criteria that says trying to engage someone in the pocket is preferable. Cruz was better at range, so that's where he kept it. He was able to do so because he was more effective in implementing his strategy than Dillashaw was. Even when he found himself in more prolonged exchanges, his defense was better.

If one of them wanted to stay in the pocket and one of them wanted to stay at a distance, you tell me who controlled the fight.

Dillashaw literally landed less significant strikes. He lost 3 of the rounds. You aren't the one who decides what's significant.

There is no part of the judging criteria that says trying to engage someone in the pocket is preferable. Cruz was better at range, so that's where he kept it. He was able to do so because he was more effective in implementing his strategy than Dillashaw was. Even when he found himself in more prolonged exchanges, his defense was better.

If one of them wanted to stay in the pocket and one of them wanted to stay at a distance, you tell me who controlled the fight.
That's right, it's a barely trained chimp that decides what's "significant"
asdf.gif

Excellent point. Kalib Starnes expertly executed his gameplan of not fighting against Nate Quarry who wanted to fight, therefore he should have won the match based on that criteria.
mfE5pW.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back