T.J. Dillashaw: I truly believe Dominick Cruz going to try and retire before he fights me again.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KazDibiase, Dec 23, 2016.

1. KazDibiase

KazDibiase "My style is kneeing people in the face."

“Really it’s all just kind of bull (expletive) It makes no sense at all how they give the No. 8 guy, who skips over seven guys to get a title shot. It’s kind of whatever the UFC wants to do and they’re letting Dominick Cruz hand select his fights right now.

They’ve built this up ever since Cody’s fight (with Thomas Almeida), they watched them talk crap about each other since May and built this whole thing up. They’re letting him pick the guys he wants to fight.”

“It’s both but I know for sure Cruz doesn’t want to fight me. I know it 100-percent, Everything that I possibly did to hype up the fight to try and get it, he just wouldn’t acknowledge it, he wouldn’t talk to reporters about a rematch between me and him and he did everything possible not to even mention my name.

“That’s just an obvious sign that he doesn’t want to fight me. He knows I won that fight and he knows I’m going to be able to figure him out even better the second time and he’s going to do whatever he can to avoid me.”

“I truly believe he’s going to try and retire before he fights me again. That’s just my bet,” Dillashaw said. “It’s going to be ridiculous if that ends up happening. I don’t know what’s behind it for the UFC with Dominick Cruz cause it’s not like he’s an entertaining fighter. He’s good but he’s not one of those guys everyone’s waiting in line to watch. So I don’t understand that.

“When you look at my fights and my title defenses and the knockouts I’ve had and the exciting fights it doesn’t make sense they’re going to want someone like him other than Dominick Cruz is in the media and he’s on FOX all the time and maybe that helps out their brand. I have no idea.”

“It doesn’t make sense but there’s definitely some politics behind it. I’m just not the kind of guy that’s going to go out of my way to be a (expletive) head and that’s what the UFC wants. They want these drama queens, They want guys that are going to act like they’re on “Days of Our Lives” and create a bunch of drama and turn this into a bunch of bull (expletive) rather than an actual sport.

“If you act like a professional and you do your job and act the way you should be, then you’re not going to get hyped up.”

“Dominick Cruz is going to keep selecting guys out of the top 10 while I keep fighting No. 1 contenders, I beat Raphael Assuncao, the No. 2 ranked fighter in the weight class while I’m ranked No. 1 and now I’m fighting John Lineker, the No. 2 ranked fighter in the weight class and I’m ranked No. 1.

“You tell me who’s the one acting like the champion, fighting the toughest guys, while Cruz will hand select top 10 guys.”

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...dominick-cruz-will-retire-rather-fight-122316

Who you guys got for the rematch?

mon, Dilaanf_, Koutalianos and 3 others like this.
  2. G0DSPEED

G0DSPEED Banned Banned

Stfu Slithershaw.

Ken Fresno, ben-MMA, taugrim and 23 others like this.
  3. $uicideboy$

$uicideboy$ ROPE GANG Banned

hes right. not only was the fight a razor close split decision, tj actually outlanded dom. tj then fought the #3 contender and beat him ez. lol at people who are upset aldo didnt get a rematch (even tho he was offered 1) but they arent upset TJ didnt get 1

SherdogGoat, mon, Davem10 and 10 others like this.
  4. Sauce Castillo

Sauce Castillo Raise Hell and Eat Cornbread yee yee

TJ beat Cruz the first time and he'll beat Cruz again in the rematch.

Can't wait to see him touch Lineker up.

5. Nerdslayer

Nerdslayer Truthsayer

It's annoying from a competitive standpoint, for sure. But TJ Dillashaw draws worse than a video of me playing ping pong.

6. Übermacht

Übermacht ἅπαξ λεγόμενον

7. Lorenzo F.

Lorenzo F. Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

He's right, TJ would absolutely school Cody.

The Great Macsby and Alanf7 like this.
  8. B-Man

B-Man Black Belt

TJ seems kinda delusional. Just focus on beating Lineker and he'll get his shot.

9. Lorenzo F.

Lorenzo F. Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Codys ratings are horrible too.

mirellale likes this.
  10. HaikenEdge

HaikenEdge Rationality will win the day.

11. skullmaskkid

skullmaskkid Banned Banned

so is Dom Cruz's

Alanf7 likes this.
  12. Dbreiden83080

Dbreiden83080 Danger Zone

Because you just beat him up so badly..

13. JAGDPANZER209

JAGDPANZER209 STONED TO THE BONE

Touch Lineker to a decision. Hope Lineker lands 2 good bombs and ends that fight/

MMACroatia, KootenayKid and Kirin like this.
  14. Kirin

Kirin Death Operator Platinum Member

I'm sure cruz is shivering with fear, despite the fact that he whooped dillasnake's ass for the majority of the fight, coming off a nasty injury and huge layoff. Other than some legkicks late in the fight, dj had minimal success. Can't imagine a rematch being any closer. Domin8or would just whoop that ass again, more decisively this time.

15. revoltub

revoltub Lord Paramount of the Reach Belt

im taking lineker

Vegesus44 likes this.
  16. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne 3 Piece and a Soda Belt

TJ is delusional

Vegesus44, Z28MARO and B-Man like this.
  17. Workaholic

Workaholic Silver Belt

They had an awesome first fight hopefully we get the opportunity to see them have an awesome second fight. Or TJ vs Grabrandt would be awesome too. Or Lineker Grabrandt for the Just Bleed love and guaranteed KO

Just please not Cruz/Lineker that little Christmas elf Lineker would never hit Cruz in the entire 25 minutes they give him and it would be the most boring fight of the year

CK Daimen and AceCooch like this.
  18. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

I don't want TJ or Aldo to get an immediate title shot. I think it should be two fights minimum after fighting for the title regardless of who you beat and what rank they are. Don't want title fights to just be constant rematches.

19. Turkleton

Turkleton Purple Belt

20. CrimsonFan

CrimsonFan Gold Belt

I agree with him. I think he will beat Cruz, if they fight again.