T/F: Charles Oliveira is the GOAT MMA Submission Artist?

The answer is clearly Overeem, he can make people tap and feel it by telekinesis.

I'll probably get some shit for this, but might as well throw Ronda Rousey's name out there. She was a high-level judo competitor whose game, unlike most modern judo players, was to tap you, despite the limited amount of time given in sport judo to tap your opponent. She makes her debut against a highly respected and experienced BJJ black belt in Ediane Gomes (most commonly seen beating a man in a gym smoker in Brazil) who had only lost to Amanda Nunes at the time, and 5 or her 6 wins were by submission. Ronda tapped her in only 25 seconds. Rousey also tapped high level opponents like Miesha Tate (twice), Cat Zingano, Sarah Kaufman and Liz Carmouche, 9 of her 12 wins were by submission and ALL were with her signature move, the armbar. All of her opponents knew what was coming and they still couldn't stop it. Yes, she was a pioneer and WMMA ain't the same game, especially back then, but it was still impressive. I know it looks bad in retrospect because of all the hype, but still worth mentioning, IMHO. I thought the way she tapped Cat was a work of art. Arguably the best submission in the history of the UFC, along with Mir subbing Nog or Hazelett tapping Burkman.
>women
>high level opponents
Lmao

Antonio-Rodrigo-Nogueira-mma-677897_367_475.jpg

5c4bf137a196555153e097f134106296.jpg

They have the same amount of fights, but Oliveira has five more submission wins.

I agree that Maia is the better overall grappler, but it seems Oliveira has the advantage when it comes to offensive grappling stats.

Disagree, the best sub wins he has are past prime Clay Guida and Jim Miller.

Doesn't really compare with Mir breaking Nogs arm, breaking Sylvia's arm, subbing Brock etc

Or Werdum subbing Cain, Fedor and Nog.

Let me know when Do Bronx subs a real contender.

Butterbean.
Dude has several sub wins. Thats impressive. He managed to go to the mat and get up.

It's Shinya Aoki to me. No doubt.

Palharres has nasty sub wins over Jake Shields and Jon Fitch. Surprised nobody has mentioned him yet

If we're talkin about criminally underrated sub artists, i wanna throw Rani Yahya's name into the ring.

Doesn't really compare with Mir breaking Nogs arm, breaking Sylvia's arm, subbing Brock etc

Forget about Mir or Werdum vs Big Nog in UFC, was shot.

I'll probably get some shit for this, but might as well throw Ronda Rousey's name out there. She was a high-level judo competitor whose game, unlike most modern judo players, was to tap you, despite the limited amount of time given in sport judo to tap your opponent. She makes her debut against a highly respected and experienced BJJ black belt in Ediane Gomes (most commonly seen beating a man in a gym smoker in Brazil) who had only lost to Amanda Nunes at the time, and 5 or her 6 wins were by submission. Ronda tapped her in only 25 seconds. Rousey also tapped high level opponents like Miesha Tate (twice), Cat Zingano, Sarah Kaufman and Liz Carmouche, 9 of her 12 wins were by submission and ALL were with her signature move, the armbar. All of her opponents knew what was coming and they still couldn't stop it. Yes, she was a pioneer and WMMA ain't the same game, especially back then, but it was still impressive. I know it looks bad in retrospect because of all the hype, but still worth mentioning, IMHO. I thought the way she tapped Cat was a work of art. Arguably the best submission in the history of the UFC, along with Mir subbing Nog or Hazelett tapping Burkman.
People here shit on RR way too much

Was just comparing Oliveira to Maia :).

He's subbed some good guys with name value.

<BC1>

People here shit on RR way too much

Agree.

Back