Syria?? What about Libya? ?

Bloodworth

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's been a long time since Gaddafi was lynched and his government overtaken.

Syria Is big in the news because assad is still in power.

But the people of Libya have been suffering worse.

Clinton on video tape said we came , he saw, and he died, and cracks up laughing, Implying she was responsible for orchestrating the lynching .

Can anyone defend her leaving the Libyan people in a chaotic warm zone after taking out their leader?

Nope. We don't learn.

Hillary lost, get over it.

Yup, I think some people forget that both of these mass beach beheadings were in Libya, not Iraq and Syria:

21 Egyptian Coptic Christians:

28 Ethiopian Christians on beach, dozens lined up and shot elsewhere same day:

All in Libya.

But they were "just Christians" not Yazidi or minority Muslim sect. So Hillary couldn't bother to mention their persecution by ISIS. Nope, it's all about the Muslims.

Every country the US and Britain have touched have turned into hell holes. Spreading democracy in the ME does not work as we do not understand the ideologies over there. It's to complicated for the West to understand.

It's frightening foreign policy hasn't changed and we're still meddling in affairs we know nothing about.

No wonder the West is hated in the ME when the places are turned into war zones and shit holes. US/Britain have blood on their hands and anybody with half a brain knows this.

Every country the US and Britain have touched have turned into hell holes. Spreading democracy in the ME does not work as we do not understand the ideologies over there. It's to complicated for the West to understand.

It's frightening foreign policy hasn't changed and we're still meddling in affairs we know nothing about.

No wonder the West is hated in the ME when the places are turned into war zones and shit holes. US/Britain have blood on their hands and anybody with half a brain knows this.

no matter what the west does, those people are going to continue killing each other. you are right, in that their ideologies are not compatible with ours

i dont believe for a second that politicians think we can improve that area, i think they realized that it is a great opportunity to sell guns and a great opportunity for our military to get practice. we sell guns to anyone who rebels against anyone in power, then once they take control, we arm rebels against them. we also run a few training missions and test our military technology against other rebels, though we will never call it that. its an endless cycle

however, i believe that if we stepped out, there would be north korea-esque dictators who slaughter their civilians and would end up warring with each other, so it would still be bloody as hell

It's been a long time since Gaddafi was lynched and his government overtaken.

Syria Is big in the news because assad is still in power.

But the people of Libya have been suffering worse.

Clinton on video tape said we came , he saw, and he died, and cracks up laughing, Implying she was responsible for orchestrating the lynching .

Can anyone defend her leaving the Libyan people in a chaotic warm zone after taking out their leader?

There is plenty of news about Libya if you know how to actually follow the news.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-libya-security-sirte-idUSKBN13V15R

I don't think Libyans have been suffering worse, though their situation could eb a lot ebtter of course. The thing is Qaddafi never had a huge army, he was even said to have hired mercenaries during the uprisings.

As far as I know the situation in Libya right now is heavily fractured with many local militias providing security in their localities while forming shifting alliances with other militias. Right now the country is divided between two main sources of allegiance; the General National Council backed by a coalition of former anti-Qaddafi militias(some of whom are Islamist) and based in Tripoli to the west against the internationally recognized House of Representatives backed by the Libyan National Army and based in Tobruk to the east. As far as I know its basically a stalemate between these two sides with lower level jockeying going on between smaller actors on the local level.

These two parts of the country, Tripolitania in the west and Cyrenaica to the east, have historically been the two major poles of the countries politics. Under the monarch installed by the colonialist Libya's center of gravity was to the east while under Qaddafi it was to the west. So IMO I say there should be a federalized system that institutionalizes a certain level of autonomy for each distinct region.

A key detail here is the distribution of oil resources. Its mostly based in Cyrenaica so an equal split between the oil revenue would seem unfair to that region, and to be fair it was neglected under Qadafi, while uneven spending could aggrieve Tripolitania, which is used to getting a disproportionate share of the oil revenues.

Germany Japan SKorea say hi.

Let just be real, anything muslim anyone touches is a shit hole before during and after.

however, i believe that if we stepped out, there would be north korea-esque dictators who slaughter their civilians and would end up warring with each other, so it would still be bloody as hell
Not sure about that. A lot of the durable dictators are resistant to change because they have international support. Where this support has held the dictators have remained in power as is the case in Syria. Where it was lost, as in Egypt, the dictator fell.

I think its more likely you'd see more instability and civil wars as some of the contradictions and issues resulting from the colonial borders and the shifting balance of power regionally and domestically works itself out.

Let just be real, anything muslim anyone touches is a shit hole before during and after.

the US is extremely good at
-fighting wars
-rebuilding countries whos ideals are compatible with ours

the US is bad at
-forcing democracy or western civilization on countries who dont want it

Ha ha ha ha that's such a you reply. Are you a computer? 100110010010011100011000101000

In main stream news what is reported more, Syria or Libya?

All news is reported, but not everything makes the top of the list. Leading stories are generated by user interest.

If there is a topic that interests you like Libya, why don't you try searching for it? Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Believe it or not, the world doesn't disappear when you turn around.

the US is extremely good at
-fighting wars
-rebuilding countries whos ideals are compatible with ours

the US is bad at
-forcing democracy or western civilization on countries who dont want it

Id say they are bad at as would anyone be at pushing democracy and western civ on mentally retarded religious trash.

So you think main media news is based off interest?
All news is reported, lol. You are a computer.

Id say they are bad at as would anyone be at pushing democracy and western civ on mentally retarded religious trash.
Nah, the US just sucks at it. Both Bush and Obama intervened in a Middle Eastern country without planning for the fall of the dictator(Iraq for Bush and Libya for Obama).

Any reasonable person ask themselves "hey since we're removing a long standing dictator shouldn't we plan for what happens after we get rid of him?" but apparently both administrations overlooked that part.

And speaking of dictators who fell, in Tunisia it did not lead to civil war but actually a somewhat successful democratic transition. Unsurprisingly no one gives a shit about that country so it was luckily left alone to manage its own affairs and what do you know things didn't turn out so badly for them.

Also Australia, Canada and New Zealand are all lands "conquered" and then colonised by the British and all boast some of the highest standards of living in the world.

Really "the only places that are nice are thanks to the Brits and Americans".

Libya is winding down now, they just pushed ISIS out of their last stronghold in the country and only 8000 people have been killed by the war since 2011. By comparison over 300 thousand have been killed in Syria and the war is just now reaching the tipping point.

Nah, the US just sucks at it. Both Bush and Obama intervened in a Middle Eastern country without planning for the fall of the dictator(Iraq for Bush and Libya for Obama).

Any reasonable person ask themselves "hey since we're removing a long standing dictator shouldn't we plan for what happens after we get rid of him?" but apparently both administrations overlooked that part.

And speaking of dictators who fell, in Tunisia it did not lead to civil war but actually a somewhat successful democratic transition. Unsurprisingly no one gives a shit about that country so it was luckily left alone to manage its own affairs and what do you know things didn't turn out so badly for them.

It almost seems like if you want to avoid being owned or destroyed by the by the nato axis. You better pray and reside in a country nobody cares for that has little to no resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back