International Syria Conflict: Bombs away boys. (Israel openly admits to bombing Iranian bases in Syria)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why you're bothered here. If you're confident that you're being fair to their views, you should be happy that I'll soon look like a bit of an asshole here. That's not the vibe you're giving off though.

Would u like to wager?

Ban?

Neph was there for the Cake meltdown and he is no Republican

Would u like to wager?

Ban?
My account is far more valuable than yours, and this is way more important an argument to you than it is me. Throw in a few thousand bucks on your end and we'll talk terms.

My account is far more valuable than yours, and this is way more important an argument to you than it is me. Throw in a few thousand bucks on your end and we'll talk terms.

Lol. Gotcha
You are right, u live on this site. Maybe a record. Would suck to lose it and u would

I hadn't noticed that. Are you representing their views honestly?

@Rational Poster @Cake4Breakfast @Trotsky

I think we've got our dick stuck in the middle east for various reasons, most probably good, and if we try to pull it out now it isn't coming back with us.

Completely removing ourselves for the world stage not only makes no strategic sense it's not very responsible either.

I think we've got our dick stuck in the middle east for various reasons, most probably good, and if we try to pull it out now it isn't coming back with us.
Do you prefer that we declare war on Syria, all things considered?

Do you prefer that we declare war on Syria, all things considered?

I don't think Syria exists like it used to and we owe it to the Syrian people to help shape their future.

The idea that removing American influence from the equation is going to result in a more positive outcome is ridiculous.

I don't think Syria exists like it used to and we owe it to the Syrian people to help shape their future.

The idea that removing American influence from the equation is going to result in a more positive outcome is ridiculous.
That sounds a little hedge-y. Because you could defend the status quo + a punitive airstrike (essentially the same response as last year), according to those views. Or you could defend the removal of Assad and the destruction of his military, with the same views (which I would consider being pro-war).

Completely removing ourselves for the world stage not only makes no strategic sense it's not very responsible either.

I respect your position. I think you're coming at it believing you are helping.

Respect to u for standing by your beliefs even if I disagree

All Trump has to do to get reelected, is say "War is hell. There are no winners, particularly in this conflict. We will not do ourselves, and very likely the Syrian people, any good, by spending money bringing more destruction of any kind to that region. This administration is putting America first, as promised. We will not be escalating the war in Syria with our involvement."

All Trump has to do to get reelected, is say "War is hell. There are no winners, particularly in this conflict. We will not do ourselves, and very likely the Syrian people, any good, by spending money bringing more destruction of any kind to that region. This administration is putting America first, as promised. We will not be escalating the war in Syria with our involvement."

Sounds like something you'd see in a movie.

Sadly, the media won't go along with that

This is going to lose him a lot of voters. He’s just a puppet for his lobbies.

I dont know who any of them are but the first chance I get I'm voting against everyone that is in this administration. It dont make a difference because the next guy is just gonna keep plans rolling, but fuck em

That sounds a little hedge-y. Because you could defend the status quo + a punitive airstrike (essentially the same response as last year), according to those views. Or you could defend the removal of Assad and the destruction of his military, with the same views (which I would consider being pro-war).

Congress blew our chance for total regime change in Syria. We had the perfect opportunity to do this a bit cleaner before Russia was majorly involved.

Putin would have stamped his feet at the UN, but Assad would be dead and we would have been somewhere else. Putin has thrown his lot in with Assad and we're not going to go total war over this. It just isn't worth it.

I think the best we can hope for is some kind of two or three state solution between the "free Syrians", Assad loyalists, and the Kurds. Things aren't just going to go back to normal if we stop supplying the rebels with arms and providing air cover to the Kurds.

The Kurdish situation is another reason we can't just abandon this problem. Through our entire Middle Eastern excursion they have been the one group we can truly depend on to fight for our interests and it would be incredibly cruel to abandon them now. Turkish and Syrian forces would love to use this opportunity to massacre them.

I dont know who any of them are but the first chance I get I'm voting against everyone that is in this administration. It dont make a difference because the next guy is just gonna keep plans rolling, but fuck em
You can only vote for/against Trump from the administration. Those are all appointments rather than elected positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back