SYR contest for Free batch #7 Gi

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by BigCP84**, Sep 17, 2010.

1. BigCP84**

BigCP84** There are no absolutes!

I just got the link to this on my FB and thought I would pass it on here.

Shoyoroll WIN A FREE SYR BATCH #7 GI. OLD GI DONATION CONTEST!!!

IMO unless you have a bunch of old Fuji Gi's it isnt worth it, YES it is for a good cause but I am not gonna give away Korals, SYR, Vulkan, Keiko Raca, etc just for chance to win 1 SYR Gi. Besides No-Gi is the future of BJJ, so just think how good those kids will be... :icon_chee

2. Jesus X

Jesus X Gold Belt

no gi is not the future, you have to develop fundamentals in a gi, the worlds best nogi guys train in GI's jacare,marcelo,roger, and a lot fo MMA guys like maia,marquart,GSP,penn,and even franky edgar who is a wrestler

3. BigCP84**

I dunno about that, the top guys in grapplers quest like Roberto Cyborg and Rolles Gracie train strictly No-Gi, most guys in MMA train very little in Gi because they dont have all those grips and subs in an MMA fight.

One thing I would like to see is BJJ become an Olympic event like Judo and TKD, wrestling was an original so I wasn't going to mention it. Then the Gi would never disappear. I myself train strictly Gi, but I have noticed most of the younger Gracies mentioning that they prefer no-gi.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  4. The Killer_EIRE

The Killer_EIRE White Belt

Surely Cyborg and Rolles dont train only Nogi? Any proof? Sure Cyborg won the Honolulu open Gi recently.

5. BigCP84**

if I remember correctly they were talking about it in this vid, I just remember hearing them talking about it in a grapplers quest video.

[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcPrnMkIuIY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcPrnMkIuIY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

6. VatoMalo.com

VatoMalo.com White Belt

Man you are missing the point. Its not about what you might win its about those that are less fortunate than you. If you read the article that started the contest you would understand. They arent asking for your top of the line Atama or Koral they are asking for anything. Your old beat up first timer gi or one you shrunk too much that sits in your closet.These kids in Brazil have nothing but the desire to learn. And you are gonna come with the argument they should just train no-gi they are better off. Really. How many gi's you got? I am sure you can afford to buy anyone you want. These kids live in poverty, and you are trying to mask your selfishness with a judgement of what they need or dont need. Try to think about what you can give back sometime instead of what you can get out of it.