Syndrome Linked To Smoking Weed Spikes In States With Legalized Marijuana

I guess the pro-marijuana crowd really isn't interested in learning what this substance actually does so long as they can keep their "it's perfectly healthy and natural!" bragging rights... Otherwise, this rush into defense mode likely wouldn't happen. Frankly, I'd just like to use it knowing what it can do to me.

In fairness, if you're a regular user, you already know what it can do to you.

Where I disagree with the pot crowd, is their stance that it isn't addictive, nor does it have any negative health effects. It is, and it does. It's just all relatively insignificant, given what's already out there.

yeah, the people I know have a detached view of life
I think thats one of the risks of creativity that marijuana provides.

If you use in a destructive state (avoiding things) it can lead to doubt and insecurity which ultimately leads to nihilism or questioning what the point of everything is.

it temporarily destroys ordered thinking, which can come at the cost of what you believe in if you are not careful.

Your avatar and posting quality match you so well. Spot on.

joff-03.gif

You've got dubs. Not just a Yellow. DUBS.

Who the fuck are you to judge "posting quality"? Dumb ass.

Pro-marijuana crowd: "It's healthy, natural, and has no negative side effects!"

*turns out it does have at least one negative side effect and, as many of us have said, it would be nice to make it legal so we can know what we're getting into after it becomes easier to research marijuana's effects*

Pro-marijuana crowd: "BUT IT'S NOT AS BAD AS ALCOHOL! OR CIGARETTES! THEY'RE WORSE! WORSE WORSE WORSE!"

I guess the pro-marijuana crowd really isn't interested in learning what this substance actually does so long as they can keep their "it's perfectly healthy and natural!" bragging rights... Frankly, I'd just like to use it knowing what it can do to me.

As a smoker and "pro-marijuana" advocate. Id like to know more about it myself. That way I can make a reasonable/informed judgement about my use and if I should quit or not. I dont like buying it from whoever knows where. Id rather it be controlled and grown through a reputable farm that follows laws/guidelines and gives information about their product.

In my experience, Indica strains(bought in legal States) help the best with my anxiety and insomnia, while some Sativa strains can worsen it. The only way Id know what Im getting is through regulation.

Keep in mind the article said the kid abused the drug for 10 years. and he got a stomach ache.

I think the real downside of marijuana is it can be used as an emotional crutch, and because it has no real physical damage and can be abused for such a long time you can end up realizing you have been walking through reality at a much slower pace than you should.
There is academic medical studies around CHS. It is more severe than a mild tummy ache.
It's cyclical vomiting for days on end, and for some reason they all report hot showers being one of the only forms of relief. The bloke I know who gets it can induce the syndrome within two weeks of relapse. Cessation of marijuana use resolves the issue.

It is indubitably a side effect of the chronic marijuana use in those who experience it, however it is not a side effect in the sense that all people who use marijuana will get it (ie a symptom of marijuana intoxication) nor is it a guaranteed experience of chronic users.

This is new even in the field of addictions. And it is rare. It's one of those things that people who spoke say "that's bull shit" because they not any of their other using friends have ever had it. However what's an average users social group of other heavy users, N = 20 maybe? Less even. I don't have the rates of occurrence for CHS at hand, but I'd bet that they are one in thousands of not less.

Exactly. It ruins not just the user's, but all of the family's lives. It's really horrific when you look at what the war on drugs has done to us over the years.

I was recently arrested for possession. I had a lawyer and everything but Judge was still a douche. Gave me one yr unsupervised probation. He also said if i get arrested again for possession i would be in serious trouble.

WTF? i only had like less than an 8th.

In fairness, if you're a regular user, you already know what it can do to you.

Where I disagree with the pot crowd, is their stance that it isn't addictive, nor does it have any negative health effects. It is, and it does. It's just all relatively insignificant, given what's already out there.
Yes, many users are just blindly accepting the hippie version of its properties, and ignoring the rest. I think mainly because many of them do not get the side effects that DARE tried to tell us about for so long. It makes people think since they do not get those symptoms, they just simply don't exist.

As far as the healthy argument goes, no kind of smoke is harmless when inhaled into the lungs. Many many marijuana users also combine tobacco with their pot.
I personally oppose smoking for medical use. Any positive benefits could be isolated and ingested in other ways, like oils or capsules.
I do support further study.

Yes, many users are just blindly accepting the hippie version of its properties, and ignoring the rest. I think mainly because many of them do not get the side effects that DARE tried to tell us about for so long. It makes people think since they do not get those symptoms, they just simply don't exist.

I also think it's simply because it's "illegal", and most are just rebellious. It really shouldn't be illegal anywhere, but the fact that it is, causes people to get a bit more defensive about the drug, than they would be otherwise

Legalize it, and then we can all have a calm debate on an even playing field. Shit, you say one mildly negative thing about weed, and it's users are calling you Hitler. It's ridiculous.

As far as the healthy argument goes, no kind of smoke is harmless when inhaled into the lungs. Many many marijuana users also combine tobacco with their pot.

*raises hand*

It's just not the same without some tobacco mix. In any form. Without tobacco, I cough my brains out. It also gives you a nice head rush, if you're a bong smoker.

...I'm a bong smoker.

*raises hand*

It's just not the same without some tobacco mix. In any form. Without tobacco, I cough my brains out. It also gives you a nice head rush, if you're a bong smoker.

...I'm a bong smoker.
Oh I agree. I ran into a couple of folks who would smoke straight pot in a bowl in my time and I always thought it tasted worse and irritated the throat far more.
It also helps to burn a joint more evenly when mixed. When I was a smoker it was always mixed.
Poppers are also very popular now, which uses plugs cut straight from the cigarette.
My buddy who is chronic, and all of his smoker friends use poppers rather than bowls. He doesn't smoke cigarettes themselves yet he goes through a pack in a few days or so. I'm sure his lungs are in shit condition.

I guess the pro-marijuana crowd really isn't interested in learning what this substance actually does so long as they can keep their "it's perfectly healthy and natural!" bragging rights... Otherwise, this rush into defense mode likely wouldn't happen. Frankly, I'd just like to use it knowing what it can do to me.
The pro marijuana crowd can be obnoxious about what weed does and doesn't do, but to be fair weed being a schedule 1 drug has made it incredibly difficult to study. Getting access to and being able to study schedule 1 drugs is very difficult so that has really hindered proper studies from being done.

Back