Sylvester Stallone Says Conor McGregor Deserves UFC Ownership

You're a child (or brainless) and have no concept of how economics and capitalism works.

Actually I majored in economics and found that capitalism isn't a very fair model for workers, that's why I support in principle the idea of workers acquiring ownership of companies. That's why worker co-ops are performing exceptionally well worldwide, because workers are way more motivated and productive when they have a stake in the business. The reality of the situation is that the UFC have made way more money off of Conor McGregor than they have paid him and if he has the money to actually buy in a stake like other celebrities have done, there's no reason not to let him buy in other than the fact that the UFC are scared to set this precedent. UFC pay out less than 20 percent of revenue to fighters while comparable sports leagues pay around 50 percent, and here you are arguing against giving a fighter a well deserved slice of the pie. You sound like a typical corporate suck up devoid of any critical thought.

Uh yes he does. Conor has earned an enormous amount of revenue for the company, the most out of their whole history of athletes, so he definitely has a more legitimate claim to ownership than Stallone or any Hollywood studio, who haven't done shit for MMA outside of of buying a percentage and talking about it on camera. If Conor is willing to buy in his stake, how can you legitimately argue he has no more claim than random celebrities? Conor is so polarising it makes his fans and haters devoid of reason.
Yes and he got paid handsomely for his efforts too, so he is no more entitled than anyone else. But youre right in saying that if Conor coughs up the coin if the opportunity arose,...then sure

The UFC was fine long before Conor. If the UFC owes anyone it's people like Ken Shamrock, Tito, Randy and Chuck who help keep them afloat when they were close to going under.

giphy.gif

Actually I majored in economics and found that capitalism isn't a very fair model for workers, that's why I support in principle the idea of workers acquiring ownership of companies. That's why worker co-ops are performing exceptionally well worldwide, because workers are way more motivated and productive when they have a stake in the business. The reality of the situation is that the UFC have made way more money off of Conor McGregor than they have paid him and if he has the money to actually buy in a stake like other celebrities have done, there's no reason not to let him buy in other than the fact that the UFC are scared to set this precedent. UFC pay out less than 20 percent of revenue to fighters while comparable sports leagues pay around 50 percent, and here you are arguing against giving a fighter a well deserved slice of the pie. You sound like a typical corporate suck up devoid of any critical thought.

Spout to me some idiotic ideal of communism. Oh, right. It never works because it only operates at the behest of the government and their shady elite. You're a fucking dipshit.

If that's the case give every popular fighter since Tito a share of the UFC. Mcg hasn't done anything different than Andy Silva, Lesnar, Chuck, Jones and GSP. It's that he knows he has leverage thanks to his drawing that he ask that and if he gets it, the UFC would be a wreck in securing a fight with him. Just the negotiations with Cowboy shows he's not fighting outside a main event with a title shot against khabib and we all know how that will end if they fight again.

Back