Sylvester Stallone Says Conor McGregor Deserves UFC Ownership

Sylvester Stallone retells scenes from Rocky movies like they actually happened to him....

Wow. A person said a thing.

Does Jordon deserves ownership of the NBA?
I am in no way comparing that irish drunkard to the legend

Didn't Stallone stiff Joe Frazier after he both took Frazier's practice of punching meat for his movie? Or having Frazier actually appear in the first movie?

He's one to talk.

I always thought he and Joe were on good terms. I remember him saying in an interview that he'd sparred with Joe, years back, and realized how poor his boxing truly is compared to any real fighter.

Stallone should buy some shares and give them to Conor if he's that amped about it...

Yeah, I doubt they overpaid for the UFC so they could give a percentage to a fighter who hasn't won a fight in years and could retire at any time and is constantly doing stupid shit that reflects badly on him and the organization.

Yup. If they're giving some to Conor, then make sure you give some to Ortiz, Couture and Liddell, and probably many others that i'm not mentioning.

Conor doesn't deserve anything any more than anyone else. Someone was the highest paid fighter before Conor, and someone will be the higest paid fighter after Conor is gone.

He's done great numbers, but they won't hold forever. He doesn't deserve anything, he isn't owed anything. He's simply the most popular fighter at the moment, which always changes in the future.
So that's a no?

he is wrong though

I always thought he and Joe were on good terms. I remember him saying in an interview that he'd sparred with Joe, years back, and realized how poor his boxing truly is compared to any real fighter.

Might be true, I just know the above as fact. And it's personal, but it always bugs me how the fight community/popular media treats Rocky as the HW champ of Philly, as opposed to Smokin' Joe, who is an all-time great and actually from Philly.

But have we gotten word from Ja Rule yet?
giphy.gif

UFC is ducking Conor like Rocky tried to duck Mr. T....

Yup. If they're giving some to Conor, then make sure you give some to Ortiz, Couture and Liddell, and probably many others that i'm not mentioning.

Conor doesn't deserve anything any more than anyone else. Someone was the highest paid fighter before Conor, and someone will be the higest paid fighter after Conor is gone.

He's done great numbers, but they won't hold forever. He doesn't deserve anything, he isn't owed anything. He's simply the most popular fighter at the moment, which always changes in the future.

Keep hating, jealous kid.

Might be true, I just know the above as fact. And it's personal, but it always bugs me how the fight community/popular media treats Rocky as the HW champ of Philly, as opposed to Smokin' Joe, who is an all-time great and actually from Philly.

They put up a statue of Rocky. A STATUE!!! Never fails to make me laugh.

Coming from the guy that stole his schtick from chuck wepner.. tell us sly how much did u pay the real rocky to steal his life story?

He definitely hasn't earned any ownership stake in the UFC any more than Stallone has, any Hollywood studio.

Uh yes he does. Conor has earned an enormous amount of revenue for the company, the most out of their whole history of athletes, so he definitely has a more legitimate claim to ownership than Stallone or any Hollywood studio, who haven't done shit for MMA outside of of buying a percentage and talking about it on camera. If Conor is willing to buy in his stake, how can you legitimately argue he has no more claim than random celebrities? Conor is so polarising it makes his fans and haters devoid of reason.

Uh yes he does. Conor has earned an enormous amount of revenue for the company, the most out of their whole history of athletes, so he definitely has a more legitimate claim to ownership than Stallone or any Hollywood studio, who haven't done shit for MMA outside of of buying a percentage and talking about it on camera. If Conor is willing to buy in his stake, how can you legitimately argue he has no more claim than random celebrities? Conor is so polarising it makes his fans and haters devoid of reason.

You're a child (or brainless) and have no concept of how economics and capitalism works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back