8 - Great
7 - Good
6 - Alright
5 - Average
4 - Poor

Last edited:
Movie 1: The Lord's of Flatbush

HS902457_poster_1920_1080.jpg

Synopsis: Two members of a social club in 1950s Brooklyn have more interest in romance than in rumbles.

My Rating: 5.5/10

At best, it's alright, nothing special. I did enjoy watching Stallone and Fonzi but that's pretty much all the film is. The film begins at a high school where we are introduced to the gang/club called The Lord's. The classroom scene in the opener was fun to watch. The classic old school pranks and immature behavior took me back to a much simpler and better time.

Stallone's character Stanley, and Chico are the 2 members who are more focused on getting laid/finding romance in school which takes them both down separate and different paths. Henry Winkler isn't the main focus of the film but he makes his presence known when he is on screen.

Without spoiling anything, my favourite scene is easily Stallone making a $1600 purchase. The back and forth banter and his sly (hehehe) remarks was comical and entertaining. I also thought the remark made by his girlfriend to put him in check was hilarious.

don't make me go tell your friends you cry after every time you cum

It's not a good film but it's still a decent watch to see Sly before he makes it big.

Last edited:
Movie 1: The Lord's of Flatbush

HS902457_poster_1920_1080.jpg

Synopsis: Two members of a social club in 1950s Brooklyn have more interest in romance than in rumbles.

My Rating: 5.5/10

At best, it's alright, nothing special. I did enjoy watching Stallone and Fonzi but that's pretty much all the film is. The film begins at a high school where we are introduced to the gang/club called The Lord's. The classroom scene in the opener was fun to watch. The classic old school pranks and immature behavior took me back to a much simpler and better time.

Stallone's character Stanley, and Chico are the 2 members who are more focused on getting laid/finding romance in school which takes them both down separate and different paths. Henry Winkler isn't the main focus of the film but he makes his presence known when he is on screen.

Without spoiling anything, my favourite scene is easily Stallone making a $1600 purchase. The back and forth banter and his sly (hehehe) remarks was comical and entertaining.

It's not a good film but it's still a decent watch to see Sly before he makes it big.
I liked it. As you say, not exactly a good movie but watchable.

haven't seen the movie, but based on the promo pic, I'm assuming they did a lot of snapping before the fights started.

Lol nah it's not that bad. Stallone's character is the tough bad ass of the crew. They play games like "hit for hit" where I punch you in the arm and then you punch me until someone quits. The fighting wasn't good but they weren't wusses or anything lol

Movie 2: Death Race 2000

mIKixibiKnUqTmxJ3IdSK8HoPmK.jpg

Synopsis: In a dystopian future, a cross country automobile race requires contestants to run down innocent pedestrians to gain points that are tallied based on each kill's brutality.

My Rating: 6/10

The first half of the film was a lot of fun, I thought this film was going to easily be a 7/10 or maybe even a little higher. However the 2nd half of the film was really bad. The action/fighting was atrocious, the acting overall was terrible.
Personally I thought the best performance was the Junior Bruce, the news reporter.

David Carradine was really dry as Frankenstein, Sly was the 2nd best performance but that's not really saying much. I did enjoy the scene where he punches the girl just for disagreeing with him, it made me laugh pretty hard.

There's a good amount of nudity and some good kills in it, and I thought the story itself was original and great, but the 2nd half of the film was a letdown for me.
There's a lot of goofs/mistakes in the film, and I thought the fight scene between Machine Gun Joe and Frankenstein was laughable. I wasn't a fan of the ending either. I don't think it was a bad movie, it has some good moments in it, but it's decent at best. If the 2nd half was better or if it ended better, this film could easily been a 7/10. I also couldn't take Carradine seriously as him dressed up as a gimp. If anything it made me appreciate Lord's of Flatbush a little more.

Close but no cigar.

Last edited:
I saw it a long time ago as a kid. wasn't really impressed with it. I just couldn't buy David Carradine beating Rocky...in anything, be it a fight or a race.

the title was appealing to me, but yea, 4/10

I saw it a long time ago as a kid. wasn't really impressed with it. I just couldn't buy David Carradine beating Rocky...in anything, be it a fight or a race.

the title was appealing to me, but yea, 4/10

Yeah I disliked that scene a lot. The movie has some decent/good moments but on my first and most likely only watch I thought it was decent at best. Apparently there's an uncut version but I'm not really interested in watching it again.

Yeah I disliked that scene a lot. The movie has some decent/good moments but on my first and most likely only watch I thought it was decent at best. Apparently there's an uncut version but I'm not really interested in watching it again.

I remember watching this shortly around the same time as Rollerball with James Caan. similar concept, but I recall enjoying that movie a lot better

I thought death race was a jason stathom movie but i guess im just confused

Movie 3: Cobra

cobra-1.2web.jpg

Synopsis: A tough-on-crime street cop must protect the only surviving witness to a strange murderous cult with far-reaching plans.

My Rating: 7/10

Ok I could be slightly overrating this one but this was my first time watching it and it was a lot of fun compared to the first 2 Stallone movies I watched. The story itself is ok, but Sly's character is excellent, I think it's one of his best characters. He has a few great lines, my favourite being, 'you're the disease, and I'm the cure'

The action was pretty good, and the overall cast was good as well. The only weak cast member was Brigitte Nielsen. Attractive, yes but a terrible actress.
Brian Thompson was great as the villain. He had the insanity look down very well. Art Lafleur was great as usual as Capt Spears.

I wasn't a fan of when the 'New World's attacks Ingrid they made an easy kill so difficult. The movie relied on silly mistakes by the group like the axe getting caught in the pipes or just pure bad luck of missing her. I also thought it was weird in the beginning how the gunman just creates a scene to tell police they're going to kill off the weak ect it was a weird way to send a message but a good way to introduce us to Stallone's character.

Overall I liked it, short and sweet 80s action movie that I would watch again.

Back