Swollen Uvula..

That209

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Anybody ever had this before?

I just woke up with it. I could feel something in the back of my mouth/throat and I thought it was.. well.. snot, same feeling to me.. then I try to clear my throat and spit it out, you know what I mean..

Then I noticed that it hurt real bad, and I tried swallowing and it hurt even more. So I look in the mirror and see that the little round thing in the back of my mouth or whatever was very swollen. I can just be sitting here and then it goes forward onto the back of my tongue.

The question really is - is this serious news? has anybody else had this? let me know, please. I want to know if this is something really bad, THANKFULLY I just got a doctor's appointment, usually that's not easy..

Anybody who haven't had this.. you're lucky!!

Let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

:icon_sad:

But seriously, don't worry TS - you've got all your life to live, you've got all your love to give and you'll survive. You. Will. Survive.

At least you don't have a swollen vulva I hear that is very unpleasant.

Why, Sherdog? why u do dis to me? :icon_sad:

Clicked on this thread not knowing what a Uvula is. Not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved.

Were you drinking last night?

Were you drinking last night?

Nope, I don't drink at all. I was smoking, but I smoked a few cigarettes, that's it. Maybe it's catching up to me, been 5 years already. :(

This is bullshit.

Nope, I don't drink at all. I was smoking, but I smoked a few cigarettes, that's it. Maybe it's catching up to me, been 5 years already. :(

This is bullshit.

I had my uvula removed a few months ago. I got sick and it elongated into my throat. It was annoying, but not harmful. When I got well, it didn't go back to normal length, and it remained annoying.

In the off chance that it would swell, it could have become a choking hazard, so I had it cut out.

^^ wtf?? holy shit. do you notice any difference without?

strangely related to your av

^^ wtf?? holy shit. do you notice any difference without?

strangely related to your av

For the first month, I couldn't drink water without leaning forward and taking tiny sips.

Now? The only difference is that I can't feel that piece of shit dangling in my throat.

I had my uvula removed a few months ago. I got sick and it elongated into my throat. It was annoying, but not harmful. When I got well, it didn't go back to normal length, and it remained annoying.

In the off chance that it would swell, it could have become a choking hazard, so I had it cut out.

Mine is basically touching my tongue, every time I swallow it really hurts, I'm sure you know the feeling. It's like it keeps moving back and forth as well, so damn annoying.

I woke up and this shit is there.. I thought it may be something serious but after researching, the most serious thing is that you can possibly choke from it by blocking your air way if it gets that swollen, thankfully it isn't for me.

I'm seeing the doctor in about 2 hours for it, I bet they won't even do anything to help, they'll just tell me to go home and eat ice cream or some shit like that. Shit, I was supposed to eat some steak today, but you know.. that's ruined. -_-

Mine is basically touching my tongue, every time I swallow it really hurts, I'm sure you know the feeling. It's like it keeps moving back and forth as well, so damn annoying.

I woke up and this shit is there.. I thought it may be something serious but after researching, the most serious thing is that you can possibly choke from it by blocking your air way if it gets that swollen, thankfully it isn't for me.

I'm seeing the doctor in about 2 hours for it, I bet they won't even do anything to help, they'll just tell me to go home and eat ice cream or some shit like that. Shit, I was supposed to eat some steak today, but you know.. that's ruined. -_-

Are you going to an ENT?

Depending on the amount of discomfort, I would genuinely recommend getting it removed.

Eating icecream all day isn't terrible you know...

Happens when I get sick sometimes. It sucks, every time you swallow you're trying to swallow your own throat basically.
Spit a lot.
Eat ice cream.
Get well.

Are you going to an ENT?

Depending on the amount of discomfort, I would genuinely recommend getting it removed.

Walk-in clinic and I told them what was going on, so I'm guessing it is.. I don't even know, man.

Eating icecream all day isn't terrible you know...

I already ate a very large bowl of ice cream.

I've had this happen to me before. Fucking annoying when you keep thinking it's snot and trying to spit it out but it won't budge.

seems like strep, everything back there gets swollen. either way some steroids and you should be golden.

Back