swimming

Just be aware that swimming builds a different type of muscle than impact cardio (like running) does. In swimming you are building long smooth muscles that are good at continuous effort over a range. In running, the muscles are much bunchier and are more explosive. Obviously, HIIT type running will produce the most explosive muscle fibers (relative to swimming or long distance running).

This was readily noticable to me in my calves when switching sports from swimming to soccer as a child. That said, swimming will also provide more of an overall muscle endurance workout in addition to the cardio than running does. Swimming hard makes me tired in a way that running never can.

Jubacat said:
I would love to be able to swim.

But I am a person who is unable to float.

(No joke. I sink like a rock)

i didn't know how to swim and i sunk like a rock until i enrolled in a class 3 months ago.

i can now proudly call myself a swimmer. as i'm building my endurance, i can't wait to do my first triathlon.

WAREAGLE said:
Didn't CW say something about swimming not being good for fat-loss, I think it had something to do with their not being enoug heat?...IDK?
Waterbury is a fucking tool.

mahalo said:
i didn't know how to swim and i sunk like a rock until i enrolled in a class 3 months ago.

i can now proudly call myself a swimmer. as i'm building my endurance, i can't wait to do my first triathlon.

I have tried that route too...

much straight down. Blow air out your nose as you kick along with your face pointing down. When you need air, turn your

Back