Swimming in a swimming pool filled with liquor

BTW, they did it in Trailer Park Boys to hide their bootlegging business (lol).

I've dipped my balls in liquor with no negative effects to the balls, and it even enhanced the liquor.

I think that it would kill you within minutes.

I remember someone asked this exact same question a couple weeks back (can't remember if it was on Reddit or here). Not a surprising question since that Kendrick track has become so big. Some doctor came and answered the question. Basically what happens is you'd die. The fumes (that contain alcohol obviously) would kill you almost instantly. Plus the buoyancy is completely different than in water so you'd sink too. So don't go and jump into a pool full of liquor regardless of what Kendrick Lamar tells you.

I'm not buying this shit!!

Forget about buoyancy...we're not talking about backstroking the English channel here.

And let's forget about even dunking your head underwater - I think that would sting the fuck out of your eyes and nobody would do this.

But let's picture a hot tub filled with room temperature 80 proof vodka. Do you guys really think submerging your body up to your chest for, say, 4 minutes, is going to kill you? How?

Depending on the concentration of the alcohol, you'd have severely dry skin and irritation after.

Im not sure if alcohol would actually absorb through the skin but its a possibility

Forget about buoyancy...we're not talking about backstroking the English channel here.

And let's forget about even dunking your head underwater - I think that would sting the fuck out of your eyes and nobody would do this.

But let's picture a hot tub filled with room temperature 80 proof vodka. Do you guys really think submerging your body up to your chest for, say, 4 minutes, is going to kill you? How?

Ethanol is pretty volatile. I'd imagine leaving it out in a swimming pool at room temp would release a shit load of fumes. Its possible it would be enough to intoxicate you severely.

Ethanol is pretty volatile. I'd imagine leaving it out in a swimming pool at room temp would release a shit load of fumes. Its possible it would be enough to intoxicate you severely.

Well what about moonshiners and even professional vodka makers? I'm sure they have ventilation and wear respirators in a lot of cases, but I have to believe there have been plenty of large vats of alcohol in the vicinity of many different people at many different times, and I've never heard of stories of people walking past their grandpa's moonshine tub and immediately getting wasted.

Alcohol poisoning? All that booze being absorbed into your skin can't be good lol.

I've dipped my balls in liquor with no negative effects to the balls, and it even enhanced the liquor.

Here's the kind of practical information we need more of in this thread

Alcohol poisoning? All that booze being absorbed into your skin can't be good lol.

I don't think the skin absorbs alcohol.

Maybe orifices such as your anus and peenhole, but I don't think a few minutes would be enough for most people's asses to drink in enough to kill you.

I would partake, as long as this song is on repeat. It only makes sense..

I don't think the skin absorbs alcohol.

Maybe orifices such as your anus and peenhole, but I don't think a few minutes would be enough for most people's asses to drink in enough to kill you.

I remember when David Blaine was trying to break the record for being submerged in water, it was said that if you remain saturated in water for too long you'll die. Makes me think the skin absorbs whatever liquid you're submerged in. The fact that liquor is apparently lighter than water also makes me think it might be more easily absorbed. But who knows, I'm no vodka scientist.

Well what about moonshiners and even professional vodka makers? I'm sure they have ventilation and wear respirators in a lot of cases, but I have to believe there have been plenty of large vats of alcohol in the vicinity of many different people at many different times, and I've never heard of stories of people walking past their grandpa's moonshine tub and immediately getting wasted.

I think there is a difference between walking past a tub of moonshine, and swimming in a pool of one.

I remember when David Blaine was trying to break the record for being submerged in water, it was said that if you remain saturated in water for too long you'll die. Makes me think the skin absorbs whatever liquid you're submerged in. The fact that liquor is apparently lighter than water also makes me think it might be more easily absorbed. But who knows, I'm no vodka scientist.

Skin doesn't usually absorb water or alcohol. After a certain amount of time being submerged, your outer skin membranes will start to break down and this will allow the molecules to absorb into the blood stream.

I think this would work faster with alcohol because alcohol will quickly dry and irritate your skin, and probably lead to your outer skin flaking and allowing alcohol to be absorbed. I don't think it would be in minutes, maybe like after an hour or so depending on the strength of the alcohol.

Skin doesn't usually absorb water or alcohol. After a certain amount of time being submerged, your outer skin membranes will start to break down and this will allow the molecules to absorb into the blood stream.

I think this would work faster with alcohol because alcohol will quickly dry and irritate your skin, and probably lead to your outer skin flaking and allowing alcohol to be absorbed. I don't think it would be in minutes, maybe like after an hour or so depending on the strength of the alcohol.

Something like this I would imagine, once you start to prune your skin would be able to take it in and if you spent too long you'd die of alcohol poisoning.

I'm sure I read something once about a woman dying after taking a vodka bath, could be bs though, I'll try find it.

Something like this I would imagine, once you start to prune your skin would be able to take it in and if you spent too long you'd die of alcohol poisoning.

I'm sure I read something once about a woman dying after taking a vodka bath, could be bs though, I'll try find it.

Funny thing is I remember reading a story about someone dying in an alcohol bath as well and I can't fucking find it and its making me feel like I imagined it lol.

I did find this, http://linmed.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/isopropyl-alcohol-intoxication-–-a-rare-presentation/

Back