Sweet Sweet Accomplishments, I guess...

LCDforMe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well, this evening, I recieved 2 black stripes on my here white belt. I am very excited. I have been training for about 3 months and after a nice long practice with my instructor, we went into the back room and I got myslef a couple stripes! :)

Thanks brotha mang, I plan on keeping with jits for a long, long time as it has been very good to me thus far.

good job..those first ones always feel good

Nice. Them first belt advancements were always the nicest.

Black stripes? So your a white belt going on Balck?

Just kidding, congratulations there, but dont most school's (that use stripes at all) use blue stripes on white belt?

Oktavius said:
Black stripes? So your a white belt going on Balck?

Just kidding, congratulations there, but dont most school's (that use stripes at all) use blue stripes on white belt?

Not us, we use black stripes (electrical tape)

i've seen blue and black used at our academy. whichever is more conveniently at hand at the time, i guess.

Good job! you are on your way! black stripes where i trained, mostly a matter of convienence i assume

We put a black bar of electrical tape on our white belts (if there isn't already one there...) and on that bar we put white stripes.

My school uses white stripes because we mostly have atama belts with a black sleeve.

Anyway, congrats.

so whatd u have to do in that back room for those stripes???

I don't get the stripe business, how come some schools use them & some do not. Congrats on your progress.

JamieO said:
so whatd u have to do in that back room for those stripes???

He earned his belt under his instructor... literally.

hehe j/k pal.

Thanks guys for all the feedback.

We use black electrical tape as it is pretty convienient.

It does feel pretty good to know I'm improving.

LOL I was just about to say...Keep going back there man, you might be purple by next week. Congrats though.

Back