Sweet Judo Throw from a Hockey Game

metallifan3091

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey everybody. I saw this and had to share it. It appears to be a failed uchi mata attempt to a pretty awesome drop seio nage (I think) in the middle of a hockey game.

tumblr_mu2ilaBkER1r41emlo1_250.gif
tumblr_mu2ilaBkER1r41emlo2_250.gif

It looks a bit too intentional to just be opportunistic in my opinion. It's not technically perfect (and I'm not a stellar judoka by any stretch, so take my opinion with a grain of salt) but it appears to me like he uses the grip on the guy's collar for something resembling kuzushi, and he appears to have at least a vague idea of what he's doing. I could be wrong though.

You don't turn in on someone like that if you have no clue what you're doing.

It looks a bit too intentional to just be opportunistic in my opinion. It's not technically perfect (and I'm not a stellar judoka by any stretch, so take my opinion with a grain of salt) but it appears to me like he uses the grip on the guy's collar for something resembling kuzushi, and he appears to have at least a vague idea of what he's doing. I could be wrong though.

I think technically perfect judo throws can be kind of hard to do whit skates on

That's not a Judo throw you morons it's a Sambo throw! Can't believe the IGNORANCE in here!

Naah... it's wrestling. They are not in a Gi! :)

LOL Einarr, I should have known better. Thanks for the confirmation :)

Back