Swedish MMA site is hinting that NEW UFC may be starting openweight fights!!

Flinx93

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The Swedish MMA site Kimura.se has posted an article on matches to make after Ufc on Fox 20 and is hinting that the heavyweight fighter Francis Ngannou will make a good matchup against the welterweight fighter Tarec Saffiedine.
B92z3

The text is basicly just that they think that this is a good potential match up for these figthers, i would just think this is a stupid reporter who doesnt know shit but these were the guys who has revealed all of the swedish ufc fights and Alexander Gustafssons title figths.

Thoughts?

Swedish mma site doesn't know shit all.

the End.

What in the actual fuck are they smoking?

ngannou vs mighty mouse should be fun

The mountain vs Conor would be fun

1446644809-0.jpg

Why Saffiedine though? What did he do to deserve that?

Really though, the Heavyweight Division should be replaced by an Openweight division.

Openweight would be awesome though.

Could lead to the resurrection of the Super Hluk belt, which would be the tits.

Open-weight is pointless as it has no affect on either fighters standing in their respective weight-class and that's what each fight should reflect. Open-weight is just a cash-grab freakshow hoping to attract more eyes due to the visible size difference. Don't see the point in bringing it back.

I think they should create a modified openweight, where you weigh in somewhere between 3 weight classes. Obviously MM couldn't fight Brock but open weight shouldn't be written off entirely.

Open-weight is pointless as it has no affect on either fighters standing in their respective weight-class and that's what each fight should reflect. Open-weight is just a cash-grab freakshow hoping to attract more eyes due to the visible size difference. Don't see the point in bringing it back.
Pointless? Freakshow? Surely you jest.

1263548818.jpg

This is what happens when you spend decades avoiding conflict.

As stupid as openweight fights are, some still interest me, because it isn't as clear as "Heavier fighter always wins".

Don't think they should be in the UFC, though. RIZIN? Yes.

The website says ABBA are going to cover Face the Pain and it will be used as the new UFC theme.

Back