Social Sweden Stayed Open. A Deadly Month Shows the Risks (Swedish King & PM admit failure)

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
It was bound to happen. Sweden has more deaths, per capita, than the US.

This is the model right wing morons want the US to emulate.

---

In Stockholm, where the virus spread through migrant communities, more than twice the usual number of people died last month. That increase far surpasses the rise in deaths in American cities like Boston and Chicago, and approaches the increase seen in Paris.

Across Sweden, almost 30 percent more people died during the epidemic than is normal during this time of year, an increase similar to that of the United States and far higher than the small increases seen in its neighboring countries.

“It’s not a very flattering comparison for Sweden, which has such a great public health system,” said Andrew Noymer, a demographer at the University of California at Irvine. “There’s no reason Sweden should be doing worse than Norway, Denmark and Finland.”

Even without a full lockdown, Sweden’s economy has not been unscathed. Preliminary evidence shows Sweden has suffered similar economic effects as its neighbors: The Swedish Central Bank projects the country’s G.D.P. will contract by 7 to 10 percent this year, an estimate on par with the rest of Europe. (The European Commission projects the E.U. economy will contract by 7.5 percent.)

Sweden will be judged at the finish line,” Mr. Noymer said. “But it’s a very high-stakes risk, and the consequences are people's lives.”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/15/world/europe/sweden-coronavirus-deaths.html

I really wanted this model to work as we can stay locked forever hoping a vaccine is created. I think 4 years is the quickest any vaccine has ever bee created. Took 20 years for the chicken pox vac I think.

At the end of the day the only way past this is herd immunity or a vaccine and a vaccine is at least 12 months away. We need to start reopening before there is nothing left to reopen. We have flatten the curve and most people are playing the rules of social distancing and wearing masks. The hospitals should be fine, that was the whole point of the shut down in the first place to not overload the hospitals.

Sweden must really have it in for the US. Who would have guessed? But their willingness to put out these fake death numbers to perpetuate the myth that the virus is deadly and not just an orchestrated hype job meant to hurt Trump at the ballot box in November is now clear for all to see.

Sweden, you're dead to me.

/s

Sweden, I hope your candle burns strong during these tough times.

@lsa

Last edited:
Sweden, I hope your candle burns strong during thee tough times.

@lsa

ZOn2Gem.gif

You're telling me that a country that took the herd immunity route got their cases out of the way sooner than ones that kicked the can down the road?

<SelenaWow>

Didn't take much for the left to turn on Sweden. I guess we can cross them off the list of countries politicians tell us are perfectly run.

So now we’re using per capita.

---

In Stockholm, where the virus spread through migrant communities, more than twice the usual number of people died last month. That increase far surpasses the rise in deaths in American cities like Boston and Chicago, and approaches the increase seen in Paris.

Across Sweden, almost 30 percent more people died during the epidemic than is normal during this time of year, an increase similar to that of the United States and far higher than the small increases seen in its neighboring countries.

“It’s not a very flattering comparison for Sweden, which has such a great public health system,” said Andrew Noymer, a demographer at the University of California at Irvine. “There’s no reason Sweden should be doing worse than Norway, Denmark and Finland.”

Even without a full lockdown, Sweden’s economy has not been unscathed. Preliminary evidence shows Sweden has suffered similar economic effects as its neighbors: The Swedish Central Bank projects the country’s G.D.P. will contract by 7 to 10 percent this year, an estimate on par with the rest of Europe. (The European Commission projects the E.U. economy will contract by 7.5 percent.)

Sweden will be judged at the finish line,” Mr. Noymer said. “But it’s a very high-stakes risk, and the consequences are people's lives.”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/15/world/europe/sweden-coronavirus-deaths.html
Ok but this isn’t the measure
It’s totally death per capita at 1 year. We still have to reopen and get a second wave of some sort

Yet less then Belgium Italy Spain France Uk.

Without destroying the economy, durr.

Their death and infection rates peaked around April 21/24 ja dumbass.

Last edited:
I really wanted this model to work as we can stay locked forever hoping a vaccine is created. I think 4 years is the quickest any vaccine has ever bee created. Took 20 years for the chicken pox vac I think.
And some virus’ don’t have vaccines. Vaccines for coronavirus’ have proven difficult to develop.

At the end of the day the only way past this is herd immunity or a vaccine and a vaccine is at least 12 months away. We need to start reopening before there is nothing left to reopen. We have flatten the curve and most people are playing the rules of social distancing and wearing masks. The hospitals should be fine, that was the whole point of the shut down in the first place to not overload the hospitals.

Is this even possible? It's my understanding that with all of the other covid viruses one doesn't receive full immunity with infection. Perhaps partial immunity for a few years then almost none. I don't think they know for certain what the covid 19 will bring but it does not seem smart to assume heard immunity is possible.

Just my general understanding and I'm no scientist.

The model is working. The deaths are starting to decline.

Yeah, I don't think there is vaccines for any of the covid viruses.
They’re thawing out the SARS vaccine to see if that works.
I don’t know how effective it was even for SARS.

Is this even possible? It's my understanding that with all of the other covid viruses one doesn't receive full immunity with infection. Perhaps partial immunity for a few years then almost none. I don't think they know for certain what the covid 19 will bring but it does not seem smart to assume heard immunity is possible.

Just my general understanding and I'm no scientist.

It being so infectious is why all the scientists went the herd immunity route. High R0 makes herd immunity viable. If the anti-body is a few years, as you estimate, herd immunity is very achievable. Its only when you get down to an anti-body lifetime of a few months does herd immunity start to become unlikely.

Took 20 years for the chicken pox vac I think.
That was during the 1960s. Our technology is way more advanced today.
Here is the scary part:
The 1918 flu pandemic lasted 32 months.

Back