SWAT (2003) This movie could never be made today

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In the movie SWAT, Sgt Dan Hondo (Samuel L Jackson) recruits members to form a new SWAT team. In these scenes the movie basically promotes police brutality and aggressive illegal tactics while also poking fun at people complaining.

One of the funniest scenes. Sam Jackson says the guy is not SWAT material because he is too nice, doesn't have any officer complaints, and is too by the book.

There's also another scene where Sam Jackson is trying to recruit Colin Farrell's character on the team, but wants to know whether or not it is true if he ratted on his ex team member before but I can't find this scene anywhere

220px-End_of_Watch_Poster.jpg

None of them had a theme like SWAT 76

Check that bassline:

That's almost a decade old, I'd have to rewatch it but I don't remember them playing up the whole aggressive policing thing to the same extent as SWAT
You act like rodney king didnt happen in 1991 or there hasnt been discussion of police brutality before. Believe it or not life isnt twitter and people arent outraged by every little thing.

In the movie SWAT, Sgt Dan Hondo (Samuel L Jackson) recruits members to form a new SWAT team. In these scenes the movie basically promotes police brutality and aggressive illegal tactics while also poking fun at people complaining.

One of the funniest scenes. Sam Jackson says the guy is not SWAT material because he is too nice, doesn't have any officer complaints, and is too by the book.

There's also another scene where Sam Jackson is trying to recruit Colin Farrell's character on the team, but wants to know whether or not it is true if he ratted on his ex team member before but I can't find this scene anywhere

You notice a lot of this in movies, if you look.

Gsngs of New York.. The mayor.. “Remember the first rule of elections.. The voters don’t decide the elections, the counters do.. Keep counting! We don’t need a win, we need a landslide.”

Yep.

You act like rodney king didnt happen in 1991 or there hasnt been discussion of police brutality before. Believe it or not life isnt twitter and people arent outraged by every little thing.
It's not about the people, it's hollywood and the filmakers and producers. They won't make a movie like this, not any time soon at least

I think it's already known that Hollywood is practically dead now, creatively speaking. It's all a bunch of woke PC SJW trash regurgitated ad nauseam.

Back