Swanson vs kawajiri

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JkMMA, Aug 6, 2016.

1. JkMMA

JkMMA Brown Belt

no one lost that fight . Now Swanson vs Doo ho choi in New York! :) jk I rather see them fight around early October or even September :)

2. eseseses681

eseseses681 Purple Belt

I've noticed Kawajiri's lost a lot of his punching power since he's dropped to featherweight. He's still a great featherweight and he still hits hard, but he landed some punches on Cub that would've at least knocked down a lot of people at lightweight.
    I also think Kawajiri would benefit from modifying his takedown game a little. He's got a great wrasslin' game-- one of the best in the entire sport-- and the amount of control he's able to have on top is ridic', but one of his go-to moves is that trip when he's on his knees and has his legs wrapped around one of his opponent's legs. And that's a great move, but it's a lot harder to do in a cage because the cage keeps their bodies from swiveling and completing the takedown-- unlike in a ring. It's like standing with your back against a wall and trying to turn around to your right without moving your left leg; it's harder to do than if you weren't against a wall (or were, instead, against some ropes.) There were a lot of times when he was in that position that he would've had Swanson on the ground already if they were in a ring.
    I don't know enough about wrasslin' to suggest alternatives.

3. JkMMA

JkMMA Brown Belt

Just to show u kawajiri still has it in him, even tho he's late 30's.