SW: Difference between the prequels and sequels

Prequels had so much potential. With that said coolest poster in the series goes to Phantom Menace by far given at the time this was cool as shit to see before you had any idea of what crap would end up being released. It was fun to think back then that they had something brilliant cooked up.

phantom_menace_teaser_original_film_art_9416ec2d-17a8-42b7-8f78-7cd395b99073_spo_2000x.jpg

It's like if someone made a great meal, added some good side entrees (video games, some of the books for you real nerrrds!, etc), then they added another main course that was shit, handed cooking duties over to another chef, then that chef made more shit.

There's still a good meal in there and other chefs are making some delectable stuff, but the shit is stinking up the room.

...Something like that

Yeah but don't you remember that really good steak Gordon Ramsay made for you like 30 years ago?

You liked that steak right? So eat these undercooked Big Macs that Steve over here made or else you're a sexist racist fucking asshole.

Star Wars is cool, but its far from important. Make your own superior space opera. Hard not to be derivative lately but it can be masked easily enough. Just my opinion.

To me the Force awakens feels like they
took the plots of 3-6 and put them in one
movie. Why the F*** are they still fighting
the Empire.

My problem with the prequels is how do tell
the story Anakin going to the dark side in
three movies? And starting with him as kid
was dumb. The only good thing about them
were the villains.

But I do think the prequels are than the sequels.

How would you tell anakins story without something about his childhood.

Should they have done the film with him as a kid than in the same film have like an interlude then a fast forward intontue future.

Like it says “10” years later or something.

To be honest his back story involving his attachment to his mother was a great plot point. His loss eases him to the dark side and sets the table for his attachment issue which he’ll do anything to save the ones he’s loves.

I honestly don’t even know what’s going on in the sequels. Stakes are not high and it’s just overall boring and shitty. Don’t understand it either

TFA has such promise, but missed in some areas and TLJ just poured gasoline all over everything and rian chunked a maltov cocktail out the window to set it ablaze as he drove off.

There is no Real threat or Dilema now, Rey can beat Ren, Captain Redheaded Step-child gets punked by everyone.

I wanted the TFA we were teased with in the Original Trailers.

The force awakening in a Stormtrooper of all people, that BAD MOFO SITH in the Forest, with the Ancient Lightsaber Design WHERE DID THAT Motherfucker come from?

Oh just kidding It’s only Emo Ren.

The Sequals needed Lucas Wife, just as bad as the Prequels did.

Lucas original Star Wars was a dumpster fire by all accounts who pre-screened it Before his wife got ahold of it.

You can see in Return where his wife left him, Return starts off Gritty and Forceful, and switches over to Fucking Teddy Bears sharing a meal with Leia all being cute and sweat and in a fucking Mumu basically when moments before she was in a good bikini strangling the life out of Jabba.

Star Wars has been a dumpster fire since the second Quarter of Return, when Lucas got the leash let off, and now the new Fucks really don’t have a clue.

2 things i dont like right now about sw

The new mandalorian tv show is not about mandalore wars but some boba fett rip off

Make the force unleashed canon,it gives the best background for birth of rebellion

TFA has such promise, but missed in some areas and TLJ just poured gasoline all over everything and rian chunked a maltov cocktail out the window to set it ablaze as he drove off.

There is no Real threat or Dilema now, Rey can beat Ren, Captain Redheaded Step-child gets punked by everyone.

I wanted the TFA we were teased with in the Original Trailers.

The force awakening in a Stormtrooper of all people, that BAD MOFO SITH in the Forest, with the Ancient Lightsaber Design WHERE DID THAT Motherfucker come from?

Oh just kidding It’s only Emo Ren.

The Sequals needed Lucas Wife, just as bad as the Prequels did.

Lucas original Star Wars was a dumpster fire by all accounts who pre-screened it Before his wife got ahold of it.

You can see in Return where his wife left him, Return starts off Gritty and Forceful, and switches over to Fucking Teddy Bears sharing a meal with Leia all being cute and sweat and in a fucking Mumu basically when moments before she was in a good bikini strangling the life out of Jabba.

Star Wars has been a dumpster fire since the second Quarter of Return, when Lucas got the leash let off, and now the new Fucks really don’t have a clue.

The middle of Return of the Jedi was a step down from the first two films, but for my money the final battle between Luke, Vader and the Emperor in Return of the Jedi is the best thing in all of Star Wars.

Meanwhile Star Trek just kept getting better and better which is why it is the superior story

I was actually thinking about this today. Star Wars was the original trilogy, some video games, and EU stuff when I was a kid. Almost everything was pretty good, the Ewoks were one of the few things that people genuinely didn't like. Then the prequels came, some bad animated movies, and now these sequels. I would say at this point that at least half or more of the Star Wars universe is trash and I'm wondering if the franchise as a whole might not be viewed the same going forward.

To be fair, KOTOR came out AFTER the Prequls, and are the best Starwars games. They were helped by prequels, as pointing out in the OP, they DID do a great job expanding the universe. I like them more than most, but I understand the hate.

The universe isn't trash tho, it is awesome. Just 60% of the movies suck, 90% of the universe/content does not. Clonewars was a good show, over a dozen good video games, dozens books and hundreds comics.

I agree. The prequels suck but they still feel like Star Wars movies whereas the new movies feel like they were made in a movie factory somewhere and they slapped a Star Wars label on the can.

As to the prequels, pretty much agree but there were bigger problems than just ironing out the wrinkles in the story. The second film was almost complete nonsense. And the visual approach to the filmmaking was quite a bit off. But they had some virtues.

I think Lucas had an okish framework for the politics if the prequels and some decent enough action ideas but really never developed the characters that well. it needed someone else involved to really take control and make Anakin and Obi wan's story dramatically interesting.
As for The Force Awakens. I disagree about Harrison Ford mailing it in. I thought he gave it a pretty honest effort. Especially for a 75 year old man running around on a broken ankle.

Ford was probably the best thing in it but did end up beign sadled with Abram's childish meta humour.

The idea that the sequels needed to be some fun insubstantial comeback was I think badly flawed. The return of classic Starwars characters was always going to be a massive cinematic event and what Starwars really needed was another New Hope, a solid film that really layed the groundwork of the characters and the setting.

Disney should have looked at what Abrams had done with Trek, seen that fans had already turned on his cartoonish nostalgia after a couple of films.

Last edited:
Btw am i the only one who wonders how the new order got so powerful under republics nose?

Like the empire was defeated republic won and now suddenly they are underdogs again wtf lol

Without going in to any plots etc...

I have a soft spot for Phantom Menace, it's OK. After 15 years I was in need of anything, and in places it succeeds.

Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith are pretty much unwatchable for me, they are terrible films.
I feel like George Lucas let his extremely young, rich kids loose on a load of new software and let them do what they want
The CGI killed any enjoyment I would get out of them.
Tough to get past Anakin being an annoying sulky spoiled little prick as well. How am I supposed to root for him as the baddest ass in the universe?

Force Awakens was OK. It was better than what we'd had. But it was just comedy Star Wars. Looks great, not too much over kill on CGI

Last Jedi I loved, in a so bad I loved it type of way. Yes it was awful, but it was touchingly awful rather than annoyingly so.
Fuck it was hilariously bad wasn't it! Can't wait to watch it again

To be fair, KOTOR came out AFTER the Prequls, and are the best Starwars games. They were helped by prequels, as pointing out in the OP, they DID do a great job expanding the universe. I like them more than most, but I understand the hate.

The universe isn't trash tho, it is awesome. Just 60% of the movies suck, 90% of the universe/content does not. Clonewars was a good show, over a dozen good video games, dozens books and hundreds comics.
Oh I agree, I'm just saying that at this point to me, the Star Wars universe isn't mostly good with a few sore spots. I'll always love the original trilogy and KOTOR is one of my favorite games ever, but there has been a lot of garbage added to the mythos in the last 20 years. It keeps swinging further and Disney isn't helping.

Oh I agree, I'm just saying that at this point to me, the Star Wars universe isn't mostly good with a few sore spots. I'll always love the original trilogy and KOTOR is one of my favorite games ever, but there has been a lot of garbage added to the mythos in the last 20 years. It keeps swinging further and Disney isn't helping.

All true, Plus, most people havent played the games or read the books/comics. So for those people, it really is like 10% being good, and the rest being mediocre at best.

Meanwhile Star Trek just kept getting better and better which is why it is the superior story

The 3rd reboot movie was pretty decent

Can't even get into Discovery - it's like Star Wars but bad Star Wars - totally ruined

While I can see why people didn't enjoy the prequels, I felt that they were a ton of fun with some awesome Jedi / Sith shit going on. LOTS of lightsaber combat, lots of force powers on display...much more exciting for me and I have to admit that Darth Maul might be my favorite character in the series. I felt that he was dangerous and a pure villain, but I wish he had more screen time.

The new movies (7,8) just felt terribly paced and lacked any excitement. Its already been debated here but Rey has no business being as powerful as she is. In the same token how could Kylo POSSIBLY be so weak and pathetic in every single manner? For fucks sake Finn gave him a run for his money in light saber combat...let that sink in. It should have taken Kylo a single strike to destroy Finn but he couldn't even kill the guy.

Phasma...what a wasted character in every single way...what was her purpose of being pushed so heavily in the marketing? She did absolutely nothing the movies and was completely inept and useless.

Force Awakens was clearly a reboot of Episode IV, and Last Jedi was a complete waste of time. The ending ruined every single aspect of combat in the entire Star Wars universe, and fucking Snoke being killed so easily? And Luke just falling over and dying for no real reason? Not to mention that Luke would NEVER run away and let something similar to the Empire come back into power. When it comes to Last Jedi I can't think of a single redeeming event that was exciting or made any sense in the general Star Wars universe. I get it...Disney wants to pump out movies, but at least try and make them somewhat relatable to their previous entries.

I enjoyed the prequels as they added lore to the universe. The sequels and retconning of the EU has reduced the Star Wars universe to a bunch of garbage and complete and total contradiction in almost every manner. The light saber colors is one of the examples and it's so silly...have these people every played a single game or read a single book? I can go on and on but there's no reason to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back