Svend Karlsen sponsored by McDonalds?...

Entropy, I have a feeling that you enjoy this kind of thing more than I do, but there were some points that were unfair to my position in your last post.

Let iron sharpen iron.

ENTROPY said:
Your statement was as follows:

Noskill said:
My bottom word would be this: Nobody knows. I personally just give MCD the benefit of the doubt,

The logical question one is required to ask is,

King Kabuki said:
Should have known, dang Detroit and all. lol

Indeed, resistance is futile.

Yeah, it's just one of those things in this town. Either work in the Auto Industry, or become a white rapper.

In this case, the latter wasn't an option given that I have considerable disdain for the regressive elements of a certain culture who supports negative social imagery...

Noskill said:
Entropy, I have a feeling that you enjoy this kind of thing more than I do, but there were some points that were unfair to my position in your last post.

Let iron sharpen iron.

I do enjoy it, however given my time constraints; it becomes a burden most times.

Noskill said:
I can assure you through personal acquaintance with my own thoughts that I did not mean that.

To give you evidence of this fact, consider
1) the places in this thread where I adressed fries and soft drinks as unhealthy. Now, at least fries can be called FOOD and if I say they are some of the worst things you can eat, it is admittedly because I do not think they are quality food.

2) if you actually quoted my sentence in its entirety, I think it would have been clear what it meant to leave the 'benefit of the doubt'.

Let me quote that full sentence, which is found in post #91 of the thread:

It is pretty obvious that I am specifically adressing protein content of the meat here, not the general quality of food at McDonalds. I never spoke of Mcflurries, salads or sundaes. The only other items I ever mentioned in this thread were the fries and the soda, and I very clearly said those were just plain bad.

If there was misunderstanding on that matter I now consider it settled.

Fair enough

TOKYO - Japanese stores pulled U.S. beef products from their shelves amid renewed fears of mad cow disease on Saturday, a day after the government said a recent shipment from New York contained cattle parts that are a disease risk. Japan announced Friday it would hold all American beef at ports until the U.S. delivers a report on how prohibited cattle backbone got into a shipment from Atlantic Veal & Lamb Inc. The measure came two weeks after Tokyo lifted a two-year ban on U.S. beef imports.

What does that tell everyone about the "quality" of processed beef in and of America?

I'm willing to wager odds McD's doesn't even use the quality of beef we'd be sending to Japan, a nation known for it's beef quality from their own Native Product.

Entropy, I've got to admit I've learned things too here. So maybe my impression that it was useless was just prejudice.

ENTROPY said:
It is speculation; however one based on a fair assumption.

Granted.

Another thing, NoSkill, the cows raised in (true) Northern California, like around Red Bluff, live much longer and disease-free lives than the majority of cows from which our beef comes (in the major dairy plants like around Fresno).

Those meat factories are responsible for every outbreak I've heard of in the last 5 years. Then there was that very concrete PETA -released video of the last cow that caused an outbreak: being dragged and beaten into the slaughterhouse. It was too sick to even stand on its own, yet it was slaughtered for food. This isn't the only documentation of this kind of activity. This is the meat you most likely get at McDonalds.

Also, if you evaluate total protein, then no, there's not a difference. The difference is in nutritive value on a gram-per-gram basis and the macronutrient profiles the different qualities of meat prodeuce, although it's impossible for me to compare McDonalds beef to baseline supermarket ground beef since I don't have nutritional info on the McDonald's meat in isolation nor on how it's prepared.

About McDonald's fries, they're cooked in beef fat & cottonseed oil. If they switched to vegetable oil, they'd be fine.

when will this end? McD's is crap, to think anything else is just ignorance of logic.

If Chuck Norris pulls up to his reserved parking spot and catches you eating at McDonnalds, he'll round hous kick you to the 60's

no no why would McD's be that bad for you ? why would they sell me crappy food ! i thought they cared about people ??? i thought processed meats , cheese and sugar buns were good source of nutrients??
nooooooooooooo

Back