Svend Karlsen sponsored by McDonalds?...

Damn it Sonny, I seriously went out to MD's and got a Big Mac with Fries and a Coke. Now I feel like crap. Thanks for leading the charge. I'm telling my mom on you.

I dunno, whenever I go out, I always go for subway or some fast asian food...but anyway...

back on topic...I looked at Svends diet planning and stuff, and he didnt mention eating any McDonalds...so why is he sponsored by them?...

Just because he's sponsored by them doesn't mean he uses their products.

OK, I admit it, after initially posting in this thread yesterday I went out to a place called Freshness Burger and loaded up.

Another thing I realized about McD's is the smell factor. All I have to do is smell some nuggets or fries and I feel like I want to eat some...

Noskill, I disagree with you, here. These aren't conspiracy theories. Have you seen "Super Size Me"? The dude ate just 3 meals a day (all McDonalds), and after three weeks, the cardiologist he hired to monitor his health begged him to stop. All the doctors strongly advised against the project at the outset (to eat 3 meals a day for a month), but the cardiologist himself was flabbergasted at what happened to Morgan Spurlock's body. In not so few words, at that three week check-up, he informed Morgan he was dying. Fast.

That's not a conspiracy. It's documented. It's one of the most popular documentaries of the last 5 years.

Besides, there are 8 grades of of USDA meat: Prime, Choice, Select, Standard, Commercial, Utility, Cutter, Canned.

I don't believe that McDonald's requests the USDA give it's meat a grade, but just goes by pass/fail. Nevertheless, that doesn't comfort me. I would prefer to KNOW it's "Commercial" grade- at the least. The bottom three grades are used almost exclusively (when graded) for ground beef products, but I don't think it unlikely that if McDonalds did request that it's meat be graded, it would score in one of these three categories. Not to mention the larger question of sanitation at the stores. My foster brother worked the McD's here in Red Bluff, and he said workers would routinely defy regulations if a patty was dropped on the floor, and play by the "18 second rule" (he joked). Managers turned a blind eye.

It's no fucking joke, McDonald's will KILL you.

I don't get the "Super Size Me" phenomenon though, I mean the guy eats MacD's 3 times a day for a month, lowers his physical activity and what happened? His health deteriorated and he gained weight. We all could've predicted that. I watched the movie wondering if anybody actually watched it and learned anything new besides the fact that vegan chef girlfriends are annoying as hell!

Madmick,

Do you think that if the supersize guy went on a diet of three meals a day made exclusively of homemade burgers, fries and soda he would have fared better? I don't. There is no voodoo bad for you that haunts Mcdonald's food, it's really just the amount of fat, sodium, sugar and shit that makes the stuff bad for you. Now, and this was my original point, the burgers by themselves aren't that bad. Look at the turd earlier in the thread who eats nothing but big macs. If this guy is dying, he's dying pretty slowly.

And as to regulations being overlooked, they are overlooked everywhere man, you can't control that. My local starbucks is supposed to close at 10:30 on fridays, yet the employees still close at 10:00, like every other day of the week. That's just what people do all over the world, it's called being lazy.

Now, I gotta agree eating a Mcd beef patty is not really my idea of dining on a fine steak, but I think saying that its made out of the brain of retarded cows and held together by the farmer's jizz is pushing it. Yet, that's what a lot of people seem to think. It's food. If its bad for you, it's because of the stats. And I think the stats for a big mac are much better than for the fries or the soda. Conclusion: ditch the fries and soda, and eat three big macs. Still not turkey breast and brown rice with broccoli on the side, but ok bulking food nevertheless.

I feel you Sonny. I liked the movie in general yet what I hated about it is that people think that if the guy went all bad and shit, it is because it was Mcdonalds. Eat nothing but organic butter and super duper organico hippy potatoes for a month, and you'll be just as bad. The problem with the movie is that it focuses too much on this precise company, while it does not address at all the issue as to WHAT it is in what the guy ate that made his health go down the drain.

I know people who won't eat at Mcdonalds after seeing that movie, yet they feel no guilt for eating a full sack of doritos.

Don't get me wrong, I found the movie quite entertaining but none of what was presented was news to me. That and he seemed to over-dramatize at times.

1. mc donalds is not food, it is fucking poison

2. mc donalds should be destroyed

3. mc donalds should be destroyed

Don't get me wrong, I found the movie quite entertaining but none of what was presented was news to me. That and he seemed to over-dramatize at times.

Anyone willing to subject himself to that sort of thing has to be questionable. I wouldn't necessarily use the word "over-dramatize" though, considering the man was literally dying. When you can feel your body nearing melt-down, everything is dramatic. But again, subjecting himself to that purposefully is questionable.

This actually IS news to people in America unfortunately. One of my close friends who is one of the most intelligent people I know used to eat McD's twice per day every day, because where he works it's the only place in the shopping plaza that he can get to in the alotted time he has for breaks. And more importantly, the place he works for owns the whole plaza and ONLY allows McD's in there. This is no coincidence. Anyhow, twice per day, and about a month and a half ago he comes to me saying he went to the doctor and told him he was at an IMMINENT health-risk if he continued. He was nearly 300lbs. First thing I have him do, stop eating all the fast food and give up soda. He loses 15lbs inside of two weeks. Now if he goes to McD's he gets one of the TWO, count them, TWO, things on their menu that halfway resemble real food, and that's about once per week.

McD's makes their money off of public laziness and ignorance. And like I mentioned earlier in the thread, after Supersize Me came out, McD's sales went UP. Why? Because people didn't believe it. Denial is a powerful powerful thing.

But this is true with a lot of things in America. Including 64oz sodas at 7-11. The fact that a McD's value meal is cheaper than a protein shake of equal caloric content but 4 times as nutritious. Etc. The fact that when I recommend people prepare their own food, like a bowl of instant oatmeal that takes 1 minute and 20 seconds in a Microwave, they bellow "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!!!" Yet 10 minutes in a drive-through is acceptable. That is the phenomina I don't get.

Choose any food and eat it three times a day and nothing else. If its not some perfect food combination, you will be lacking something. Maybe its not as bad as McD.
I think thats what appetie for. Your body tells you what it needs. R. Spurlock didnt like the McD-food in the end but he still ate it because it was an expermient. Another problem is, that people dont have a normal appetite today anymore. They have lost the contact to their body. I mean, i like fast food. But i could never ever eat it every day. And if i dont workout i have less appetite because my body needs less.
What sometimes happens to me, and thats a bad thing is, that i eat fast food because its fast and there is not the more healthier food available, that i would prefer at this time (if i dont want to cook, i have only the choice between Pizza, Burger, D

bigmac.jpg

I worked at mc donalds for 2 years, at that period I didnt manage to work out one bit, I was constantly broke so I lived at free mc-d food (jep 3-4 meals every day more or less) and alcohol (party 5 days a week.. more or less). Furthermore I worked like 50 hour weeks where I routinely worked nights every weekend (more about busting skulls than to sell burgers). It was extremely stressfull most of the time.

It didnt kill me. Supersize me is a hoax.;)

Sonny said:
I don't get the "Super Size Me" phenomenon though, I mean the guy eats MacD's 3 times a day for a month, lowers his physical activity and what happened? His health deteriorated and he gained weight. We all could've predicted that. I watched the movie wondering if anybody actually watched it and learned anything new besides the fact that vegan chef girlfriends are annoying as hell!
Agreed! If shown an outline for the plan of the movie, I think most of us would have figured that he would suffer very serious health effects. My only problem in reading the ****** would be not believing that anyone could actually eat that crap for a month straight, nevermind for every meal.

Oh yes, his girlfriend was very annoying. If he dumped her ass I would have nominated it for an Emmy.

Well I can see some of the statistics presented in the movie as being informative to most, but even the fat fucks I know who eat this shit on a regular basis know it's bad for them. Same with people who smoke.

Why was the word SCR IPT bleeped out in my last post? That is now a bad word. I guess Im not up with the times you SCR IPT heads

Noskill said:
I feel you Sonny. I liked the movie in general yet what I hated about it is that people think that if the guy went all bad and shit, it is because it was Mcdonalds. Eat nothing but organic butter and super duper organico hippy potatoes for a month, and you'll be just as bad. The problem with the movie is that it focuses too much on this precise company, while it does not address at all the issue as to WHAT it is in what the guy ate that made his health go down the drain.

I know people who won't eat at Mcdonalds after seeing that movie, yet they feel no guilt for eating a full sack of doritos.
YES.

Its FAST FOOD, not a nutrition and diet wellness center. Same would have happened if he chose KFC, pizza hut, WaffleHouse, and like Noskill said, even with a hippie-friendly envriomentally sound, politically correct place to eat.

That Supersize Me movie was a screed designed to make money for the filmmaker.

He could have just as easily spilled hot coffee in his lap at the McD's drive through and sue for millions because he didn't realize it was hot and that he would get his body damaged. Oh wait, that was done already. Needed a new tactic.

i think McDonnalds and all other fast food has become too much a part of our lives in the past 20 years if even a group of training athlets cannot agree that a damn burger bairly clasifies as food. Feed this shit to your cat or dog for 2 weeks straight and watch it die of blader and kidney stones. humans are far more tollerant to toxins, but it should atleast be a warning sign that this resembles poison more closly then it resembles food.

i have never seen the documentry myself butyou've sparked my intrest, time to torrent this little devil

I just want to point out a couple of things for this argument. First off, they guy that did Supersize Me was a vegan. Who was also married to a vegan chef. Now since he had a vegan chef for a wife, I am going to assume that he ate pretty good and was able to supplement for the nutrients he missed. So overall he was probably a pretty healthy guy. Now when you change your diet so dramatically and quickly, there are going to be complications. Especially if you change from no meat or animal products in your diet to allowing them in your diet. Any vegan/vegeterian who hasnt eaten meat in say a year, who decides to start eating meat again will have to slowly add meat to there diet. Otherwise they will get sick. Your body just wouldnt be used to processing meat. So to wrap it up, they guy that did supersize me, was a bad subject for the test. They should have picked a normal adult, who ate a normal american diet. But instead to push there opinion/point, they used someone who would have a bad reaction to just adding meat there diet. Hell the guy could have eaten 90/10 ground beef on whole wheat bread with lots of veggies and fruits and he still would have had health issues.

Also is it really news to anyone that fried, fatty and sugary foods and drinks are not a good idea for a healthy diet? I mean come on, use some freaking common sense people. Its just something that you have in moderation.

Back