Social "Suspicious Minds": Trump accused of racism for honoring Elvis

I don't see the issue. Fat Elvis in a white, flared, rhinestone studded suit is definitely an American icon.

And yet she moved in with him at the age of 17 which unless I’m mistaken is still under the age of Consent. He fell for a minor and moved her into his home whilst still underage, how do you condone that?

It's creepy-as-fuck(but not illegal, I don't think) but to suggest he had sexual intercourse with her prior to reaching Legal Age(which would be illegal) is completely off-base when there's no proof of that.

If there was, then Priscilla herself would've said so by now. {<shrug}

I don't see the issue. Fat Elvis in a white, flared rhinestone suit is definitely an American icon.

If there were Cheetos available back then, he would've had them in his hand, too. <Moves>

You know it’s funny, I’ve never put any thought into what race invented this and what race originated that or how diverse a congressman class is...it’s like the people who fight for the social justice make it worse by exposing shit no one care about in the first place. How hard is it to just enjoy something or put the best person in office regardless of anything else

Point is often the people who bring this shit up mirror the actual racists they hate so much
Exactly. It's music. Who cares who "invented" it, just listen and enjoy.

Ridiculous!!

Everyone knows Elvis was a bit black.

Damn, Elvis is racist now?

16709-Elvis-Gif.gif

I don't see how. But he was a pedophile, and that is reason enough to stay away from him entirely, especially when you're a guy who has told 10 year olds you'll be dating them, and clearly have wanted to fuck your daughter for a long time. Just sayin. Maybe not honor Ted Nugent or Charlie Chaplin next, yeah?

I don't see how. But he was a pedophile, and that is reason enough to stay away from him entirely, especially when you're a guy who has told 10 year olds you'll be dating them, and clearly have wanted to fuck your daughter for a long time. Just sayin. Maybe not honor Ted Nugent or Charlie Chaplin next, yeah?

Wait, I’ve never heard of Elvis being a pedo what’s the story behind that?

He was apparently known to always be hanging around with 12-14 year olds, especially on tour. He knew Priscilla Presley when she was 14, they had a relationship due to him knowing her through her dad who served with Elvis, until she was 17 and moved in with him, when he was 28.

It's creepy-as-fuck(but not illegal, I don't think) but to suggest he had sexual intercourse with her prior to reaching Legal Age(which would be illegal) is completely off-base when there's no proof of that.

How does it feel to be using the Rational Poster Muhammed defense?

Here:

Google “Elvis pedo” and take your pic from the dozens of articles out there

Elvis MET Priscilla when she was 14. That's not the same as having intercourse. Just a hunch. <LordRoose>

He married Priscilla in 1966 when she was 21, almost 22.

She had Lisa Marie 9 months later. (though there are conflicting reports that she had Lisa Marie when she was 19 which is still legal so too fucking bad for your "Pedo" accusations)

Elvis_Presley_and_Priscilla_with_Lisa_Marie_February_1968.jpg

Elvis Presley and Priscilla with newborn Lisa Marie, February 1968

And yet she moved in with him at the age of 17 which unless I’m mistaken is still under the age of Consent. He fell for a minor and moved her into his home whilst still underage, how do you condone that?

love that they reminded people that babe ruth finished with a .690 slugging percentage

love that

You so called "Tough Guy" conservatives are the most shook bunch of fairies I've ever seen. One dumb ass interviewed in a newspaper says your Daddy is a racists and you queef your pants.

Bunch of fucking pansies
Look at how triggered this snowflake is, it’s pathetic.

That's insane. The erasure of real history, because white people did cool stuff, needs to stop immediately.

All this crap is going to give a rise to a right-wing.. One that will have a moral ground to stand on. Stop building that ground.
White people did so much cool stuff that erasing history is necessary to narrow a very wide achievement gap.

That speculation may be true but is not what I’m reacting to. You said “His real gifts were his looks and his charismatic personality.” That leaves out his exceptional vocalism.

I'm not saying the guy couldn't sing. What I'm saying is that his voice isn't what put him over the top and made him a living legend. It was his look and his manner. That's why his movies (full of shitty, forgettable songs) were such massive hits.

Elvis was a cult of personality to a much greater degree than he was a traditional rock'n'roll star. The dude, even today, is a virtual religious figure to millions. It's mind boggling.

A singer like Sinatra, on the other hand... His popularity was virtually all in the voice.

Didn't Nixon get the same treatment from the left by promoting Johnny Cash? Maybe a better presidential historian, can confirm this.

Back