Elections Susan Collins was re-elected despite not leading one poll for the entire cycle..

2016 wasn’t that bad aside from 2-3 states. 2020 is bad though, like across the board off beyond margin of error. I won’t rely on it until I see at least one presidential race go smoothly or at least a midterm.

Graham also won easily in his state but that one was suppose to be close.
I'm in much the same boat.

Polls don't mean shit. We learned that in 2016, yet some were swearing that the 2020 polls were "different", when they actually turned out to be worse. Pretty dangerous to the integrity of elections when the media flaunts biased polls like that.

Might be time for pollsters to learn to code.

Polling only seems to work in estimating the national vote. When it comes to distinct states/districts, there seems to be no consistency whatsoever.
Doesn't work there either. They were all off from anywhere between 5-12 points, and all in the same direction.

Pollsters is as useless as people who do MMaths

The Shy Trumper theory may have been somewhat correct. It wasn't enough for the presidency though as the dislike for Trump was stronger.

2016 wasn’t that bad aside from 2-3 states. 2020 is bad though, like across the board off beyond margin of error. I won’t rely on it until I see at least one presidential race go smoothly or at least a midterm.

Graham also won easily in his state but that one was suppose to be close.

That was surprising. I thought Graham was despised and Harrison ran a great campaign. SC really doesn't like Democrats. Republicans need to get their shit together and primary this guy.

That was surprising. I thought Graham was despised and Harrison ran a great campaign. SC really doesn't like Democrats. Republicans need to get their shit together and primary this guy.

I don’t see him going anywhere for awhile. Maybe if a different administration comes along, he could get a cabinet seat one day but that’s too far to foresee

I don’t see him going anywhere for awhile. Maybe if a different administration comes along, he could get a cabinet seat one day but that’s too far to foresee

Kinda sucks for Harrison, he could make waves if he were from a more Democrat friendly state.

Kinda sucks for Harrison, he could make waves if he were from a more Democrat friendly state.

It seems like there’s a few cases like that the party has. People like Beto, Abrams, Buttigieg, and Harrison are all kinda fucked unless they get to leapfrog into an cabinet type position.

It seems like there’s a few cases like that the party has. People like Beto, Abrams, Buttigieg, and Harrison are all kinda fucked unless they get to leapfrog into an cabinet type position.

Beto likely would've won if he weren't so anti-gun. That's his own fault. How do you campaign on a gun ban in fucking Texas?

Beto likely would've won if he weren't so anti-gun. That's his own fault. How do you campaign on a gun ban in fucking Texas?

He’s probably a person who couldn’t separate personal views with political stances. He probably does think guns are very bad for the country and they need banned for the most part. It definitely isn’t a politically sound position, especially in that state.

He’s probably a person who couldn’t separate personal views with political stances. He probably does think guns are very bad for the country and they need banned for the most part. It definitely isn’t a politically sound position, especially in that state.
eh, he was just trying to exploit the school shooting situation at the time. He'll find some other cause to leech off soon.

Imagine if Republicans underperformed thousands of independent and nonpartisan polls in almost every single state.

The accusations of voter fraud would be endless.

eh, he was just trying to exploit the school shooting situation at the time. He'll find some other cause to leech off soon.

Man, a school shooting feels like forever ago now. Strange how much 2020 has brought us to not even be hearing about gun control much at all now. For awhile, it was a central issue.

Even if he thinks that, he should've known better than to voice it and make it part of his plan. It's like with gay marriage. You know Obama and Biden almost certainly supported it in 2008 but they never came out and said it until the majority of the public was in favor of it.

Imagine if Republicans underperformed thousands of independent and nonpartisan polls in almost every single state.

The accusations of voter fraud would be endless.

I have seen instances on here where a poster will say polls suck and don’t work but then cite them when it’s convenient to them. I’m thinking VivaR was a big offender in that cause he wouldn’t accept data that reflected poorly on Bernie but would make entire threads about some specific poll where Bernie did well. I guess my stance has become more complicated since so maybe I wasn’t seeing an underlying principle he was using there.

Even if he thinks that, he should've known better than to voice it and make it part of his plan. It's like with gay marriage. You know Obama and Biden almost certainly supported it in 2008 but they never came out and said it until the majority of the public was in favor of it.

Yea, not politically savvy. What’s funny is we as voters want these authentic candidates who don’t just repeat the same talking points and our “real” yet there are so many taboos that really do sink then if they say the wrong position. You can’t really have it both ways with that. Or I suppose they want authenticity where it completely aligns with what we want. There’s more risk than reward with it.

Something rare happened therefor statistics are fake.
I am king of the humans :p

Back