1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Elections Susan Collins was re-elected despite not leading one poll for the entire cycle..

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Deadwing88, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Deadwing88 Lion of Panjshir.

The polling industry should cease to exist, after this election.. lmao.

2. Queen B Fully Vaccinated Double Yellow Card

@Seano explain yourself

She is the reason we lost the senate

3. Seano Hands of bone

I predicted she'd win in a landslide a year ago. No one in Maine has been polled by anyone. The numbers were fiction.

4. Kandyland Banned Banned

Yup. The pollster retards failed for the 2nd straight election. Its becoming embarrassing.

Philo-Publius and HockeyBjj like this.
  5. Seano Hands of bone

We like her up here. I told you.

Fluffernutter likes this.
  6. Armbars Innate Immunity Belt

polling data huh?

never trusted it, never will.

7. TheGreatA Gold Belt

Polling only seems to work in estimating the national vote. When it comes to distinct states/districts, there seems to be no consistency whatsoever.

ookii, hillelslovak87 and Shoemaker like this.
  8. Yehudim Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Unfortunately the real life experience of people can’t be translated into a “”“scientific””” poll.

I’m critical of “dude trust me” but in some cases, people on the ground can see something that pollsters can’t

G-19, HockeyBjj and Khabib Khanate like this.
  9. Lead /Led/ blanket Platinum Member

2016 wasn’t that bad aside from 2-3 states. 2020 is bad though, like across the board off beyond margin of error. I won’t rely on it until I see at least one presidential race go smoothly or at least a midterm.

Graham also won easily in his state but that one was suppose to be close.

10. Seano Hands of bone

I really feel like there was sort of an attempt at soft voter suppression in this election. "Trump is 14 points behind, why bother going out to vote?"

Polls I saw had Collins behind by 10 points. She actually won by 10. That is a massive amount off to be just a statistical anomaly.

11. Beechwood Brown Belt

Years ago I pretty much stopped reading most polls. I suspect polls are used by the corrupt press in hopes of suppressing the vote of conservatives.

12. Deadwing88 Lion of Panjshir.

All the more hilarious as the grifters at the Lincoln Project spent a significant amount of time and money trying to tarnish her reputation..

I mean they portray themselves as anti Trump republicans, with a aim of moderating the GOP.. yet go after the party's most bipartisan senator.

Seano and Lead like this.
  13. Teppodama Silver Belt

People have learned its preferable to lie to pollsters, especially if you are a conservative voter. That will not change but likely continue to happen if not actually increase.

Oceanmachine likes this.
  14. Seano Hands of bone

More out of state money than any election in history was thrown at Sara Gideon and she still got wrecked.

15. MilesAbove Steel Belt

Hopefully it's the end of Nate Silver

This attitude is exactly why they don't work. YOu need public trust in polling and pollers to gain proper insight. Half the nation lives by an alternate reality and many don't respond to polls.

Oceanmachine likes this.
  16. Lead /Led/ blanket Platinum Member

Yea, the Lincoln project went farther than being antiTrump. Just seems like their confused republicans at this point with what they’ve been going for. If they had directed it all at Trump, it would’ve made more sense.

Oceanmachine likes this.
  17. BlacknBlue Green Belt

I would not say confused Republicans. I would say they are scared Republicans, trying to hedge their future as they buy into the “inevitable” demographic destiny takeover by the DNC.

Keep everything about Trump the same, but have the polls show Trump comfortably in the lead instead of Biden, and I don’t think The Lincoln Project would exist.

Oceanmachine and Denter like this.
  18. Deadwing88 Lion of Panjshir.

I think they've realised that their ideology (Bush era neoconservatism) will never again be the majority opinion within the GOP.. and have now decided to go scorched earth against the party..

Oceanmachine and Lead like this.
  19. Lead /Led/ blanket Platinum Member

When did they start? Last year? I don’t know their real intentions. I just don’t think it adds up with what the initial premise was. This election has a lot to chew on though. Trump was criticized in 2016 for steering them back to a strategy of driving up the white vote enough to still win and that would keep the GOP longer on a trajectory of not hedging on outreach to other groups. Then 2020 happens where he loses.... but he outperforms with Hispanic and black voters. What type of lesson does either position take from that? I mean, there must be certain issues that the GOP already can focus and hedge on to improve in those margins but I don’t think it’s entirely clear what it was yet. I’m sure there will be a lot on it in the next year.

20. Lead /Led/ blanket Platinum Member

Possibly. I don’t know the founders well but the party has shifted somewhat since Bush on international relations/ trade and somewhat foreign policy.