Survey Closed! Here are the Results!

Kyuktooki

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I closed the survey this morning because apparently the site I used will only let you view the first 200 responses and I was at 184. I used the site to generate a report quickly with the raw data.
Qualtrics Survey Software

I can try doing some number crunching with the results later but only white belts and blue belts have a sample size big enough that doing any fancy stats might be worthwhile. I'd also have to go to one of my university's computer labs to use SPSS. I don't know how soon I can do that so I will probably leave y'all with just the report now and if anyone is super interested in more advanced stats like regression they can let me know on this thread.

Been a long time since college stats class but your survey looks well set up.

You could put months too? Damn, now I feel like I've sold myself short :p

Also, lol @ guys saying "The sodimizer, because I like fucking dudes." as a favorite submission.

Could you present the results a bit better? eg. Listing the consensus order of preferred positions, as opposed to just a table of percentages where it's not so clear which order has been indicated.

Interesting survey though. Surprised about some of the opinions shown.

Could you present the results a bit better? eg. Listing the consensus order of preferred positions, as opposed to just a table of percentages where it's not so clear which order has been indicated.

Interesting survey though. Surprised about some of the opinions shown.

Yeah... the options qualtrics gives me for presenting ranking questions are not particularly pretty. I can add graphs but trust me when I tell you that it looks just as muddled. I don't know a whole lot about how to present scale type questions in a pretty way in SPSS because my field rarely uses those type of questions (in fact I can not even think of a single instance of having seen it used off the top of my head).
I actually put this survey together in one hour while quite exhausted from a long Saturday. I thought it was not bad considering.

are you guys mental? how can you prefer guard over sidecontrol or mount, backmount, knee on belly or top-halfguard?

and seriously that many homophobes?

Armbar as the strongest consensus high percentage sub?
Closed guard as the very clear favorite guard?

This is some scary shit right here.

are you guys mental? how can you prefer guard over sidecontrol or mount, backmount, knee on belly or top-halfguard?

and seriously that many homophobes?

With "you guys" he means the 7.22% that thought guard was the best possible position to be in.

that many people would roll with someone on steroids? wtf!

Wow @ some of the responses.

Yeah I was a bit surprised as well. I put the homophobia question on there because of a question my cousin asked (he is gay). I was curious about views of rolling with women since it has been an issue for my wife (she does not train anymore). I asked about HGH and steroids because of a comment Kesting made in one of his mailing.
I was curious about the weight issue since I am a big guy.

The homophobia response was actually better than I thought although I can see others interpreting it the other way.

I actually thought less people would disapprove of steroids and HGH despite the fact that I don't like them.

My opinion on grappling with steroid abusers: Good, because it's a harder physical task for you, it will make you work harder. They are the ones that are risking their health and/or competition eligibility, whereas you can take advantage in order to improve yourself. It's sorta analogous to adding a little bit more weight to how much you bench. I say "why not?".

My opinion on grappling with steroid abusers: Good, because it's a harder physical task for you, it will make you work harder. They are the ones that are risking their health and/or competition eligibility, whereas you can take advantage in order to improve yourself. It's sorta analogous to adding a little bit more weight to how much you bench. I say "why not?".

I agree this is kind of what I was thinking. Anyway there is a pretty good chance someone at your gym is on something even if you don't know it.

I'm actually glad that more people would roll with gays than with people using steroids. I've rolled with someone using steroids and it sucks, and I've never rolled with a gay person but I assume it's fine provided they don't like it rough.

Back