Surprising places guns are banned -- by Republicans

Most of the places listed are government sites... like the Presidential Library, for instance.. that's a federal building.

Most of the places listed are government sites... like the Presidential Library, for instance.. that's a federal building.

Were there any other gov buildings listed besides congress and town halls? And even then it sounds like not all town halls ban them, but Rand Paul and Allen West prohibited them.

I think they should ban guns. After that they should ban drugs.

Were there any other gov buildings listed besides congress and town halls? And even then it sounds like not all town halls ban them, but Rand Paul and Allen West prohibited them.

Well, for one, where Presidential candidates will be, those areas are protected by the secret service. That's one solid reason why it would say no guns. Mainly because the secret service would make it a point to be the only ones armed.

I'd be worried in a room full of guns with the liberals killing everyone lately, too.

I thought it would have been at church for sure. :D

This is so dumb.

(1) Obviously Gun Shows aren't "Gun-Free Zones". :rolleyes: They ban loading the guns, and anyone familiar with gun safety understands why.
(2) Banning weapons at special events with guests who require additional security (like those with prominent political figures) is commonplace. Same goes for sporting events like the Olympics or many other events. So political rallies, town hall meetings, campaign stops, and conventions aren't some sort of special deviation.
(3) The NRA nor Republicans set the policy of the Bridgestone Arena.

Trump golf courses and the Presidential library don't have any peculiar justification, though. So those are well-raised.

If the argument is for the sensibility of certain zones being gun-free, then the article succeeds in showing why this makes sense, but what it doesn't show is hypocrisy; this is attributing a strawman to the Republican Party since this isn't the formal position of the RNC.

(3) The NRA nor Republicans set the policy of the Bridgestone Arena.

Considering that they compile a list of celebrities who are pro-gun control and encourage people to boycott their movies, you'd think it would be ideologically consistent for them to do business with Arenas who are anti-gun control.

you're stunting your growth reading that shit, you didn't think this was interesting, if you'd have taken time to even think about it you wouldn't have made a thread

now please tell my you regurgitated post 9 out of that article as well

you're stunting your growth reading that shit, you didn't think this was interesting, if you'd have taken time to even think about it you wouldn't have made a thread

now please tell my you regurgitated post 9 out of that article as well

Your illiteracy is confusing me. Do you mean the ninth bullet point on the list? I never once mentioned the GOP debates in this thread.

ban the Secret Service and force all presidents to open carry.

Your illiteracy is confusing me. Do you mean the ninth bullet point on the list? I never once mentioned the GOP debates in this thread.

My illiteracy?
now please tell my you regurgitated post 9
this one

Considering that they compile a list of celebrities who are pro-gun control and encourage people to boycott their movies, you'd think it would be ideologically consistent for them to do business with Arenas who are anti-gun control.

So they're gun lobby pandering hypocrites - who would have thunk it? I mean, hey - everybody else can be surrounded by guns, but no guns around us in case some nutter wants to shoot us up. All you other suckers are free to be targets though.

My illiteracy?
this one

Oh, that. That makes even less sense as something that would stir up your anger.

It's strange to me that NRA supporters wouldn't demand that they be ideologically consistent regarding who they support economically. Boycotting actors while doing business with an arena that mandates a gun-free zone... it's a point that I'd like to hear more about. I'm assuming you're an NRA supporter. Why are you okay with that?

My illiteracy?

Also, yes, "'now please tell my you regurgitated post 9" has an obvious problem, before you get too high and mighty. Aside from "my" (me why?), "regurgitating" suggests I'm repeating something I've heard before, but I haven't heard many questions about who NRA supporters choose to boycott and who they support. Is this a common criticism of them?

Oh, that. That makes even less sense as something that would stir up your anger.

It's strange to me that NRA supporters wouldn't demand that they be ideologically consistent regarding who they support economically. Boycotting actors while doing business with an arena that mandates a gun-free zone... it's a point that I'd like to hear more about. I'm assuming you're an NRA supporter. Why are you okay with that?

There was no anger, I just think it's stupid...even for think progress. I was also telling you I didn't bother to read the article and was hoping you didn't come up with that one on your own.

Anyway, I don't do the group think thing. The world is not that black and white, the gray areas make up too much space. If you'll notice boycotting doesn't really work for conservatives, I suppose it's because they don't have a natural vindictive mentality and don't fall for the same being told what to think and how to act that makes it work for liberal causes.

To your question, I'm grateful for everything the NRA has done but I couldn't give a rats ass about this (if it's even a point they made) or whatever stance they take.
If I wanted to take a family member to a concert they or I really wanted to see, at a venue that doesn't allow guns, who would I be hurting by not going? Thats stupid

Now I do vote with my pocket book, however 9 times out of 10 that is due to a personal experience. If a vendor, business, company or whatever treats me well acts like they care about my business, I spend money there. Just like I avoid places that don't, I don't like this mentality that tries to to control how other people think using those other bullshit tactics.

Also, yes, "'now please tell my you regurgitated post 9" has an obvious problem, before you get too high and mighty. Aside from "my" (me why?), "regurgitating" suggests I'm repeating something I've heard before, but I haven't heard many questions about who NRA supporters choose to boycott and who they support. Is this a common criticism of them?

wouldn't it be easier just to admit you fucked up reading...literacy
better yet quit trying to act smart. I'll share another business lesson with you, I never hire people that try to make themselves look better by knocking their competitor

and yes I realized I typed my not me when I re-quoted it....spelling, but it was too late to fix it then

Back