Surprising historical facts that most don't know

Billy Dee Williams wore blackface to portray Lando Calrissian in the Star Wars movies. He is in fact a pale white actor primarily of Norwegian descent.

Thats not true. And the same can be said for your other posts.

People like to cite this fact as if it is some kind of absolution for American slavery. However, a lesser known fact is that in Africa, slaves were not treated like they were here. They were treated much better in Africa.

From Wiki:

"Although archaeological evidence is not clear on the issue prior to European contact, in those societies which practiced human sacrifice, slaves became the most prominent victims."

We elected a president, and a pretty good one at that, who couldn't get it up due to complications from 19th century surgery to his junk region.

A woman ran the federal government for most of 1920.

Two of the stars of running man served as governor of a us state. One of the others hosted the family feud and another was the an nfl record holder for a while. That opera guy eventually served on the board of directors at Microsoft, in the mid 90s.

Unless they have corpses on the microsoft board of directors then I am calling bullshit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erland_Van_Lidth_De_Jeude

The opera guy was the same guy who played Terror the leader of the Fordham baldies in the Wanderers:

082508_1847_Nobodyeffsw1_2.jpg

Did you know the ancient Egyptians weren't all that old?

Whitney was an amazing person and artist, and I stress the word; ARTIST,
It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album, titled, simply WHITNEY HOUSTON

Wrong thread? Wrong website?

I sit down for my first pee of the day.

Whitney was an amazing person and artist, and I stress the word; ARTIST,
It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album, titled, simply WHITNEY HOUSTON

Whitney was the whitest black person who ever existed.

If you eat the following in this order; An apple , 2 grapes, a slice of bread, another apple, half a lemon and a teaspoon of butter, you will be able to see in the dark for 5 minutes.

The ancient Chinese used baby urine as mouthwash.

Earth used to have 8 planets

Hummingbirds do not give you hummers. If you try, you will end up in the hospital with perforations to your ego.

Do people actually realise that slavery has been around for a looooooooooooooooooong time and was all over the world?

Some people seem to think the US is the only place that did it.

Back