Economy Surprise! That 'cheap' immigrant labor costs us a lot

But if you get rid of illegal immigration, wages will go up, and products will cost more.

Sound familiar?
I don’t have a problem with this. Allowing illegals to work here is tipping the scales in the favor of employers. I’m not against subsidizing farmers when needed but weakening the bargaining power of the American worker is not the right way to do it. Let the market figure it out.

I think you should rephrase that. I think it’s possible for our farms to function while documenting people entering our country to work. Business should have to prove that they need workers from foreign countries by offering a competitive wage benefits safety standards etc . This idea that we have to let employers do whatever they want cuz we can’t pay a little more for oranges seems hyperbolic to me.
They would have to let them in pretty fast...I mean the system would have to change in order to get such mass documented people to come work the farms here....So basically it will be the same system except now the illegals would be legal.

The point I was making, was that Americans are not going to keep big AG alive....I mean unless wages go up to $20 or something higher..I don't see Americans wanting these jobs.

They would have to let them in pretty fast...I mean the system would have to change in order to get such mass documented people to come work the farms here....So basically it will be the same system except now the illegals would be legal.

The point I was making, was that Americans are not going to keep big AG alive....I mean unless wages go up to $20 or something higher..I don't see Americans wanting these jobs.
If you document them and keep everything above board workers can come in when it’s proven that Americans can’t get it done for a reasonable wage and then go home. What we have now is a shit show.
I don’t have a problem with wages going up.

If you document them and keep everything above board workers can come in when it’s proven that Americans can’t get it done for a reasonable wage and then go home. What we have now is a shit show.
I don’t have a problem with wages going up.
I agree something needs to change..Corporations need to start getting in huge trouble for this.

I don't agree on the "then go home" part......I feel Amnesty has to happen with all the illegals here already, most of already have lives here.....If they become legal, pretty much everybody wins IMO thus we won't need some worker guest program.

Or if you do want the "then go home" part...perhaps we should offer residents, after they complete 2-3 years of work and going home? as a reward if they were good guest in our country?

I agree something needs to change..Corporations need to start getting in huge trouble for this.

I don't agree on the "then go home" part......I feel Amnesty has to happen with all the illegals here already, most of already have lives here.....If they become legal, pretty much everybody wins IMO thus we won't need some worker guest program.

Or if you do want the "then go home" part...perhaps we should offer residents, after they complete 2-3 years of work and going home? as a reward if they were good guest in our country?
I’d imagine plenty of people would want to go home to their families. It’s not like leaving your homeland is an easy thing to do. But once you’ve made it over the border why risk going back?
I don’t look at it as helping foreigners find jobs. If it’s beneficial to us do it the right way. I don’t know a lot about picking fruit because I’ve never done that but Americans can wash dishes and move boxes just fine.

Surprise!
@abiG with his shitty sources again!!!

Give us some peer reviewed studies instead of right wing think tank crap

The best way to fight illegal immigration is to go after the people who employ them.

Back