Economy Surprise! That 'cheap' immigrant labor costs us a lot

I would do that job right now for $17 an hour. That's almost what I make to sit, get fat, and age my skin in front of a computer.

I mean if you don't have a job to start with $17 is pretty good deal. Of course the job is going to be hard, but beggers can be choosers.

It's just amazes me how some Americans act.

I would do that job right now for $17 an hour. That's almost what I make to sit, get fat, and age my skin in front of a computer.
It wouldnt be that bad if u werent working 5 times a week and 8+ hours a day bending over and shit..all that could eventually lead to nagging pains later on.

Fact is, Americans don't want these jobs..I mean maybe if it went up to $20 an hour..people will do it but then Merricans would cry about burgers/vegies/fruits/etc costing a shitload...either way Merricans will be bitching.

Fact is..if you wanna stop illegal immigration, you gotta go after the corporations who hire them..you need to check the working agencies who have illegals....legit companies like taylor farms hire the agencies to send these people with fake socials..its a 100% workaround so taylor farms can play stupid and act as if they didn't know since there real full time employees.....the funny thing is, taylor farms has a union but these agencies surely take away leverage from the union, but the union doesn't attack them for that...its ridiculous, taylor farms/union are obviously in bed together imo.

Look..most illegals are law abiding citizens but they can easily exploit our shitty system if they wanted to...like I said before, some illegals put like a billion depedents(all bullshit) so they wont get that much money taken away fron each check...its bullshit.

Having said that, going after corporations would stop this.....Coporations exploiting illegals>Individual fraud cause by illegals

I wonder why the republican business owners continue hiring them... Romney, Trump lol

Also, humor me. How will the wall stop illegals from coming here again?
Well it sure does a lot better than open field ...

Ask Israel and Hungary, who since having built their walls, have reduced their illegal immigration to about 0%.

This isn't true and you know it, we've been over this before.

It's funny how you goofs who constantly whine about propaganda and brainwashing will stick to your guns despite evidence that contradicts you.

This is an anti-immigration advocacy group. Surprise!
Anti-tax advocacy groups also tell us that taxes are bad...always. Every tax. Surprise!

You have to account for the material wealth they produce; particularly the increased investment power and financial capital they contribute to employers due to the low wages they incur. You can't just add up taxes they pay indirectly (like sales tax). Look at this:

So what? They're almost to the man in the poorest earners bracket. The poorest brackets pay a marginal effective income tax rate in the first place-- if any at all:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_income_tax

It doesn't look at the profits they generate for the private sector outside this spending. They consume goods. They enrich businesses. Those businesses then pay taxes into the system.

Just eyeball that report it was an obviously stacked deck as I would have expected from a lobbyist think tank.

I came here to say this basically, another biased conservative study that only examines the fiscal cost while completely ignoring the actual economic contributions.

That´s because Hungary was never the final destination. It was a country they passed through to get to western Europe. When Hungry made it harder they found other routes.
Yes, of course.

You are one step below the natural born citizens from illegal aliens in my book.

As long as I’m still American, that’s all I needed to hear from you. Thank you.

I asked you nicely to not be obtuse, but far be it from me to get in the way of a man so hell bent and determined...

Why throw an opinion in a discussion forum if you cant back it up?

You claim illegals "steal the wealth by taking it home" as if it meant something, or was even possible in the first place.

You claim illegals "steal the wealth by taking it home" as if it meant something, or was even possible in the first place.
That storyline is bullshit too.

Many illegals stay here in the USA and spend a shitload here too.

So he is exaggerating, saying most illegals send their lion share of money to mexico lol....Most illegals want to stay in America thus they spend a shitload here..just because they send some money to their grandma, doesn't mean they don't buy food,clothes,etc in the USA or dont pay rent/buy houses lol.

Yes, of course.

Actually the truth of the matter is that the migrant path was cut off before that.. 98-99% of immigrants were stopped before they got to Hungary.

Turkey reached an agreement with the EU and stopped letting them cross the Bosphorus, which is why the majority started crossing via boat and landing in Italy.

So he is exaggerating, saying most illegals send their lion share of money to mexico lol....Most illegals want to stay in America thus they spend a shitload here..just because they send some money to their grandma, doesn't mean they don't buy food,clothes,etc in the USA or dont pay rent/buy houses lol.

Even if they spent zero dollars its still a non-issue.

Economic output is far more important than money.

Closing down a factory and opening up elsewhere, thats losing output (although efficiency gains usually make up for it), wiring money isnt.

Even if they spent zero dollars its still a non-issue.

Economic output is far more important than money.

Closing down a factory and opening up elsewhere, thats losing output (although efficiency gains usually make up for it), wiring money isnt.
I agree...Big Agriculture in the USA would be dead or near dead without undocumented people.

I think the almost hysterical apprehension about improving our border wall is as weird as it gets. What a dumb thing to argue against, improving the country's security.

Especially given every democrat candidate was talking about improving border security in 2012.

It's literally just reactionary 'Trump wants it? Then we must resist!' tribal politics dressed up as tolerance.

Just for future reference, those bunny-ear things you used there are called quotation marks. They are used to quote something. The words you put within them are not a quote.

Again, I will KINDLY ask you to stop being obtuse.

I agree...Big Agriculture in the USA would be dead or near dead without undocumented people.
I think you should rephrase that. I think it’s possible for our farms to function while documenting people entering our country to work. Business should have to prove that they need workers from foreign countries by offering a competitive wage benefits safety standards etc . This idea that we have to let employers do whatever they want cuz we can’t pay a little more for oranges seems hyperbolic to me.

You don't have to be an economist to realize that importing a ton of unskilled labour is going to hurt the economy, especially when a lot of that money earned is being sent back to Mexico.

But if you get rid of illegal immigration, wages will go up, and products will cost more.

Sound familiar?

I think you should rephrase that. I think it’s possible for our farms to function while documenting people entering our country to work. Business should have to prove that they need workers from foreign countries by offering a competitive wage benefits safety standards etc . This idea that we have to let employers do whatever they want cuz we can’t pay a little more for oranges seems hyperbolic to me.

Only with tariffs. Which we already use to protect our agriculture industry.

Just for future reference, those bunny-ear things you used there are called quotation marks. They are used to quote something. The words you put within them are not a quote.

Again, I will KINDLY ask you to stop being obtuse.

They can be used as euphemism.

Also you may want to look in the dictionary what obtuse means, also you could actually engage in a meaningful conversation by explaining what did you actually meant when you said specially if its sent to Mexico.

Back