Economy Surprise! That 'cheap' immigrant labor costs us a lot

You mean not retarded?

I mean, if money is what made an economy strong Venezuela and Zimbabwe are richest beyond our wildest dreams i mean...

Zimbabwe_%24100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

Money is worthless without economic output, the US dollar as a piece of paper is useless, its only worth when its spent.

I asked you nicely to not be obtuse, but far be it from me to get in the way of a man so hell bent and determined...

Who said a wall or a fence is the end all to stop illegal immigration, no one.

It’s one step in many that need to be taken.

So answer up liberals if we can push through laws that would make it all most impossible for illegals (including over stays) to get a job are you going to support it?

I’m talking shoring up e verify and huge fines for anyone knowingly hiring someone here illegals. Also they would use the same e verify for any government benefits.

Then any illegals with criminal records get kicked out.

Also overstay becomes a felony after 30 days so they get kicked out.

This along with wall/fences in places as well as a big increase in border and port security.

What say you democrates here?
I have always said if you seriously want to stop illegal immigration, fine the shit out of those who hire them. YOu want to know why we have never seen a bill passed that seriously fines, (not talking small fine but substantial) is because the people that will get fined also donate a shit ton of money to the people that write the laws.
The Lawmakers don't want to piss off those who give them money so we gets walls and other bones thrown to the Rubes, all the while the same people who hire them will just figure out another way to get them here.
Until money is out of politics, you and I will be dead before we see any meaningful law passed the severely penalize those who hire illegals.

I grew up in Delaware, which has the highest chicken to person ratio in the US. The chicken plants there know when immigration is coming. Those days the plants are empty. I have two relatives that are safety inspectors at those plants. They used to laugh and joke at reunions, that when the walked into the plant and hardly anyone was there, they knew immigration was showing up sometime that day.
You seriously want to end immigration, well if nobody hires them they wont want to come.

I wonder why the republican business owners continue hiring them... Romney, Trump lol

Also, humor me. How will the wall stop illegals from coming here again?
How do they work in every other country that uses them successfully?

Do you honestly think that Trump didn’t know his companies hired illegals? By this same token are you going to argue that all the CEO’s of chicken processors, large farming operations, golf course owners etc have no idea that they have illegals working for them because they don’t do the hiring? Is it possible that all the rich business owners have no idea that their companies are employing illegal immigrants?
Yeah is some nefarious Jr. executive hiring all the illegals even though he knows it will get the company in trouble.
The mental gymnastics some posters perform in here on a daily basis is fucking amazing.

Yeah.. Laugh at yourself pretending it wouldn't deter casual crossing, or make it more difficult. People are less likely to do something if it's more difficult. Of course coyotes still help, tunnels are attempted, and very tall ladders used.. But don't even pretend it wouldn't make it more difficult for many.

Stupid people thinking they are smart for avoiding common sense in favor of political hackery again.. Just another day with the worlds best unwitting Republican shills here on sherdog.
Its weird to see people pretending that our porous border is not inviting to illegal border crossers. An agreed upon deliberate ignorance, I guess.

Sure you do.

The year previous to building the fence, Hungary had over 400 000 people filter through a 210 km border with Serbia. The year after that number was down in the thousands.

Now granted they have a fence in conjunction with electronic surveillance and irregular patrols, but the physical barrier is the foundation of their secured border. As is the case with any and every secured perimeter. Fucking duh! They also have migrant cops (not sure what they're called) actively patrolling and deporting.

Anyone dreaming of a single faceted solution is delusional, and the same goes for open border folks or those against building obstructions.

That´s because Hungary was never the final destination. It was a country they passed through to get to western Europe. When Hungry made it harder they found other routes.

Its weird to see people pretending that our porous border is not inviting to illegal border crossers. An agreed upon deliberate ignorance, I guess.

It´s weird that people are so obsessed with the wall. Most illegals are through overstayed visas. Illegals will keep coming as long as people hire them (this includes Trump).. But pandering to a low IQ base, I guess the scary brown people at the border boogeyman was a lot easier to sell than more complex problems/solutions.

It´s weird that people are so obsessed with the wall. Most illegals are through overstayed visas. Illegals will keep coming as long as people hire them (this includes Trump).. But pandering to a low IQ base, I guess the scary brown people at the border boogeyman was a lot easier to sell than more complex problems/solutions.
I think the almost hysterical apprehension about improving our border wall is as weird as it gets. What a dumb thing to argue against, improving the country's security.

We need to focus on the people hiring them. If they can’t get jobs they won’t come. If we really need a bunch of extra people when the oranges come in let them in temporarily and then they go home. Finger print them. Anyone who violates that is no longer eligible for temporary work.

I’ve always come out and said we need illegals in some form or fashion to keep necessary things affordable. Every rich nation in the world uses some kind of secondary labor force. In the ME you a large range of Asian (Filipinos, India, Chinese etc) and poor Muslims that make up the labor forces. Europe used to have Poland and other poor Eastern European countries.

It’s just a fact of life, the least we can do is recognize these peoples and make life a little less difficult for them.
We can let a certain amount of people in but we should be in charge of it.

You suck here. Your second sentence was "Oh it's exactly the same?" Like you were responding to me saying it was exactly the same. See, I didn't say it was exactly the same, did I? Obviously, to anybody using their brain, I was indicating that tall walls with barbed wire are not always easy for the average person to scale. Or for a family with small children. Obviously there would be a higher success rate at the border than in prison, and more avenues to get over, but any idiot would realize that I know that, and was making a general and broad analogy.

If you aren't keeping up, here's what kind of idiot you just were: Person A asks "how do we blast off into space?" person B says "The same way we shoot bottle rockets up in the air," person C (YOU) says "Oh really? It's the EXACT same technology that gets bottle rockets in the air, and real rockets into space??" Person D says "duhhh You let him off easy for saying a bottle rocket is the EXACT same tech as a space rocket duhhh." YOU then indicate the person who understands the basics of propulsion is being roasted. No.

'Oooh what an utter DESTRUCTION of a LOW LEVEL poster! Hee-haaaaaw he-haaaaaw' - Leagon.

I think the almost hysterical apprehension about improving our border wall is as weird as it gets. What a dumb thing to argue against, improving the country's security.
Maybe people just think there are better and more cost effective ways of doing it. The wall is catering to morons

Maybe people just think there are better and more cost effective ways of doing it. The wall is catering to morons
How come they work pretty much everywhere else in the world? Why was the new wall in San Diego so effective?

The wall on its own isn't a solution but anyone who does literally a single google search can find that our border barriers are inadequate. An improved barrier along with stronger border control will lead to more people being caught and/or deterred.

You don't care about the cost, BTW. Stop pretending that an issue for you. We spend 10 times the cost of the wall in illegal immigration each year. The fact that you want to explore basically any option aside from improving the actual physical barrier reveals an agenda, IMO.

'Oooh what an utter DESTRUCTION of a LOW LEVEL poster! Hee-haaaaaw he-haaaaaw' - Leagon.
That's their trick. They're stupid kids pretending to be smart. It's 7-8 of the far lefties on this board that do this all the time.

You don't have to be an economist to realize that importing a ton of unskilled labour is going to hurt the economy, especially when a lot of that money earned is being sent back to Mexico.

Funny thing is, alot of Americans won't do the job they do. Their excuse is that the industries the immigrants work in don't pay enough which is a lie they use to not work.

I remember here in AZ, the farmers were paying $17 hour to pick produce since their was a shortage of immigrants . The owners said that Americans only lasted a week before quitting.

Smh.

Funny thing is, alot of Americans won't do the job they do. Their excuse is that the industries the immigrants work in don't pay enough which is a lie they use to not work.

I remember here in AZ, the farmers were paying $17 hour to pick produce since their was a shortage of immigrants . The owners said that Americans only lasted a week before quitting.

Smh.
I would do that job right now for $17 an hour. That's almost what I make to sit, get fat, and age my skin in front of a computer.

Back