Economy Surprise! That 'cheap' immigrant labor costs us a lot

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
We have been assured by the MSM, liberal indoctrination centers, twitter trolls and their stereotypes on this board, that illegal immigration is somehow profitable. I always found this amusing.

Anyways, the figures are in:

A 2017 study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) found that illegal aliens cost the American taxpayer — on net — $116 billion a year.

That’s pretty high, but the actual number is more likely triple that....

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigra...ise-that-cheap-immigrant-labor-costs-us-a-lot

The article points out as well some additional costs that are rearly mentioned.

And what was the tab of illegal immigration to the family of Kate Steinle, the young woman shot dead by an illegal immigrant in San Francisco in 2015?

And:

In Maine, overdose deaths from opioids, mostly Mexican heroin, have skyrocketed in the last decade, up from an already catastrophic 100 to 200 deaths per year to more than double that — 418 in 2018.

How much for that wall again?

How much to implement Eisenhower's solution?

You don't have to be an economist to realize that importing a ton of unskilled labour is going to hurt the economy, especially when a lot of that money earned is being sent back to Mexico.

I wonder why the republican business owners continue hiring them... Romney, Trump lol

Also, humor me. How will the wall stop illegals from coming here again?

Ask Israel and Hungary, who since having built their walls, have reduced their illegal immigration to about 0%.

Ask Israel and Hungary, who since having built their walls, have reduced their illegal immigration to about 0%.

Definitely the exact same situations... Definitely

But back to the question since i don't have access to people from Hungary or Israel. How exactly is the wall going to stop illegal immigration?

Also, why does Trump hire illegals. 2 questions posed to you sir... Care to answer either?

I wonder why the republican business owners continue hiring them... Romney, Trump lol

To be fair this is an issue on both sides of the aisle. The Republicans are hypocrites for blasting illegal immigrants while happily hiring them ahead of the Americans they claim to support, and many supposedly compassionate left leaning people are quick to answer "But who will pick the lettuce?" when asked about deportation, revealing that they basically think of them like some sort of lower servant class that's basically fit to clean toilets. Attitudes around illegal immigration are ugly all around.

To be fair this is an issue on both sides of the aisle. The Republicans are hypocrites for blasting illegal immigrants while happily hiring them ahead of the Americans they claim to support, and many supposedly compassionate left leaning people are quick to answer "But who will pick the lettuce?" when asked about deportation, revealing that they basically think of them like some sort of lower servant class that's basically fit to clean toilets. Attitudes around illegal immigration are ugly all around.

Right but I asked TS 2 questions and he wont answer either of them. Makes me sad

If the top 1% of the the top 1% like it then it must be good.

200w.webp

Conservatism is a mental illness. New studies have proved it. A perfect example here of how the chicken is separate from the egg. Right wing not getting it

Definitely the exact same situations... Definitely

But back to the question since i don't have access to people from Hungary or Israel. How exactly is the wall going to stop illegal immigration?

Also, why does Trump hire illegals. 2 questions posed to you sir... Care to answer either?

Same way walls stop people from breaking out of prison.

Conservatism is a mental illness. New studies have proved it. A perfect example here of how the chicken is separate from the egg. Right wing not getting it
Cite said studies or get the fuck out and shut up.

Same way walls stop people from breaking out of prison.

Really? It's the exact same? Weird because one is breaking "in" and the other is breaking "out".

Ok so I'm posing this question to ANYONE. How does the wall stop illegal immigration? Anyone, anyone?

I just had a crazy thought. Maybe the wall is just a symbol for an insecure president to put his name on something. Just a random though

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/evolutionary-entertainment/201206/conservatism-mental-illness?amp

Bang. Instant response with the counter right. Source cited from one of the most respected scientific studies on the planet.

TKO in the first. Sorry kiddo
It's a .com website.

I sure hope you don't use all .com websites to write reports.... no peer review and it's a fucking opinion piece... get a grip.

Did you even read your link? It's a fucking opinion piece, no scientific study, the writer even states "I'm not a clinician" and another line of "my admittedly biased brown eyes".

Jesus, your source citing sucks.

Right but I asked TS 2 questions and he wont answer either of them. Makes me sad

Abig is among the least worthwhile people to have a conversation with in this forum. He's basically a mouthpiece for his political stance and has virtually nothing to say beyond parroting its talking points. Some of his articles might lead to somewhat interesting conversations, but he's pretty much never responsible for it.

Last edited:
Abig is among the least worthwhile people to have a conversatino with in this forum. He's basically a mouthpiece for his political stance and has virtually nothing to say beyond parroting its talking points. Some of his articles might lead to somewhat interesting conversations, but he's pretty much never responsible for it.

What a gorgeous destruction of a terrible poster. Well worded.

Op, here's a study from 2006 indicating (as we've generally always known) that illegal immigrants, due to paying into a bevy of taxes that they'll never be able to capitalize on, are actually taxed without political representation to their detriment.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=881584[URL]https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=881584[/URL]

Many Americans believe that undocumented immigrants are exploiting the United States economy.1 The widespread belief is that “illegal aliens”2 cost more in government services than they contribute to the economy.3 This belief is demonstrably false. “[E]very empirical study of illegals’ economic impact demonstrates the opposite . . . : undocumenteds actually contribute more to public coffers in taxes than they cost in social services.”4

Moreover, undocumented immigrants contribute to the U.S. economy by investing and consuming goods and services;5 ªlling millions of “essential worker” positions resulting in subsidiary job creation, increased productivity and lower costs of goods and services;6 and making unrequited contributions to Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance programs.7 Eighty-five percent of eminent economists surveyed have concluded that undocumented immigrants have had a positive (seventy-four percent) or neutral (eleven percent) impact on the U.S. economy

As the material circumstances of the study haven't changed (We have not instituted amnesty nor removed the tax burden of undocumented immigrants), i'm going to have to say that Ann Coulter is so full of shit that it's coming out of her eyes.

Got anything that might change my mind? Maybe from someone who's not a bloviating hack?

We have been assured by the MSM, liberal indoctrination centers, twitter trolls and their stereotypes on this board, that illegal immigration is somehow profitable. I always found this amusing.

Anyways, the figures are in:

A 2017 study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) found that illegal aliens cost the American taxpayer — on net — $116 billion a year.

That’s pretty high, but the actual number is more likely triple that....

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigra...ise-that-cheap-immigrant-labor-costs-us-a-lot

The article points out as well some additional costs that are rearly mentioned.

And what was the tab of illegal immigration to the family of Kate Steinle, the young woman shot dead by an illegal immigrant in San Francisco in 2015?

And:

In Maine, overdose deaths from opioids, mostly Mexican heroin, have skyrocketed in the last decade, up from an already catastrophic 100 to 200 deaths per year to more than double that — 418 in 2018.

How much for that wall again?

How much to implement Eisenhower's solution?
This is an anti-immigration advocacy group. Surprise!
Anti-tax advocacy groups also tell us that taxes are bad...always. Every tax. Surprise!

You have to account for the material wealth they produce; particularly the increased investment power and financial capital they contribute to employers due to the low wages they incur. You can't just add up taxes they pay indirectly (like sales tax). Look at this:
  • A large percentage of illegal aliens who work in the underground economy frequently avoid paying any income tax at all.
So what? They're almost to the man in the poorest earners bracket. The poorest brackets pay a marginal effective income tax rate in the first place-- if any at all:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_income_tax

It doesn't look at the profits they generate for the private sector outside this spending. They consume goods. They enrich businesses. Those businesses then pay taxes into the system.

Just eyeball that report it was an obviously stacked deck as I would have expected from a lobbyist think tank.

Back