Surefire sign UFC is NOT going to Calgary in 2015

ChinaMMABlog

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For those Calgary fans waiting for the UFC to come to town, better consider heading to Saskatoon for the Holloway / Oliveira Fight Night card ...

We've heard lots of talk about how the UFC owes Calgary a good card after the bummer of UFC 149. There's been talk of December 4. But seriously, does anyone want to go to Alberta in December? No.

Anyway, in all likelihood, that December Pay Per View card will not happen in Calgary (probably Vegas, like they all are), and here's the proof ...

Wherever the UFC goes, Joe Rogan books a comedy show the night before. He is playing Calgary in September (9/19), but it's on a Saturday night - a night that the UFC has slotted TBD.

This is no science, but let's face it, Joe Rogan isn't going to Calgary twice in four months.

So pack your bags for Saskatoon, Calgary folks, and enjoy this little Canadian gem about Saskatchewan: https://boysclimbingropes.bandcamp.com/track/saskatchewan

Oh, well. I hope they come back to England at some point, but I don't think we'll be seeing them until next year, at least :(

It's a long trip for Halloway vs Oliviera IMO

Is it me, or is demand so much greater for the UFC to run live shows in Canada and Europe than in non-Vegas areas of the US?

Seems like a stretch to me, I'm tenuously hanging onto hope. But Dana has a terrible track record of keeping his word....

Calgary deserves a good UFC card.

I like how he says he owes them a card, but that means Calgary fans have to pay again! If he owed them a card they would get free tickets.

What's the difference between Calgary and Saskatoon?

Toe-may-toe / Toe-maw-toe

All the same to me. America's hat.

Nothing about any of the shit you've said is "surefire".

Dana just said a couple of weeks ago it was between Calgary and Toronto. He's went back on his word many times, so I'm not expecting it to happen, but nothing in this thread should rule it out.

Alberta alone also contributes about 1/3 of all PPV sales, so if he was smart he'd have already made it up to us.

Are you a medicine hatter living in China or something, ts? :cool:

Toronto will get a card.

Calgary is in the same boat as Portland. Poor ticket sales regardless of a shitty card = many years till ufc returns

Lol the difference between Saskatoon to Calgary is like the difference between Nashville and Chicago
Calgary is a huge business centre in Canada and Saskatoon is the biggest city in a province flatter than ariyanni Celestes ass

Lol the difference between Saskatoon to Calgary is like the difference between Nashville and Chicago
Calgary is a huge business centre in Canada and Saskatoon is the biggest city in a province flatter than ariyanni Celestes ass

Lol Calgary has like 400,000 people. Chicago has 3 mil

What's the difference between Calgary and Saskatoon?

Toe-may-toe / Toe-maw-toe

All the same to me. America's hat.

Pssh. America's hat. More like

5dc7054220459f8ab9b87a77f8f0e7aa.jpg

Uh.. its common knowledge ufc 194 lawler vs condit is booked for the saddledome in calgary dec 05-15 so wtf is this thread

Im glad UFC had been treating Texas good lately, sorry calgary.

Lawler/Condits good though if true.

Back